The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Power just came on. No power from 9 am to 11:20 pm.

Yu'd think we had a hurricane or something. Dang. At least I got a cigar. First one in a year. took the dog for a walk. Wife caught me anyway. Oh well. AT least I got to smoke it. :D

Ken;

Here all we have had to worry about past couple of years is, Cat 1 & 2 Hurricanes after they weaken from Cat 3-4, Opal, Ivan, Katrina all came near here in B'ham. They were still Cat 1 & 2 as they passed here, caused a lot of tree & powerline damage. :( :( One of the local TV stations even got a "tower cam" video of a tornado spawned from Katrina over in Tuscaloosa, and followed that jewel for about 5 minutes before it disappeared into the rain shield.

We also have 2 severe weather seasons with real bad**s thunderstorms spitting out F1-5 Tornadoes, Spring and Fall. Last F-5 here was one the ground for almost an hour, and killed 34 people. :mad: That one even made it as part of a HBO special.

And according to the GFS forecast models during the winter, we are always two weeks away from the next blizzard. Last blizzard dumped 22" of snow in my backyard. But that was 1993. We've had two ice storms (hate ice), and exactly 1/4" of snow since. :confused:

As long as there aren't any quakes from the New Madrid fault, (scientists say if it has another like in early 1800's, there will be severe damage as far south as here even), I'll stay right here in the "sunny south" where its safe :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It sure is nice to hear what's happening around the country, but, you know, I still kinda miss the musical squirrels and polar bears...............

Darrell, nostalgically quiet...for now

This squirrel?

squirell.png

Hehehe, we'll transition to a new subject soon. Maybe Pizza? *hint, hint* ;)

Morning everyone. Sabrina, large coffee please.

The cool weather is nice here in the SE. After the sweltering (miserable) summers here, the Fall is always a welcome time.

I'm still trying to find the time to get some more RR (staging) work done. LGM built some car kits last night and I did a couple of decoder installs and cleaned up from last weekend's construction. :eek: Need to pick up some 4 conductor phone cable today. It will be used for the block detection circuits and, probably, the stationary decoders.

Well, I gotta get moving. Ya'll have a great day.

mmmmm pizza, sounds good to me! Still got my own drinks, so I'm fine there. Had a great weekend, for my pre-birthday, birthday party, and then went out last night to drink 8 baby corona's and eat 3 tacos for my bday dinner :D which reminds me, someone missed my happy bday message, not that it matters anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys boy did I drop the ball yesterday I didn't realize yester day was the 25th of October to me thats an aniversary date as it was 2 years :) :D no smoking and I use to smoke between 2 1/2 - 3 packs a day.
Grinningman.png

And someones been missing my squirel huh well I have more just have to dig them up I have things I can't remember all . I have a 8 gig hard drive 3/4 full of that kinda stuff lol.

moosesnif.png

Tap your foot! Slap your knee! The musical squirrel is back!!!

Thanks, all! Cute little bugger, isn't he?

Middle of the week doldrums. Can't seem to get motivated. Got to work on that someday!

Just popping in to check on what's going on. Happy birthday, Josh, whichever forum you're on!

Okay, back to the doldrums.....

Darrell, quiet...for now

RT - congrats on the non-smoke anniversary!

Darrell - hope ya feel better. Speaking of N-scalers, has anybody heard from Thurm lately? I haven't seen a post from him on here since Oct 12...

CSX_road_slug said:
Speaking of N-scalers, has anybody heard from Thurm lately? I haven't seen a post from him on here since Oct 12...

I emailed him over a week ago and got no response. I hope he's doing well.

It's gotten cold here the last few days... bought a space heater for the RR room last night at Costco. Nice part is that it's programmable and has a thermostat, so I can set it to get up to an acceptable temperature and then quit wasting electrons.

This morning was nice and clear, but it's clouding over now (I'm on lunch). My painting clothes are already laid out on the bed for when I get home... time to finish the walls and mount the shelving rails that will support the layout. I'm hoping to have the layout back operating by Saturday evening.

tommyguncat.png

Okay now were did my squirell Dinner go you know the one with the tapping foot trying to play some harmonica music.

Hi all Hey Donna I'll have a large sprite and a large pizza with the works but keep the hot peppers and those fishy things.

Was offered a old lionel train set today have to go see it this weekend and see how much they want for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back