Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas!

merxmas.png

from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

xmastree1.png

:cool:

Good morning. It's 47° and wet. Rain is falling. The high will be 50° and it will still be raining. There's a 50% chance of rain this morning and afternoon increasing to 70% this evening.

Merry Christmas!

No white Christmas this year. Here that's a good thing as the state doesn't have the equipment or the budget to clear away the white muck. No modeling plans for today. There's a Christmas dinner at my parents place later so I'll be going to that. I got about five hours of sleep last night. That's better than I expected.

P1011603-1.jpg

Good Morning to All,

Hello Flo & Francine, Merry Christmas to you both, I'm glad to see your open today for a meeting place for the guys of the fourm!

Did you see Karl's very nice Christmas Card post?

I didn't get as much done as I planned yesterday as I got side tracked, npi. I'm going to make up for it today though! Actually I have several things I'd like to get done if possible and one is getting the sub roadbed and John Allen Engine house section lead tied into the Ridge Crest main line sub roadbed as well as get the upper main line up rights screwed in place. All this is really not difficult it's just a matter of getting to it rather than being distracted by wanting to run trains on what I have. Well that is a good way of testing things out though and I have found several little problems that needed to be corrected where some of the hidden flex track moved outward and formed a bit of a kink.

Another thing I want to do is to learn how to use the SCRAM track planning software to get my layout designed more precisely for myself and others to see what I have planned and what is possible?

Take care and have a Good Christmas Day!

I need to get the two MDC/Roundhouse Shays I picked up listed also but maybe not today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening and merry christmas. I'm at my sister-in-law's house for the holiday, heaing back in the morning. I scored a new tablet computer, replacement for one that suffered a rpremature death at the hands of a pot of coffee. We'llsee how long thi one lasts. I already ordered a new keyboard/dock for it, it works a lot better than my old one. The keyboard will minimize my speeling errors from my fat fingers. I hope.
Now all I have to do when
I get home is buy a new printer and a new stick of ram for the old desktop that runs my sound programmer and printer.

Good evening. It's 48° and cloudy. The low tonight will be 45° and there's a 70% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.

I still have three Christmas items coming. A pack of flawed castings (vehicles, crates, wheels, etc) from Stoney Mountain Classics, an Aurora HO Mystery Machine Scoody Doo van and an Accurail DT&I covered hopper that I nearly tripped over for $10. It's condition is rated as C6. It's missing the ladders on one end.

This evening I went to my parents place for Christmas dinner. Cornish game hens, homemade dressing that puts StoveTop to shame, green beans, collard greens, french bread and green onions. Not a fancy meal nor simple. I helped them out by collecting the dishes, put the leftovers away and cleaned up the kitchen while my mother washed the dishes. I had no sooner than pulled into their south driveway than my van had a vacuum line blow apart and went to running like crap. Luckily I carry a redneck vacuum line repair kit. JB Weld and electrical tape. I glued the line back together and taped it up good. By the time I was ready to go home the glue was dry and the van runs good again. The hose should last until I can get another one. I also came away from heavy one bag of seven oranges my father gave me. My older niece (the one in Colorado) called while I was there and I got a chance to talk with her and her three year old son. The kid is a CERTIFIED TRAIN NUT! I can't imagine how THAT happened! I've only been sending him toy trains, train pictures and a Thomas puzzle and maybe a few other train related toys since he was old enough to know what a train is. His mother says he's absolutely cuckoo about any and all trains. Seems to me I was like that at that age. Oh well, time will tell.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0565.jpg

Good morning,
I pleased to say I good use of Christmas day in several ways but the most rewarding was that I worked on the layout all afternoon and earl morning till about 3:15Am. It sure felt good to see some progress after such a long time of inactivity so to speak. What I doing is the connecting of the two sections as previously mentioned and it got a bit more involved than I figured it would things are progressing just as I anticipated so that great!

Hope everyone has a good day. More work will be done today on the layout! Hoo Rah!

Good morning. It's 50° and wet. The high will be 56° and there will be more rain. There's a 60-70% chance of rain and thunderstorms all day. The lake is now only a foot and a half below it's normal level. It had been more than four feet down.

