Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats about what I pay per child, and at one time I was paying for 3 of em!:eek:
Thank goodness the little one is now 3 days shy of 15. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! :cool:

There are probably a million comments I could make on this one, :eek: but since it is the New Year, and were still into the "Goodwill toward men" season. I'll let it go. :rolleyes:
Say it again in July, and it could get ugly! :D:p:rolleyes:

Dana has been good to me!:) She has been cooking fer me:p My ex hardly ever cooked dinner fer me......:mad:

as fer the pull toy comment......I stand behind it:D! God help me if and when I get a second shift job! Between work and the GF.....I should have no troubles sleeping:p;)

Went back into town to recruit a new member for our volunteer fire dept. He's only 17 right now but that won't stop him from learning how to handle the equipment out in the field. I've already explained to him that he can't go into the fires until he's 18 and he's fine with that. By then he should be familiar with all our equipment. His down line goal is to get his training done then sign up for professional training at LSU for his Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 essentials. With that he can get a job with a paid dept. Talked to the chief about him and we'll check him out at the next meeting.

Stopped by roadside flea market on the way back and picked up a DVD I've been looking for. "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Paid a whole $5 for it.

01/04/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

:confused:

Good morning folks

It was 28 F as I headed out this morning. Our high will be 42 F.

We went to my son’s Boy Scout troop meeting last night. The scouts were getting ready for Winter Survival this weekend. They had to prepare menus and their patrol boxes. Since this is not only a camping trip but a competition they wanted to make sure everything is ready. Weather-wise it looks like it will be warmer than last year’s overnight temperature of 12 F. However, we may have snow to contend with. My son has to do the shopping for his patrol’s meals.

Tonight is the return of my daughter’s volleyball practice.

I hope everybody has a good day.

I survived another holiday show at the McWane Science Center and the layout is back in the barn!
Sunday was not the best day of the season for scenery!
It seemed like about 1/3 of the women were obviously pregnant. That made several an 8.5 out of 10.0 on My rating scale. however, I did observe a few between 9.5 and 10.0. Most definitely a day worth checking out the traffic around the layouts.
We got the LG&W layout down and re-assembled in the club room in about 2 hours. It took about another 30 minutes to dis-assemble and pack up the Thomas the Tank Engine track and equipment. Since this was the first time we did this set up, it took a little while to learn to pack things together in an effeient manner.

Now, we have to come up with some new scenes to have next year.
We now have the standard scenes of firemen rescuing a small boy from a tree, auto accident, numerous boating and fishing scenes, boy scout campers, bear treeing a hiker, hobo camp and beavers bulding a dam.

Any suggestions of a favorite scene you like?

Mikey
Might be a little gross, but we had a "cow incedent" on our club layout a few years back. Makes for a nice little diversion when the trains "die" and a crew is franticly fixing a broken wire on the feeders for the affected main line.
753c2520.jpg

41 degrees, and the high was only supposed to be 34. Clear sky with a very cold wind. Supposed to be 20 tonight.

Hey guys, just went through a short stay at the local hospital to get my meds adjusted. I gotta get out and get a money order for one of my friends, and it's very late. It will be going out in this afternoon's mail. I have to wait on my wife to get the money order though, because I'm not used to the new dosages yet. I can't drive for a couple more days,maybe up to a week. I have to do this every six months, and they have to keep me under observation while they do it. Some of the meds have some pretty nasty side effects. I've got the cotton mouth again for another week or two, maybe longer. I just keep a glass of iced tea in my hands pretty much all day every day. They had to do some massive adjustments this time, so no trains until I can use the stairs again. It pretty much sucks all the way around, because it messes everybody's schedule when I go in pretty much go in on a very short notice like 4 to 8 hours. I've yet to figure it out for myself, but sometimes my med just quit working all at once. Then the paranoid symptoms kick in, and I start having delusions and paranoid episodes all at once. It's not fun to watch. You can ask my wife about that. Anyway, everybody that I owe something to will be taken care of this afternoon. See you all later! oddtodd

Good Morning Everyone,
The morning started out at a cold 30*s and it doesn't seem as though it will warm up much
although it was a bit more pleasant in the Sun when I went out to pet the neighbor hood German Shepard mix.

Karl: Your cow incident shot look a bit tragic but don't I see a barbed wire fence in the shot too? It's there when I enhanced the photo as I suspected. I can remember quite a number of years ago seeing a cow jump a barbed wire fence almost like a deer. Like it was no effort, and being along a main highway there were several dead cows laying bloated along the road.

Good thing your incident didn't derail the Loco but how come the snow plow didn't push it out of the way? Oh, that's what cut the neck off.

Pretty good shot and nice scenery!

Karl- good idea!
I'll submit it for consideration.
Let me know if there are any other ideas you can think of!

Karl- good idea!
I'll submit it for consideration.
Let me know if there are any other ideas you can think of!

Mikey
I usually go for billboards and signage that takes a little reading. Businesses like a hair salon that has a sign that reads' Curl up & Dye Salon. Ben Dover and Associates, Accounting. Dr Seymour Hynee, Proctologist. Etc.
I've also got a few that are even racier. BUT small folks usually can't understand whats so funny, besides, most are too busy lookin at the trains!:D

This one's a favorite
20090214211342.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The menu looks good. I'll take everything on it with a side of bacon...:D

So, why doesn't my GPS have an "avoid ghetto" option?... I got to see some, *ahem*, "exotic" areas yesterday evening when I went to another town too see a new acquaintance.

Good morning. It's 60° and cloudy. The high will be 65° and there's a 40% chance that it will be wet. Expecting a low tonight of 38°.

I have no plans for anything today so anything that does get done will be on the spur of the moment. I feel good this morning even though my blood sugar level is only 65. Got to get that up quick.

Good Morning Everyone,
It's a Cold 34* morning here but under clear skies so that's a help. My buddy down in the Fresno area called and said it was very cloudy earlier so depending on what happens that my rise up to my area?

I almost forgot to mention that today Fed X is supposed to deliver a fairly good size order from Micro-Mark of a new Dobson Mitre Rite saw, a bunch of different scribed wood sheets as well as a selection of Gould Windows & Doors. I also ordered some of the Floquil weathering pens.

I've needed the windows and doors for a long time as several of the structures I have don't have any and I'm planning on building many other structures for the layout.

I also finished getting all the code 55 rail spiked down last night on the Serpha Copper & Iron Works siding which is very satisfying as I hated to see it unfinished. The Cordless Dremel is really enjoyable to use as I pre-drill all the spike holes first
after I get the gauged rail in position and not having to fight a cord is a pleasure.

Jeffery: Glad to hear your feeling good and have a grasp on the blood sugar that's important!

Hope every has a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back