The 30th Coffee Shoppe Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow will be better, just have a positive attitude like it seems you do!

Take care.
The toughest part is not being positive something bad will happen.:confused:
Maybe I should start with being positive nothing bad will happen, and work my way up from there.:rolleyes:

Say Jeff,

From the looks of things that Green Hudson is going to get creamed by the first loco that comes down the track there! Some of the others are rather close too it seems?
Yeah. The scrap dealer has already been notified to come get his junk off the track before it's junk all over the track.

Good morning. Winter begins today. It's very wet here. The temp is 48°, the high will be 60° so the weather guesser says and there's a near 100% chance of rain this morning.

If my calculations are correct last night was the longest night of the year (5:16 pm to 5:30 am). I checked the rain gauge yesterday to see how much rain we got on the 20th. Three and three eighths inches. That brought the lake up a bit but nowhere near where it needs to be. It will be interesting to see how much we get today.

Well, this morning I moved the painted castings out of the project area. Problem is the space has been taken up by more unpainted castings. Unless the rain clears out I won't be able to start on them today. They first need to be lightly sprayed with gray primer. Otherwise the latex paint I use won't stick in an even coat, rather bead up, run off or both. These castings are mostly assorted crates, a few wheels and a junk scene with a couple of Model T's and a few other pre-1930's cars.

P1010041.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 46 F as I headed out onto the semi-empty roadways this morning. Our high today will be 56 F. We have rain coming for the overnight.

We had our Cub Scout Holiday Party last evening. It was awards, food, and Pollyannas. The kids had a lot of fun. It was a good way to end the year.

Tonight I am going to take the kids shopping and hopefully we can finish. I put a big dent in my shopping yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning everyone.

Tom, I think you should run a train in circles one of these days. It will do wonders for your inspiration to work on the layout. Of course, it won't create any spare time to work on it!;)

The final preparations for Christmas are happening around my house. The last of the Christmas treats are being made by my wife today. I think I've been "sampling" them as fast as she's making them!:D Her half of the cleaning will happen today and I'll do my half tomorrow night. I always think it's funny how the house is spotless for an hour or two before everyone shows up and then the place gets trashed. The floors are covered with food from the kids, the cat pukes, someone spills a drink, and there's wrapping paper everywhere. Ah, the joys of Christmas!:D I can taste the eggnog already!

I managed to just about finish the train projects I was working on so the layout work area will be clean after all. It gives me an excuse to tidy up areas that were 'good enough' prior to having company. I'll have to make sure I don't clean up too well though, otherwise I won't be able to find anything!

Back to work for me,

Have a good day folks.

The toughest part is not being positive something bad will happen.:confused:
Maybe I should start with being positive nothing bad will happen, and work my way up from there.:rolleyes:

Terry,
I've often found when in similar situations that it's the fear that causes more problems than the situation itself short of being involved in an actual collision or other life threatening situation and then especially is presence of mind most important. Fear only tends to cloud our thinking and there are so many negative outside negative forces.

Presence of mind and being in control of your thoughts have been the biggest key for me. In Eastern philosophy there is also another saying: Be like a Pond Lilly, surrounded by muddy water yet unaffected by it!

In psychology, there is a saying that has stuck with me, it may at first seem contradictory to what I was just saying, about presence of mind, yet it is not, it is one and the same.

The saying says: Loose your mind and come to your senses!
In other word know the negative is there but stay in control by focusing on the positive as best possible.

HTH,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Everyone,
High Flow and Francine, boy is cold this morning with temps in the 30's and lots of moisture. How about some hot Coffee and a bowl of some good hot Oatmeal with walnuts and a couple of heaping tablespoons of Brown Sugar! That sure sounds good to me, thanks.

Not a lot happening on my end, not as I intended but it seems it the way things seem to workout for some reason. Guess I should take some of my own advise I left for Terry, you suppopse?

Well I need to do make contact with a couple of sources so I will talk with you all later.

I put a couple of pieces of corn on the cob in the microwave to heat it up. After a short period of time I start hearing a popping noise. I go and look and the corn kernels are popping RIGHT ON THE COB! I've heard of that happening but can't remember ever seeing it happen, until today. So I had corn on the cob AND popcorn. Guess next time I microwave corn on the cob I should put in a bowl of water first.

