Show Your Face

Can see me on Yahoo cause I never learned to post pics on here yet :(

If you have a picture on yahoo, right click on the picture, select properties and copy the URL of the picture. Then click on the image icon above and paste the URL into the dialog box.

Your picture will post.

Here's a picture of my son highballing across academy bridge. Sometimes on the excursions he stops the train on the bridge and gives a guided tour of Train City below,

traincity18.gif

If you have a picture on yahoo, right click on the picture, select properties and copy the URL of the picture. Then click on the image icon above and paste the URL into the dialog box.

Your picture will post.

Thanks I added it to my profile. I might add my fav. rail line to my posts:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sayin' Hello

Hello to All
I'm rather new here (and on other boards) and thought I'd say hello.

I've been out of the Hobby for the best part of 20+ years while I pursued my given craft as a Printer. I've owned and operated my own shop(s) since 1980. I was recently diagnosed with severe Emphysema and just 10 days after that delightful news, suffered a Heart Attack. And now that I'm forced to take life easy (spelled: bored to tears) I'm looking at all of those paper cases in storage, packed with my trains and thinking that I need something to do with my time. I still need to get used to this stOOpid oxygen bottle but that will come with time.

As for a photo? This is my most recent.
441978402_917581a47e.jpg

So, That's me... Printer chafing at the bit to get back to some level of active and needing something to do. I won't be very active but will be around reading and enjoying what you folks are doing, while I figure out just where I'm going from here.

Hi Printer and a big welcome to ya! Hope the hospital bed is not a permanent fixture and that you will be able to return to the hobby full swing. In the meantime, enjoy the many great posts we have and join in on the fun.;) :)

Thank You for the warm welcome.
The hospital bed is a thing of the recent past but none the less, the past. My Doc tells me that I am doing extremely well but I need a few more pounds on me. Other than that, I am spending more hours on the internet than I ever have before and I'm not quite sure if that's a good thing or not.
Thanx again and I'll be lurking in the shadows, back in the corner over near the dispatchers table, just taking it easy for now.

Hi Printer. I hope that you get to feeling better. I think that you have the right idea to get the trains out. Where are you located? Might be that some of the guys are near and could give you a hand. I'm in North Texas west of Ft. Worth. I model a free lance iron ore hauler in upper Michagan in HO.
I also have 7 1/2 in gauge live steam. That and a small ranching operation keep me busy in retirement.
Take care everyone.

Thanx Paul for the kind words. I live in the "woods" in NE Florida. Halfway between Jacksonville (Jax) and Daytona (Playtona). Due west of Marineland. Nearest town is about 10 miles up the "Hard Road" and it's population is about 550. Little place name of Hastings. One bank, one gas station, no major grocery store, not even a bar. That's small.
I have Doctor visits in St. Augustine about 30 or so miles from here. I sure would like to have some local folk to share some time with. I get into Palatka, Bunnell and St. Augustine fairly easily. There's a preservation society in Palatka but I haven't gotten over there to stop in as of yet. There is a listing of a club in Bunnell but I haven't been able to locate it yet. Then again, I'm still getting aclimated to all the meds and the oxygen and the doctor visits (and their bills) and ...

Live Steam facinates the crap out of me. I became a "RailFan" at a ripe young age way back in the mid/late 50's. We lived in Detroit and the tracks for Detroit Diesel Allison were just down the street. We kids used to go and watch and snatch coal off the crossings and tracks. We used to fly our kites in the front field at Detroit Diesel on the Outer Drive side. It was all grass back then and we would make a day of baseball, kites and trainwatching. No one ever came out and told us to "move along". Times were different then.

I only have a group shot, and it's not too recent:

1986_Navy_Rifle_Team.jpg

I'm the young, handsome one with a moustache and wearing riverine greens in the front row ;) . This was taken at the Interservice Rifle Championships at Quantico in 1986. Today I have a full beard, all grey, and a few more pounds. And I avoid cameras. :)

Resp'y,
Bob S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelle & I

As the title says "Show your face" here is a recent picture of me & my lady Michelle. We live in Joliet, IL.

Geeee, its been a long trip through the "family" album :) so I now decided to post my face, I hope I won't send someone into cardiac :p

Here I am at a recent retirement (from the NS Signal Dept.) supper at my foreman's house. I'm doing what I like; talking and eating !:D

WETJR111907a.png

Back