The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Top of page again. Well, first cups on me.

Good Morning all! The weekend is here already and hope you have a gooood one. Flo... a sausage and biscuit with a pot of coffee please.

I almost, repeat almost, really screwed up today:eek:. Our 39th wedding anniversary is today and I didn't remember until late yesterday afternoon:eek:. Ah, but thank goodness for women's love of flowers and a nearby florist;). You know, 39 years sure is a long time to be with one person that has always been your love and pardner in life.

RT: You best put the cuffs on "Baby Face Meow" before he shoots up our coffee shop :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
rtraincollector said:
tommyguncat.png

Okay now were did my squirell Dinner go you know the one with the tapping foot trying to play some harmonica music.

Hi all Hey Donna I'll have a large sprite and a large pizza with the works but keep the hot peppers and those fishy things.

Was offered a old lionel train set today have to go see it this weekend and see how much they want for it :D

This will make you think twice next time you want to say "Here, kitty, kitty!" :D

Prozac, it's what keeps you from doing what you REALLY want to do! :eek:

Wonder what would happen to this kitty if it met up with the polar bear after the penguins got through with him? (Boy, did I just string together a whole bunch of references to earlier comments on this thread? I gotta stop that. It'll confuse someone just joining in! :confused: )

Thanks for the cute kitty picture!

Darrell, quiet...for now

Happy Anniversary, Rex --- AND Mrs. Rex! Are you going to stop counting now, at the magic 39?

I'm glad you remembered in time. We would have missed you around here. :D

Rex never i repeat NEVER forget your aniversary, i did this year and i was in deep do do for ages, flowers are a mans best friend on occasions like this.
with haloween looming my neigbours giving away T bags to the rather old trick or treaters, we get gangs of lads after money (they will be carying card swipers soon), anyhow he says have a t-bag, GO HOME and have a nice warm brew, this stuns them instantley and leaves them speechless, all the genuine young kids get a nice treat though, normally chocolate or sweets,,,,
I am on a high at the moment due to the WHITE SOX WINNING, :) :D :)
later

"Wonder what would happen to this kitty if it met up with the polar bear after the penguins got through with him? (Boy, did I just string together a whole bunch of references to earlier comments on this thread? I gotta stop that. It'll confuse someone just joining in!"

Confused? No, just too lazy to scroll thru 40+ pages of posts *g*

Coffee to go please...I'm off to a mitderm, then back to the ugly project. I'll prolly plug my laptop into a booth later to work on it. The wild and crazy life of a grad student...

Catapult

The paint is done... although I've discovered that the 3M blue painting tape is very affectionate with latex paint. To the point of bringing the paint, and sometimes the paper from the wallboard, with it when peeling it off.

But everything that now looks brown is going to be below deck level and thus unseeable.
DSCF2520.sized.jpg

DSCF2518.sized.jpg

I bought a cutoff blade for my dad's combo-miter saw (why buy my own?) and some hacksaw blades. Now I'm going to cut down some of the shelf rails to keep them down to a useful height for me.

Rex - congrats on the 39th anniversary, may you have many more!

Steve - Last year it was the Red Sox, this year it is the White Sox....Hmmm, I think I'll suggest to Peter Angelos that he change the name of the Orioles to the Orange Sox, then maybe they will win the Series in 2006 :rolleyes: .

JeffShultz said:
The paint is done... although I've discovered that the 3M blue painting tape is very affectionate with latex paint. To the point of bringing the paint, and sometimes the paper from the wallboard, with it when peeling it off.

Not sure how you were peeling back, but I found that if you flip it back flat against it self then pull downward at a 45 degree angle or so, it peels MUCH less.

Wow! I started another page!

Okay, belly up, boys and girls. Treats are on me tonight!

Darrell, amazed, but quiet...for now

Hey, free treats? Awesome! I'll have a 20 oz. Root Beer (I'm in a hurry now, gotta do some railfanning this morning).

When I'm back I'll tell you how I made out. Of course, with Saturdays you get

COLLEGE FOOTBALL :D

Gonna watch the PSU game tonight.

BTW I thought we were having the Halloween party on Monday night, oh well, I guess Monday I'll be preoccupied throwing candy at those who dare to trick or treat in my neighbornood. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
JeffShultz said:

But everything that now looks brown is going to be below deck level and thus unseeable.
Yeah, been there done that. :rolleyes: It's because latex paint basically forms a plastic "shell" on whatever surface you're painting, and pulling the tape off essentially has the same effect as pulling the plastic tear strip off of a FedEx or Priority Mail box (bad analogy, but you get the idea...maybe).

Like Josh said, experiment with different ways of pulling the tape off. It's kinda finicky. Or, if you're really ambitious, you can lightly score along the sides of the tape with a utiliity knife before you pull it off (but that sounds like a lot of work to me :eek: )...

Coffee and pancakes, please, Sabrina.

Ya'll have a great weekend. We'll be out of pocket till tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see ya'll then.

rtraincollector, I love the "ghost" pic. I sent a link to it to my two nieces in Europe.

Hi all! Flo, a little brunch will be good today. Charge it with a big tip to Darrell.
Thought that I would tell you that I survived our anniversary and thank you for your best wishes. The flowers worked and I came out of it smelling like a rose:rolleyes::D:D(had to say that)
Why do men always come out on the short end of the stick for these things. On the Wedding Anniversary we give flowers or a gift;we get a card. On Valentines Day we give flowers or a gift;we get a card. Why can't we get a piece of rolling stock or a loco:confused:? Guess it could be worse...we could get flowers.:p

Beautiful day here in T-town. Great for Alabama's homecoming with Utah State and most anything you want to do. I believe I will sit out in the back yard, listen to the game, and trim up some cuttings for layout trees. I probably only need a thousand or so. Ya'll have a good'un.

On the Wedding Anniversary we give flowers or a gift;we get a card. On Valentines Day we give flowers or a gift;we get a card. Why can't we get a piece of rolling stock or a loco? Guess it could be worse...we could get flowers.

Because if they did you would be modling n scale and they would buy you a g scale train car and say oh its too big how was I to know they all look the same to me .

I model O gauge and mine always wants to buy me HO don't ask me why but she always points to one of those sets and say I guess thats the wrong size too huh. :rolleyes:
P8.png

Sabrina, I'm ready for an iced latte this evening...

My time was not 'my own' today. First of all, my wife had to go to a funeral for a friend's mother who passed away [age 84] so she was gone all day. I wound up ferrying 3 kids to separate soccer games. Also picked up a new mower this morning, a 'zero-turn' - man that thing is fast, it made quick work of my almost-2-acre lawn! This will hopefully give me more time for trains when my kids don't have soccer...

RT, I finally got a closer look at your 'ghosts' - LMAO! :D :D :D
I 'hear ya' on the topic of train gifts from wives/girlfriends, I started a thread last year on the Kalmbach forum asking who routinely got MRR gifts for Christmas. I mentioned that I specifically told my family NOT to try buying me any trains, because it's too easy to get the wrong item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back