Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

BN didn't have cabless B23-7's. They had B30-7AB's which had a 12 Cylinder FDL inside it. I'm sure that they'd work on later U boats because there were very few differences between them and the Dash 7's.

Me neither riverotter but I try at times to do some work...I still have my EMD Demonstrators in peices still and working veeeerry slooooow on it. LOL I will finish someday. Most of the slugs and b units I have are built by others and I really appreciate them for their meticulous work. Hopefully the market will start doing b units and slugs and start doing "calves" again like the o'l BB Athearns.

im retarded. I didn't even realize that the smokey valley cabless kit was for a highnose. I dont know how i didn't remember that it wouldn't work on a low nose unless I make a custom nose for it.

Old School slug

Here's one of my slugs, old school style!:cool:
View attachment 11077
View attachment 11078

It is an Athearn SW-Sumpthin frame, MDC RS3 Roundhouse walkways ,steps and hood ends. The center of the hood is sheet brass embossed with boltheads (as per the prototype) and screened openings for traction motor blowers. The headlight is from my scrap box

Last edited by a moderator:
CR GP9B 3812

005.png

CR F7B 3872

004-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking Conrail B unit there, 6373. The only thing that looks out of place is those horns. Did Conrail B units (assuming they had such things) really have horns? All of the Geep B units I've seen didn't have horns since they would never be run at the head of a train.

Thanks! Yes, the CR Geep 9B's had horns. There is reason for the circle windows where the cab would be. If the B unit, had to be moved in and around the yard. The engineer would just open up the door and the unit controls was there. The engineer just had to poke his head out. Hence the reason why there was headlights. The Geep 9B's never lead a train.

When I did modeled the unit. I didn't know where exactly where the horn was place. But it gives a rough figure where it would have been.

Horns on CR Geep 9B's where not always on the top. Some of them had a 1 chime horn on either side of the car body near the cab and some didn't have any horns, IIRC.

Yes, I did. But I don't know if you knew that some Geep 9B's just didn't have Leslie 3 chimes. The Geep 9B I did had a 3 chime where as the first photo in the GP9B section on www.crcyc.railfan.net only has a single chime horn. Sorry if I went alittle off topic.

Back