Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be on the cool side tonight (26°). I won't be on tomorrow morning as I have to be in Alexandria early. I have an appointment at the Abana Orthotics and Prosthesis center' to have a new brace made for my right leg. My old one is showing signs of wear and I can't walk without it so it has to be done. I'm not really looking forward to it.

Terry, sorry to hear about your Uncle.

Ditto from here Terry. Our prayers are with you and yours. Don't worry about the snow, the "authorities" say its just a minor dusting.:rolleyes:

Karl, that's a very nice layout from what I can see. Running a train that long would make me nervous!

65 cars is a medium size for us. Really, I only needed 2 engines on this one, but heck, why park one? Shortly after I yarded my train, out came a 70 car coal drag.:eek: 3 2-8-0's on the front, 3 midtrain, and 2 on the back end pushing. Running in the opposing lane was a 30 car passenger train with 5 F units on it!! We have one member who regularly runs a 110 car coal drag (loaded) and pulls it with a trio of Atlas GP40's. As long as the cars are properly wighted, have free rolling metal wheels, and couplers that match, there is nothing to be nervous about!;)

This morning my wife and I had an appointment in the Twin Cities for our next round of IVF.

Good luck!! We'll keep both of you in our prayers!:D

Hi to all,

I've been down with a Damn Head & Chest Cold and and it a real PITA. It's a bit of an effort to do much.

The weather was very nice today, probably in high 60's to low 70's for a bit but I didn't pay much attention.

I hear you guys bantering back and forth about the ground you have to mow and I know it does get to be a job even with Garden size tractor, the larger of the bunch, with a 44" triple blade belly mower, when you have much ground to mow to keep the weeds wacked back it becomes a real job. Fun in many ways but a lot of work too.
I'm not sure exactly of the size but it's probably about 3 acres of ground I used to mow and I had to mow over that area at least 3 times a year if not 4 or 5 depending on how long the the rain persisted. I bought the 18 hp Sears Garden tractor in the beginning of 1989 and installed an hour meter on right away and now have almost 1,000 hours of riding time on the metter. Of course I've used the tractor for many other tasks too so that all adds into the time usage too but the mowing is the major part. I have used the tractor with a drag blade to level out the 350' gravel driveway too which all enters into the usage factor. Speaking of the driveway I need to level it out again but I also need to pull the damn starter and replace the bendix which isn't a lot of fun. I've been putting that off due to the cold weather but I best get to getting the starter fixed as I've got field grass to mow and a lot of bushes that need to be trimmed and all that hauled off down back and dumped.

Got to get over this damn cold first though.

Say Terry If I get established with a new distributor I may be able to get those parts for you? I make no promises though.

Stay healthy and safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom would your daughter wear the Irish Setter Shirt? One of my two gitls would just so she could be different. She and I are quite a bit alike. When both girls were young Vicki and I went skipping through a mall leaving Glendia(wife) and Val walking the opposite direction we and been traveling. Vic and I turning around and laughing at them as we skipped along.

02/08/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

;)

Karl one of these days I intend to get up to some shows in that area, even if just for a weekend getaway with SWMBO.;)

The WGH show is coming to Atlanta this weekend, and I fully intend to drive over to it on Sat. Don't know if I'll spend any money or not as I've been in the hobby so long I have a very narrow list of what I need and probably an even narrower one of what I want. :rolleyes:

Screws, (metric) 1mm and smaller, are at the top of the list for now. Maybe a bundle or two of code 70 rail would be nice as well.:D

(Now if I can find another brass Allegheny at a bargain, I might even get it!)

Tom would your daughter wear the Irish Setter Shirt?

More than likely. She would wear it to tryouts or camps. Anything to help bring attention to herself. One of her coaches told her to wear outlandish and unusal shirts to tryouts to help make her stand out from the crowd.

Also if it has a cute dog on it she will wear. She is a teenage girl afterall.:D

Good morning folks

It was 36 F as I rolled out of the driveway. Apparently that was our high for the day as temperatures are supposed to go down to 14 F overnight. We had some misty rain this morning making the roads wet. Hopefully they do not freeze over as the temperature drops.