Well, nothing but rain and more rain today IF the weather guesser is correct. I can hear the rain pounding on the roof at this time. At the moment I'm fresh out of new projects to work on. I have more things to work on coming but it's going to be three days to a week before they get here. One thing I found is an Accurail DT&I covered hopper. It looks way to clean! It should be here in two or three days. Two other items, HO Mystery Machine van and package of Stoney Mountain vehicle castings should be here at the end of the month or the first few days of January. I believe I mentioned I had talked with my niece and her son yesterday. Colorado is a good distance from here but they came through loud and clear. My mother was talking with them on the phone in the library (her favorite room) and I was on the phone in my fathers study. The kid is an out and out train nut. My niece blames my mother and I for that. I've been a train nut all my life and my mother liked to play with trains, cars and guns when she was young (none of the doll stuff for her!). She really enjoys holiday trains. My younger sister was the same way pretty much. She was forever invading my train room and running my trains while I was out. The flanged wheel fever seemed to skip her daughter (my older niece). Is it any wonder that her daughters kid has train fever? Well, there's also the fact that I've been helping inundate him with all sorts of train related stuff for the past couple of years. My mother is the prime offender. She set him up with the whole Thomas series. When he's old enough to appreciate them I'll send him a bunch of photos of what I've done and see if I can kick him into the world of layout building.

DSCN0551.jpg

Good morning All,
Yep it's another cold morning but at least the Sun is shinning a bit. Hi Flo, how are you and Francine this morning? I'll have the Trainman's breakfast with a large glass of Orange juice, Thanks.

It sure feels good to be making some headway on the layout, that's for sure. Now I have to make up a pattern to cut out the somewhat large filler piece approximately 4' lonng and about 12" deep on the Right side with the Left side tapering to near 0 on the far Left at the end of about 2' of a 4 3/4" finger.

I have the elevation sub-roadbed up temporarily and need to get them drilled and screwed into place.

Take care and enjoy this Holiday time!

The kid is an out and out train nut. My niece blames my mother and I for that. I've been a train nut all my life and my mother liked to play with trains, cars and guns when she was young (none of the doll stuff for her!). She really enjoys holiday trains. My younger sister was the same way pretty much. She was forever invading my train room and running my trains while I was out. The flanged wheel fever seemed to skip her daughter (my older niece). Is it any wonder that her daughters kid has train fever? Well, there's also the fact that I've been helping inundate him with all sorts of train related stuff for the past couple of years. My mother is the prime offender. She set him up with the whole Thomas series. When he's old enough to appreciate them I'll send him a bunch of photos of what I've done and see if I can kick him into the world of layout building.

Well Jeff, you sure have more than enough MRR Items to show him and help him learn to appreciate scale model RR'ing.

I wish I would come across a young fellow or two around my area. I almost thought the neighbors son Matt [He's 30 now with daughters] was going to get into the hobby but it's not for certain unfortunately and that's a bit of a shame but time will tell as I keep asking him.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Two days of eating Turkey with this and that have taken it's toll on me :D

Just before Christmas we had the biggest fire the UK has had all year, a huge factory that went with quite a bang, we had a 500 x 500 yard building totally ablaze in 20 mins and it collapsed in under 30 mins and spread to 4 other buildings and a caravan (trailer) storage area also an area had well over 20'000 empty alloy beer barrels that blew up shooting all over the place. So by Christmas ever i was totally worn out :(

Ya'll Have a Great New Year

and

ROLL TIDE

Thank'ya Steve and have a well earned rest.

Oh Yeah, ROLL TIDE! Only a couple weeks until the National Championship: BAMA vs. LSU. Promises to be a real head banger!:eek:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Two days of eating Turkey with this and that have taken it's toll on me :D

Just before Christmas we had the biggest fire the UK has had all year, a huge factory that went with quite a bang, we had a 500 x 500 yard building totally ablaze in 20 mins and it collapsed in under 30 mins and spread to 4 other buildings and a caravan (trailer) storage area also an area had well over 20'000 empty alloy beer barrels that blew up shooting all over the place. So by Christmas ever i was totally worn out :(

Ya'll Have a Great New Year

and

ROLL TIDE

Was any beer hurt during the fire? i know you said the barrels were empty.....but one can't be to safe!:(

Good morning folks

It was 33 F as I hit the empty byways this morning. I wish every morning commute could be like today. Our high will be 50 F with lots of rain.

I hope everyone’s Christmas was good. I did not get to the forums. I was just enjoying family and setting up my son’s new laptop. I got some clothing, books, tools, and a couple of DVD’s. The only train thing I got was a PRR calendar, but then again I did not ask for any. I have too many projects on the workbench now.

This week should be light. Nothing is on tonight’s schedule. We are talking about making a visit to see John Hopkins later in the week but that may depend on how everyone feels. Colds seem to be running through the family right now.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back