Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry,
Whats wrong with it?:confused:
It has a bad motor driver in the sound decoder, and a Digitrax Z scale decoder was scabbed into the line to run the motor. Unfortunately, that doesn't run the sound. It works okay in "forward", but it just makes an idling sound in "reverse". Atlas told me not to run it like that, as it may damage the sound part of the decoder. I'm still trying to decide if I want to say "screw it" and run it anyway, try to find a Soundtraxx decoder for FM, or remove the sound chip and run it in stealth mode until I find another QSI decoder.
Brother, can you spare a QSI sound decoder?:(

Got a weird phone call this morning that had red flags all over it! A woman, supposedly a representative with the company that issued my credit card told me my card was eligible for a lower interest rate according to the records she had in front of her. Right off she got the issuer of the card wrong and missed completely on what company issued it. Red flag! Incorrect! I didn't bother correcting her. This call was already very suspicious. Next she wanted the card number and for me to verify my SS number. I simply told I liked my card (still no name) just the way it was. Then I hung up without giving her any information. I don't know this woman. I was simply calling back a number to check out "important information I needed concerning my credit card". She was asking for info over the phone that I wouldn't give to my own mother over the phone. If she was really a 'representative' of the company that issued my card she would have known what kind of card it was and she would have known the security question the company would use with ANY correspondence with me about my card, be it by phone, mail, email, Wells/Fargo armored transport, etc. None of this was evident. What was evident was that somebody was fishing for information. The biggest red flag? Supposedly she called me at the phone # on my paperwork. BIG STRIKE, WRONG ANSWER, NOT EVEN CLOSE! The number she called is an unlisted/unregistered number in the New Orleans area! Far away from here! Neither my bank nor the company that issued my card has this number. My parents live only 1/8th of a mile away but when they call me they're making a long distance phone call. I've heard of scams like this. Somebody will call stating that they represent company "X" and they have important information about your account that can save you money. All they need is for you to verify the card type, issuing company (MasterCard/Visa/Discover/whatever, account number, SS# and maybe the cards three digit security code. They tell you that you will see a savings/credit on your next statement and you hang up feeling good about it. Next thing you know your account has been emptied.

Good evening folks.

We enjoyed a sunny day with a high of 34! It's nice to see snow melt. Of course, in two days we have a high of Zero!

The boss has been gone since Tuesday so it's been pretty quiet at work. We're still selling stuff, but there's no carrying on.

I added a bunch of ground foam around my grain elevator. I feel like I'm giving every green surface around this town the same look. I think it's because no matter the color or size difference of the foam, it's still foam. I have some silflor left and a few pot toppers. Maybe I'll spread some of that around to change things up. I also need to decide how I want to model taller grasses in the ditches. I'll come up with something. At least I have almost all of the original foam covered.

I think I'll go tinker around the layout.

Have a good night.

Can't wait til tomorrow!
The Great Scale Train Show in Timonium tomorrow! The modules are already there, the locos and cars are packed, and from 8 til 5 tomorrow I'll be breaking in those new Atlas SD24s!
Maybe I'll shoot a little video and post it tomorrow night!:D

Hate to do it, but time for bed. Getting up at 6 tomorrow so I can be there early!:D

Got a weird phone call this morning that had red flags all over it! A woman, supposedly a representative with the company that issued my credit card told me my card was eligible for a lower interest rate according to the records she had in front of her. Right off she got the issuer of the card wrong and missed completely on what company issued it. Red flag! Incorrect! I didn't bother correcting her. This call was already very suspicious. Next she wanted the card number and for me to verify my SS number. I simply told I liked my card (still no name) just the way it was. Then I hung up without giving her any information. I don't know this woman. I was simply calling back a number to check out "important information I needed concerning my credit card". She was asking for info over the phone that I wouldn't give to my own mother over the phone. If she was really a 'representative' of the company that issued my card she would have known what kind of card it was and she would have known the security question the company would use with ANY correspondence with me about my card, be it by phone, mail, email, Wells/Fargo armored transport, etc. None of this was evident. What was evident was that somebody was fishing for information. The biggest red flag? Supposedly she called me at the phone # on my paperwork. BIG STRIKE, WRONG ANSWER, NOT EVEN CLOSE! The number she called is an unlisted/unregistered number in the New Orleans area! Far away from here! Neither my bank nor the company that issued my card has this number. My parents live only 1/8th of a mile away but when they call me they're making a long distance phone call. I've heard of scams like this. Somebody will call stating that they represent company "X" and they have important information about your account that can save you money. All they need is for you to verify the card type, issuing company (MasterCard/Visa/Discover/whatever, account number, SS# and maybe the cards three digit security code. They tell you that you will see a savings/credit on your next statement and you hang up feeling good about it. Next thing you know your account has been emptied.
Sage advise. Its a very common scam especially in Europe. The number 1 thing to remember is all credit card companies must notify you of any changes to the card agreement including interest rate reductions or repayments in writing.

02/05/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

:cool:

Good morning. It's 22° and clear. The high today will be 50° and sunny. There's no ice or snow in sight.

Cold this morning but no ice or snow on anything that I can see. Everything here is dry as a tinderbox. A hard freeze warning remains in effect until 10 am today. Am I going to do anything today that pertains to the layout? Probably not. But who knows?

Good morning. It's 33 and raining. It was below 32 last night, so there are pockets of black ice on the roads. I'm staying put for at least a couple of hours until it thaws. There's a man coming to look at my N scale layout today, I hope he'll get it. For the price I'm asking he'd be crazy not to. If that goes, it will be one less thing to move to the house. It will also mean I am officially "out of" N scale. I just can't work on it any more with the arthritis in my hands. I find it difficult enough to work on HO couplers, much less the smaller sizes. I used to be able to assemble a pair of MT 1015 couplers and install them in a Kato or Atlas locomotive in less than 5 minutes. Now it takes me that long to put a pair of #5's in an HO locomotive. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I can still handle the larger stuff, even though every time I do it reminds me I can't "play with" the stuff I have had for decades.
I can still run some of my old N scale stuff on our club's layout, the club and several members bought a lot of stuff from me for use there. It feels kind of like I'm dating my ex-wife, though.

