Weekend photofun 13/14/15 June

Looking good Ron! Honestly opinion though, I think the engineering department would have raised the earthen works, vice the sharp drop off on the bridge.

great work everybody! Just got back from vacation in South Dakota so no progress on my layout. These are of the Black Hills Central tourist line.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Blimey John,,, your roaring away with the new layout :) tore my old one to bits today, just got the three piece modular British layout left now.

Does it look like this? This is one I put on a cylindrical hopper in my collection of grafittoed cars.

P9160001.jpg
Almost, but it was a grey hopper, with blue sky background and the stork took up 3/4's of the sides, the sky wasn't that promenent, there is a post on it on our sister forum, I'll have to dig up the link for ya.

Looking good Ron! Honestly opinion though, I think the engineering department would have raised the earthen works, vice the sharp drop off on the bridge.

I thought that at first, too. But to make the clearance and connect to the road ramp I had to make it like that. I have seen a few roads that approach that grade on a bridge, so I'm not that far off from prototype. In person it's not that bad.

A couple of images to add to my contribution this weekend. MLW, you have some great images there!

IMG_2185cadj2.png

IMG_2179adj2.png

-Crandell

Crandell The top pic is brilliant, love the telephoto view.

William, John
Off the rails once again after some battle damage and rust effects with the two pack instant rust, it will get progressively darker as the weeks go on, the iron part of the set had set solid, it took some hot water and a lot of stiring to get it right

stevespics006.jpg

stevespics008.jpg

I thought that at first, too. But to make the clearance and connect to the road ramp I had to make it like that. I have seen a few roads that approach that grade on a bridge, so I'm not that far off from prototype. In person it's not that bad.
Hadn't thought of the fact that the camera can exaggerate the grade. :eek:

As usual a lot of great work again this week gentlemen!!! Here's the rest of my work for this week.

JTEX has acquired 2 C44-9W's. They've been patched and are back on the road.
100_2323.jpg

100_2322.jpg

JTEX also put 4 SD40-2's back on the road leased out to different railroads needing power.

100_2327.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2330.jpg

3 patched Geeps, 2 back into service, #3428 is retired, parts only.

100_2321-1.jpg

100_2319.jpg

100_2320.jpg

And another Geep CNW patched for the UP.

100_2318-1.jpg

A couple of you have asked how I do so many every week. Here's a couple picture of next weeks projects. They are painted, some needing gloss-coat before decals.

A couple of switchers, both will be patched, one ex Conrail, one ex D&RGW
100_2324.jpg

3 Geeps, 2 will be D&RGW patched, the other one will be a CSX ghost.
100_2326.jpg

And lastly, 2 SD40-2 snoots with extended range dynamic brakes for the A&P.

100_2325.jpg

Now I'm running low on some Micro-Scale decals(LHS hasn't come through for me) so I might not get them all done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome, I find the best place, although not cheap by any means, is ordering direct from Microscale.

On a side note, I think you should patch one of those cool Silver & Green FURX SD40's, into a JTEX.

Josh, If I ever run across one of those FURX shells, I'll do it I'm sure. I did find an Electro Motive SD40-2. I really like the maroon and silver colors on that one. I don't have any of the newer 40-2 frames though. I'll have to wait until I get a couple of those.

jerome, the dynamic brakes on the sd40's are the newer version from athearn or older ones? i cannot find a part # for the newer see thru fans from athearn.

Steve, they are the newer version pictured on the right side of this picture. They do not have see thru fans though.

100_1916.jpg

Back