Not much happened yesterday. My son had an uneventful Boy Scout Troop meeting.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice and I am supposed to go to the District Boy Scout Roundtable.

I hope everybody has a good day.

When I got up this morning the temp was 17 and just 20 west of us it had already dropped to 7 so the cold is here for the next few days. Weathers procrastinators are saying near 50 by valentines day. Now that is what I have been waiting for just hope it does not plummet back into the teens and twenty's till next Jan. I know that is unreasonable but at this point I DON'T CARE.

Good afternoon folks. It's 37F here in the boonies wet heavy snow coming down, as if we needed more to go along with what has already been dumped on us. To top it off there's a second snowfall on it'd way. Well no matter how bad it gets it wont be as bad as what having they're having in Australia.
Thought spring was on the way for the past 3 days, warm enough for a lite jacket and the snow was melting maybe this is just a smartening up snow fall to tell us winter is still here.
A nice hot chocolate with bangers and beans before I head to the basement for more cleanup before starting on the train room.
Y'all have a great day and enjoy.
Cheers
Willis

Evening folks

Wild and wet this evening unlike the sunny blue sky day we just put to bed.

Last night the fish tank decided to empty itself via the electric cable that feeds the lights, the filter in the lid overflowed somehow (chinese engineering) and it ran down the wire, good job i found it as it was down to about 3" deep, unlike the kitchen floor :( and we got a 4th Budgerigar (parakeet) LOL he's a chatty little fellow :)

Good evening everyone.

I've had a great day off today. I used my gift certificate to a near by meat market. I was like a kid in a candy store! I came away with a smoked ham, smoked pork chops, German beer sausage, jalapeno beef sticks and a half dozen bratwurst. Man, it makes me hungry just thinking about it! It think that gift certificate is my go to present idea from here on out.

I've been flocking and planting trees most of the day. I forgot how many trees you can use in a short period of time. My small town looks much better with some foliage. I don't know how to tell my wife that I'm going to need another box of Super Trees to finish the other side of the layout. I may need to scratch the meat market gift certificate idea and go with train stuff after all for my birthday!:D

Have a good night all.

Went to see the docs at the Abana Orthotics and Prosthetics center this morning. They examined my foot and what's left of my ankle and decided a California style brace is the way to go. This would lock the ankle in place while taking the weight of the joint. At this point it's only talk as Medicaid has to OK it first. It's going to take four to six weeks for the paperwork to go through before an answer comes back. The drive there and back didn't do wonders for my back either. It's a 120 mile round trip. I stopped in at the LHS and had a look at some items and scenery materials I'd like to have and at this point look is all I can afford to do. This afternoon I kept smelling ozone in my trailer. I tracked it down to the heater. It's one of those electric things that looks like a small wood heater with the ember bed and flickering fire light in the front. That flicker effect is made possible by a strip of metal fins in the back that are turned by a rotisserie type electric motor. That motor was the source of the ozone odor. It was still running but brother was it hot! Since the backup heater I have is somewhat smaller than this one and a lot older I don't want to break it out of mothballs just yet. I cut one of the wires going to the motor and since all it did was turn the strip of metal fins it would be no big loss. The heater still puts out heat like it did before and the ember bed still glows but the flames look like they're frozen in time. No more ozone smell! I can live with that. Now, as far as the layout goes, I still haven't come to a decision. I know I'm usually the one who says 'Never give up' but everyone has their breaking point. I haven't reached mine yet but sometimes it feels like it's close. Most of this depends on what happens in the next few months.

Hey guys.....

I got me a part-time/seasonal job with Lowes! I'm not sure how many hours I will get a week but I'm going to get $9.70 an hour though:D Thank God:)

Hi Guys,
I'm still fight this darn cold with head congestion and just feel too bad to venture out much. It was fairly cool this morning at 48* inside with a cold mist outside. I feel rather
foolish talking about cold or cool when Terry is talking about 2*!

Say Terry My sympathy on your uncles passing, the uncles I had I never really knew other than pictures of them.

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back