The 30th Coffee Shoppe Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks.

Congratulations Rex!

I have two hours at work before I'm off for the weekend.:D After this week at work I could use a few days off. Only problems is I'll be "working" most of tomorrow. I'm hosting one group for lunch and then another for dinner. I think I'll either be cooking or doing dishes all day! Now, when to start drinking is the only question!:D I suppose when I'm done with working.:rolleyes:

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

WOW! BREAKING NEWS!
I just received a phone call from the Grandson.....I'm going to be a GREAT-GRANDPA of a boy in May. (Whoa, that sure sounds OLD! Shut-up Karl!!!:D) We knew they were expecting, but didn't know it was a boy. Actually, I already am a step GGPa of his wife's beautiful little 4 y.o. girl.

Keep it safe and I will CUL.

Hey old Fossilpuss!:rolleyes:
Congrats!! And Merry Christmas to you too!!:D

And then I tried to print the RGA to send off my broken steam engine. the printer made a gawd-awful grinding sound, and died. The hell with a white Christmas, how about one where nothing breaks in my house...:(

Christmas came early at my sisters place since they'll be in north-west Texas for Christmas. I got a couple of Wal-Mart gift cards ($50 and $26), a bronze cane to replace my old Rosewood cane. I've only had it for close to thirty years now and it definitely looks it's age. Also got a Gillette men's face and body collection (no new body in it. Darn!). A small box of shortbread cookies, a PM-Quad massage tool and a Christmas tree shaped jar of assorted chocolate candies. I try to keep some around in case I have a sugar crash. I won't have to buy any for a while.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012694.jpg

Good morning. It's 41° and cloudy. The high will be 53° and there's a 30% chance of rain around noon increasing to 70% around 2:00 pm.

Looks like it's gonna be another wet one today. I have a new shipment of Stoney Mountain flawed resin castings coming. I also found an HO Scale Mystery Machine (Scooby Doo) and snapped it up. Last night I HAD a $50 Visa gift card. It has less than $15 on it now. That and the $26 on the other gift card will be used for getting groceries at the end of the month. That'll give me some extra money to use elsewhere. I have to see one man about a couple of F3B dummy units and another man about a boxcar. You fellas know who you are.

Nothing much planned for today. I didn't get much sleep last night, an hour or two and I have a raging headache:(. I'll be raiding the Aleve bottle shortly. The pain is about to drive me out of my mind:mad:. I'm out of meds due to my prescriptions being expired and I'm fresh out of doctors visits on my Medicaid. They'll be reset after the first of the year but until then it's not going to be pleasant. I'm already noticing problems with my blood pressure going up a bit and some discomfort concerning a prostate problem. Acid reflux, gall stone pain and diverticulitis are making themselves known again so a good nights sleep is going to be hard to come by:eek:. Can't wait to get started on more projects. They help take my mind off my medical problems for a while and keep me from going up the wall due to boredom. Being homebound consists largely of boredom if you don't have something to occupy your time.

Future junkyard office:
P1012685.jpg

Hey old Fossilpuss!:rolleyes:
Congrats!! And Merry Christmas to you too!!:D
:eek:FOSSILPUS!!!!!!!!!! LOL:D........ and may the jolly old fellow leave a pile of Chris's stuff on your doorstep:p:D (just kidding, I wouldn't want that for anyone :D)

HIYA CHRIS! Whaz Up in Flo-duh?

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve to All,
It was a cold one last night as it got down to 28*and right now it's about 40* out but Sunny too with fairly clear skys.

Hello Francine, don't you look nice with your Holiday jewelry and little wreath! I'm just going to have some hot Oatmeal with brown sugar and a glass of orange juice and Coffee of course, thanks.

Yesterday I went to the post office and picked up the two packages I had waiting for me from the items I won the bid for on ebay. I got them for a fairly reasonable price and will be selling them for a fairly reasonable price too to someone on the forum here that might be interested?

These were three MDC Model Die Casting/Roundhouse Shays! One 3 truck Shay New in Box and one 2 truck Shay New in Box. The third Shay is partially built and needs to be completed but is still new too.. I've built two others for myself in the past so I can finish up the assembly with no problem I'm sure.

Well seeing that it's Christmas Eve I guess I'm going to try and get some more done on my layout as well as try and learn SCARM to draw out my plan more exactly and get a better idea of how elevations will turn-out as well check if the grades I had planned on the second loop have enough room to fit in or what I can possibly do to make it better?

I know one thing that has been a bit troubling is the wedged shaped piece I need to make up to join the upper section of Ridge Crest [RC] with the engine house area that is the center of the upper loop but never has been solidly connected. This wedge section that will fit between the existing upper section of RC and the Engine House EH area will also be the base for the Lead track that connects the EH to the main line just to the West of the RC area. So in talking about it I can see I'm going to need to tie the two separate pieces together with a couple of tie plates that I can lay some cardboard on to create a pattern to cut my wedge section from. This will also be a big step in the wright direction as I then can get four turnouts made, one will reconnect the the passing siding at RC back into the main line, the next will be the lead track heading to the RC Engine terminal area, the next will be for a passing siding to serve both the not too distant mine as well as the logging area and freight delivery. It does me good to discuss this as I'm taking a look at what I was planning. I also think that by using SCARM it will help me to better determine what I can do/will work best for my 20" radius curves as well as how to make the scenery look the best and tie it together for the different areas!

Stay safe and have a Great Christmas Eve and Christmas!!

Ps: I actually did start this post this morning but the time sure got extended!

I just wanted to wish everyone a a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I have been popping in and out since my wife's back surgery in Novenber. She is doing better and my cooking has not poisoned anyone ....yet!

2012 has to be better!:D

:eek:FOSSILPUS!!!!!!!!!! LOL:D........ and may the jolly old fellow leave a pile of Chris's stuff on your doorstep:p:D (just kidding, I wouldn't want that for anyone :D)

HIYA CHRIS! Whaz Up in Flo-duh?

I'm a fully functional Drunk;):rolleyes: Still putting stuff back together, not there yet.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back