Weekend photofun 13/14/15 June

I haven't posted one of these in awhile, I guess its never too late though.

I did a lot of work on my Railflyer GP frame this weekend, The fuel tank is now fully detailed, and I added the TM cables to the conductors side, sorry about the somewhat fuzzy photos:

DSC02387.JPG

DSC02388.JPG

I also managed to get trackside for a bit, and caught PW-X an empty coal train from the Mt. Tom power plant as it returned into the E. Deerfield, MA yard:

001_pw_east_deerfield_061408.jpg

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
im going to have to see if there is a part # of the newer rtr tunnel motor i have. you can see thru the exhaust and the fans are kinda similar to the cannon ones, but the blades dont rotate.

jerome, the dynamic brakes on the sd40's are the newer version from athearn or older ones? i cannot find a part # for the newer see thru fans from athearn.

im going to have to see if there is a part # of the newer rtr tunnel motor i have. you can see thru the exhaust and the fans are kinda similar to the cannon ones, but the blades dont rotate.

I'm interested in this too. I have some of the SD40 fans, and they're well cast. I've not yet found the part number for them however.

And lastly, an Athearn BB SD40-2 I high hooded and Norfolk Southernized :)
Anyone know where there's any more OMI 9003 5 chime horns in stock?

ns40-2-1.jpg

6-15-1.jpg

Grampy (DJ), thanks for your remarks. I wish I could take credit for having the foresight to make wavy tracks, but I can at the most claim to have had them turn out that way just like the big boys...by happenstance. :D You see, I built the yard last, and that meant standing in front of it and not being able to eyeball the tracks from the end. It went together reasonably well, all things considered, and I now would give myself a C+ or B- on the result. I agree the rails are wavy, and I suppose not unrealistically. It's just dumb luck. I am happy you have your approval.

-Crandell

Wow Dave! I remember someone getting 4 SD40-2's from me, but not looking like that! LOL it looks great! Any chance of getting that one back? J/K:p
All the weekends work looks good folks!:cool:
All I got done was some decoder installs in a couple of SD70's, and decalling a single boxcar. These darn digitrax decoders and needing resistors for Athearn lights suck. If you use 440ohm, theyre too bright and burn out, or use 800+ ohms, and theyre too dim. Wiring multiple resistors inline dont work too well when theres not enuff room.:eek:

Grampy (DJ), thanks for your remarks. I wish I could take credit for having the foresight to make wavy tracks, but I can at the most claim to have had them turn out that way just like the big boys...by happenstance. :D You see, I built the yard last, and that meant standing in front of it and not being able to eyeball the tracks from the end. It went together reasonably well, all things considered, and I now would give myself a C+ or B- on the result. I agree the rails are wavy, and I suppose not unrealistically. It's just dumb luck. I am happy you have your approval.

-Crandell

Hi Crandell: When I saw that photo, I thought to myself, I've seen tracks like that before. I believe it was in Kalmbach's book on designing yards. There was a prototype photo of a Pennsy yard and there were tracks that looked just like yours. It's a great scene!

Wow Dave! I remember someone getting 4 SD40-2's from me, but not looking like that! LOL it looks great! Any chance of getting that one back? J/K:p
Did you see what I did to your NS C40-8? he he he.....

664-2.jpg

And all too late, I just realized I should have swapped the radiator grills on 3216:(

showPicture.aspx

More great stuff, guys, thanks for posting all those pics. I'm going to do some layout shots before this weekend if it kills me. :)

Back