Well, so much for the experiment in thinking positive...:(
I had a very slow day at work, nothing much happened except the boss came in to work sicker than a dog. Whatever he has will undoubtedly make the rounds now, he was coughing and sneezing all over us.
I have a BLI 2-8-8-2 that, until this morning, ran perfectly. Until this morning.:eek:
I went to the train room before I left for work, and turned on the DCC system. Everything started out deceptively normally, until the 2-8-8-2 suddenly made a horrible screeching sound from the tender, and took off like a bat out of hell, and plowed into another train. It won't respond to the throttle at all. I called BLI, and they gave me a RGA for it. It should be back here in 2 months or so.

Terry: It sounds like your decoder either had a coronary or it's set for DCC and analog operation and something triggered the analog mode. Best way to handle that is to set it for DCC only. On the other hand, if it had a coronary then getting the decoder replaced is your only recourse.

Terry: It sounds like your decoder either had a coronary or it's set for DCC and analog operation and something triggered the analog mode. Best way to handle that is to set it for DCC only. On the other hand, if it had a coronary then getting the decoder replaced is your only recourse.
yup, the decoder is dead, long live the decoder. And to add insult to injury, I cranked up the old desktop computer in the train room an hour ago, and it promptly bit the dust. Seems electronics and me are not getting along today. I'm going to sign off and go cower in bed until tomorrow, before something really bad happens. Good night.

I hear ya buddy. I've had days when everything I touched just went plain wrong. One day in particular, the power supply in my computer blew out, the thermostat in the fridge went crazy and everything was frozen solid, the motor that turns the turntable in the microwave went on the blink then went back to working after two hours, supply line to the toilet blew apart, the motor in one of my favorite locos just mysteriously fried (more like tried to make a smoke screen) for seemingly no reason and the fuel pump (brand new and in the tank of course) on my car locked up. That was a bad day.

Good morning folks

It was 46 F when I hit the highways this morning. Our high today will be 51 F.

Almost finished the shopping last night. I still have one elusive gift to get. If I can’t find it today, hopefully I can find it before my wife’s birthday in two weeks. Of course we ran out of paper while I was in the process of wrapping my wife’s gifts so now I need to finish wrapping them tonight.

Nothing planned this evening. Just getting ready for the weekend. We do have some grocery shopping to do but I am in fear of hitting the grocery store due the Christmas dinner panic.

I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas if I don’t make it back to forums between now and then.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 51° and cloudy. The high will be 59° and it will be mostly cloudy.

Nothing on the schedule today except to add a few weeds to the junkyard scene. Other than that I'll be getting some rest today and watching some movies.

P1010047.jpg

Hi everyone!..........JINGLE, JINGLE! Yup, Saint Nick is locked-and-loaded with world-wide air space clearance. Those of you on the other side of the dateline will soon be hearing the Ho! Ho! Ho's! (I think it is tomorrow, today:rolleyes::confused:)

We are starting our Christmas weekend with a visit from our Grandson and his family. Because of their visiting schedule with other family, they are coming over this evening for a present exchange and some holiday cheer. Not a whole lot else going on until Sunday afternoon. The wife has to work each day until 3pm, so that kind-of hinders a lot of activities.

WOW! BREAKING NEWS!
I just received a phone call from the Grandson.....I'm going to be a GREAT-GRANDPA of a boy in May. (Whoa, that sure sounds OLD! Shut-up Karl!!!:D) We knew they were expecting, but didn't know it was a boy. Actually, I already am a step GGPa of his wife's beautiful little 4 y.o. girl.

Keep it safe and I will CUL.

Good Morning Guys,

Hello ladies, how is everything here at Flo's Dinner, I'll have the trainman's Breakfast and plenty of Coffee too!

Well, not to much new to add from my end at present, things are rather quiet and cold. I do need to get down to the well pressure tank and get some pipes wraped so they don't freeze, I had to replace the tank and short coupling line during this past summer, and go to the PO to pick up three packages, two of which should be the three MDC Shays I picked up on ebay. Problem is the PO in this area might be closed today due to funding?

I've also got to start getting some items loaded into my website along with pricding so you guys get a better idea of my pricing.

Talk with you all later!

Merry Christmas from Spring Hill, Florida!

:eek: Hope you all have been good!:rolleyes: You still got time to behave long enough to get something from Santa.:D:):p

Karl, I got this one man!

Rex, You said nothing about me saying anything!:eek:

Rex, dirt ain't got nuttin on ya!:D;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back