Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

beiland

I love that DL109 loco that Proto1000 did,...the only DL109 in plastic, ...particularly the Santa Fe one. SF was one of the few lines that had a B-unit for that engine, so I gathered up a few extra to kitbash into a powered B-unit
https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...20-and-a-b-unit-for-dl-109.21934/#post-279599

But I have yet to finish that project. In the meantime I bought a BLI B-unit that looks almost like it belongs behind that A-unit,...and it has sound & DCC already in it.
1604583934266.png

Alcomotive

Grandson of ALCO Bldr
I love that DL109 loco that Proto1000 did,...the only DL109 in plastic, ...particularly the Santa Fe one. SF was one of the few lines that had a B-unit for that engine, so I gathered up a few extra to kitbash into a powered B-unit
https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...20-and-a-b-unit-for-dl-109.21934/#post-279599

But I have yet to finish that project. In the meantime I bought a BLI B-unit that looks almost like it belongs behind that A-unit,...and it has sound & DCC already in it.
View attachment 120421

I always liked the DL-107s thru 110s even though UP never had them I thought the nose on them were awesome!

A units (cabs)[edit]
B units (cabless boosters)[edit]
RailroadQuantityRoad numbersModel
Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway150ADL-108
Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific (Southern Railway)26425, 6426DL-108
Southern Railway12954DL-110

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Since ALCO is so skeered of crickets, I'd thought I would case a bit of noise . CSX RMDT 2225 has been around for quite some time, but never appeared on this thread. It's a Proto GP30 that has had its fans removed and doors plated over as per the prototype. The remaining doors at the aft end have had louvers installed , and she kept her dynamic fan, all per CSX practices. I did 3 of these at one time (all appearing in an RMC article) 1 I decorated in the clob scheme, I was painted in a Chessie fantasy scheme by its eventual owner and the 3rd unit I did the CSX paint. Sharp eyed folks also spot the artistic license I took with the "mother" unit.
2225.JPG

40resized.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.