Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an HOA where I am, supposedly the first one in town. I got chosen and the president. We're still trying to figure out which way is up. No BS rules, and the HOA pays for water, sewer, trash pickup, and mowing in the summer and snow removal in the winter. Nothing gets past me.

Willie - good photos as usual. like to see the work you're doing.

Chad - Good to see the progress on the house, but did expect it to be further along.

Todd - Glad that I don't have to go to train shows. I might be tempted to get something. Good photos. The kids looked like thet were enjoying themselves.

Going to get out of here being that the weather is nice and take my dogs for a ride and let them explore new areas. Winter is coming.

LATER

Luckily, I've never been in an HOA. I suppose there is some good, but you always hear the negative,

You're a brave soul for being on the board of one! Seems someone is going to be upset with you no matter how hard you try.
YUP - There is good -- Example: No autos on blocks, nor couches in the front yard, nor fridge's on the front porch! Mostly bad when you have a Gestapo management company, or someone who just wants to cause problems.
When I had the RV I received a citation from our previous management. The rule was that NO RV parking on the street, or driveway.
I was parked in front of my house while we loaded for a trip -2 days - management took a photo.
We left for a month long trip.
We returned and the RV was parked in front while we unloaded - 2 days - management took another photo and I was asked to appear at the next board meeting.
I thought it was hilarious and the board did too after I explained (remember only 120 houses and they already knew the details; I think they just wanted to meet me?) I also learned that the unwritten law gave everyone a 72 hour grace period for doing the same before a complaint was issued.
That management company was replaced shortly thereafter - not because of me, but several other things such as that - remember, Gestapo!
I am a firm believer in "Live and Let Live" ... but don't junk up the neighborhood!

I see there was another train derailment and bridge collapse in Colorado.
Swal

Train_derailment_01.JPG
Train_derailment_02.JPG
Train_derailment_03.JPG

Chad - Good to see the progress on the house, but did expect it to be further along.

You and me both.

There has actually been a lot done but inside -- stuff you don't see from the outside. But the electricians and plumbers have been taking their time. Something that should have been about 4 weeks was 2 1/2 months on the electricians side and they've not come back yet to do the last 1/2 day of stripping and stuffing... Been tearing my hair out trying to get stuff done.

Good afternoon HOA goers and stay away fromers!

No way if I own the property am I letting someone else makes rules what I can and cannot do on it. I lived in neighborhoods without HOA’s my whole life until 2015 when Terry purchased 1250 MOL acres from the bankruptcy court.

We started 1 300 acre subdivision in 2017 and the 1st 3 buyers asked about HOA’s. Told them there are 3 covenants that are all the same on each contract and they will be enforced if need be but no HOA. Basically they were additional setbacks greater then the town building codes, no additional divisions of the the properties and only one unattached building per lot no less then 2500sq feet or greater then 5000sq feet that must be within 250’ of the house. These covenants are overseen by the building inspector of the township. Nobody should nor have there been any complaints about these as they were plainly spelled out in the purchasing contracts and they are registered with the Township and the County. Because they are registered the Title Companies are also aware.

Because Terry and I do not live in the subdivision we have no restrictive covenants. We do have agreements till 2031 that we entered into with the developers of the 3 apartment complexes we sold property to. Basically that we won’t sell to anymore multi residential developers.

This is ridiculous, unless of course it's now considered to be "rare", note the price tag.

View attachment 175474
View attachment 175475

Currently for sale on everyone's favourite auction site for a measly £130
So that’s 159 USD. Found these
IMG_1666.png
IMG_1667.png
IMG_1668.png

Chris

You can pre-order a new but not anniversary WSOR at MidwestModelRR.com or 2 pre-owned Anniversary units. So by time u figure in shipping that might not be a bad price you are showing

Afternoon All,

The day started out at 62F and has been cool all day. When I do my walk tomorrow it's supposed to be 55F. Definitely sweatpants and jacket weather. I did chores today and got pool chlorine. It was $40 for 10 gallons including tax. I noticed gas was $3.18 in town. Going out tonight to son's restaurant for supper (Italian).

Chet- Nice layout photos.

Jim- That is definitely different.

Chad- A lot of work has been done on the house. Best wishes for a successful completion.

Willie- Your story reminds me of a trip to VA when I was driving Mom and Dad. His phone was constantly ringing with the alerts and was driving Mom and me crazy. Dad couldn't hear it.:(

Troy- Our HOA pretty much leaves us alone.

Todd- Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose at train shows.

Sherrel- There is always someone like that around. It seems that the fence owner needs to move his fence onto their property.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back