It will also mean I am officially "out of" N scale. I just can't work on it any more with the arthritis in my hands. I find it difficult enough to work on HO couplers, much less the smaller sizes. I used to be able to assemble a pair of MT 1015 couplers and install them in a Kato or Atlas locomotive in less than 5 minutes. Now it takes me that long to put a pair of #5's in an HO locomotive.
That's one of the main reasons I got away from N Scale. Arthritis and the fact that my hands shake make it hard to work on or handle those small locos and cars. I have hard enough time with HO. I wanted to go to O Scale but don't have the room for anything that wouldn't look like a child's layout.

Good morning everyone.

It's a quiet morning at the store today. I just sitting around, drinking coffee and reading about trains. It's times like this that I feel guilty for getting paid for what I do. On the other hand, there are times that you can't pay me enough. I guess it balances out nicely.

I have a nice base of ground cover in most of my town area now. Now I need to add a little more depth. I'm thinking I need to shop for some more silflor and other grass products. I don't need a ton of grassy areas, so a grassmaster type of look isn't necessary. All I know is that I don't like the woodland scenics, horsehair looking stuff. Maybe it's just the way I've seen people use it. The clumps glued together and planted look totally unrealistic. Hmm, I think a purchase is in order.

I suppose I should find some sort of work to do.

Have a good day folks.

Hope ya keep it to yourselves!!!:D If not, it will be on my doorstep by Thurs-Fri. :eek::eek::eek:

Sho nuf, the Weatherguesser channel says we're gonna see snow showers come Thursday!!! Last time they said that, we had 10 inches of "snow showers"
This was out last snow shower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTb3mRgZ1bk
Train show this weekend, guess what,,,,the trailer ain't goin!! Everything is piled in the truck!

Well Karl, as usual, they've changed it again. Now we have snow flurries this morning, a possible rain/snow mix Monday morning, then the snowstorm Wed night through part of Thursday. That tells me yall may just get it again Fri into Sat.

Wish they'd make up my mind:p.

We had ice falling again today under clear skies. It was falling from the trees as it melted off. It's peaceful once again as there's no ice crashing down on my roof. It was kind of weird to look out and see what looked like steam vapor billowing off the top of my van.

I had an interesting day. First, our neighbor that had a birthday party every weekend moved out this morning before the complex office opened. That's not a bad thing, with any luck the apartment will be vacant until we move. We won't have to deal with more obnoxious neighbors. Next, our downstairs neighbor moved out during the week. This is disquieting, as between us we comprised the only members of our ethnic persuasion in this building, and our building was the last one in the complex to house "us".
Next, the man came by to purchase and haul off my N scale layout. He also donated some old HO stuff he had lying around. Among the goodies was an old Bachmann John Bull passenger set, and one of those epileptic Gandy Dancers. The latter is brand new (it even works), the former was old and decrepit, but after a few minutes' tinkering, I got it running pretty well, too. At least, as well as one of them can run.
I then went to Lowes to take advantage of a pre-season sale on lawn equipment, and got a good deal on a Troy-Bilt self propelled push mower with all the bells and whistles. I opened the box when I got it home, and noticed several very important parts missing. The parts were the auxiliary battery charger for the electric start, the keys, the owner's manual, the lube oil that was supposed to come with it, and the grass catcher. A return to Lowes and a brief one-sided conversation got me a 50% discount off this mower, and MTD is going to ship me the missing parts Monday, supposedly free of charge. So, I got a $349 lawn mower for $149.50.
I'd rather have the whole machine in the box, but I guess for the price I won't complain. I now have a lawn tractor and trailer, lawn mower, and a few yard tools. All I need now is a weed eater and hedge trimmer, and I'll be set from a lawn care standpoint.
I also picked up a 200 amp service breaker box to replace the fuse box in the house, with its glass fuses. A garage door opener will be a nice addition for my wife. All she'll have to do is pull up to the door and hit the button so she doesn't have to get out of the car when she leaves or gets home. My truck, unfortunately, is much too tall to fit into either the main or detached garage. It looks like the detached garage is going to be a home for the lawn equipment.
Then, when I got home, another neighbor was moving out of the next set of apartments in our building. At this rate, I may be able to find a parking space in the lot before long. And before anybody asks, yes, I checked my deodorant...

And before anybody asks, yes, I checked my deodorant Boy Terry you are good, very very good answering the questions afore we get em askeded.

CJ, I've about given up on the weatherguessers. They were calling for snow showers today, we got rain. Its now 36 degrees outside, with patchy clouds and gusty winds. The best weather report I can find these days is right outside my window!:rolleyes:

Speaking of today, had a blast!! Ran trains and wandered around the train show all day, and I get to do it tomorrow too!:D Here's a little sample of what I ran today. 65 car train pulled by 3 Atlas SD24's! I could have done it with 2, but since this was their maiden voyage on the modular layout I couldn't play favorites, so I ran em all, even though 2 would have done the job.
65%20car%20train.JPG

The arrow points to the caboose, the 65th car on the train! :D
Tomorrow, the D&H PA's go with a passenger consist, the Midland GP38AC's will have a grain train, my Western Maryland Pacific will have a passenger consist (also a maiden voyage) and since the grandkids will be there, Thomas, Annie, and Calarabel are also packed up!:D

Better get some sleep, catch y'all later!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back