Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon! I used to post in Running Bear's Coffee Shop on the Model Railroader page sometime back. I've been out of touch for awhile and I just found this today. I'm in central Indiana (Tipton) along the old LE&W/NKP route (now NS). Been getting back into HO modeling after a few years off.

Welcome back Bill. Yes, I remember you here as well. You were one of the earliest contributors to the Coffee Shop before it was renamed in honor of Jeffrey (Running Bear) Wimberly. It was back in the days when I only lurked before actually joining. As I recall, it was known back then as simply Coffee Shop (XX) and sometimes ran to over 1000 posts. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

I was surprised Turbo Tax did not calculate that for me. Now I have something else to worry about!

Did I mention I don't like paying taxes?
Louis, I won't use Turbo Tax any more. Been using it the last 6-7 years, then I get a bill from the IRS this spring about an error of my 2021 taxes, with a $3,300 bill. Took a bit of long phone calls to the IRS to understand where they miscalculated. I guess I'll use H&R Blockhead next year.

386550149_1107685440216697_4426399849476582330_n.jpg

Louis, I won't use Turbo Tax any more. Been using it the last 6-7 years, then I get a bill from the IRS this spring about an error of my 2021 taxes, with a $3,300 bill. Took a bit of long phone calls to the IRS to understand where they miscalculated. I guess I'll use H&R Blockhead next year.
Turbo Tax does have a guarantee. They won't pay the missing taxes owed, but if their software made a mistake in the calculations, they will pay any penalties, supposedly.

Good evening gang!

Life has been hectic here of late, so I took this week off from W*rk.
Saturday night we met son #2 and his wife for gun bingo at the V.F.D. More on that later. Sunday was our wedding anniversary, yes its been 4 years already! Had I met her earlier in life, I would not have 2 eXes . Really funny, we lived 2 blocks from one another and swam at the same pool but never met until 7 years ago.
This week started off by dropping SWMBO's car off at the bodyshop to have some damage from the recent bad storm fixed when a tree branch landed on it. Spent all day yesterday doing yard work, trimming trees, cutting grass, moving a large compost pile and raking pine thatch for disposal. Last night several hours spent watching online train auctions, locally based. Saw a lot of my stuff get sold, and a lot of stuff I needed or wanted I had the winning bids for. The best parts is, I sold as much as I spent, so it was a wash!
Redid our backyard picnic table today, then took SWMBO shopping for some household essentials and for an e-collar for the pup. Another online auction tonight.
She is to get spayed tomorrow in Laurel, about an hour from here, but it was paid for in the purchase price from the rescue so no big deal. They say it's a 3-4 hour wait time, and it's not to far from Howard Zane's house, so I may ring him up in the morning and go visiting while we are waiting for the pup. Afterward I will be in the basement.
Thursday is a 7:30 a.m. endocrinologist appointment, then auction goodies pickup, the and HD run for 1 sheet of plywood and 1 sheet of homosote. Then a run to Emmitsburg to pick up what I won at Bingo Saturday night. A Ruger 22/10 Takedown.

Nice little varmint gun!

Friday SWMBO and I are going to try to ride the steam train out of New Freedom PA , then Saturday she will accompany me to the gun range with the new toy to get is sighted in. Somewhere in the week I want to pressure wash the house and the back deck..........somewhere....maybe??

Louis, go online and look up Wachter Auctions in Winfield . Lots of Oriole memorabilia in this weeks coming auction

Chet, love the pics!

Bill T Welcome back!!!

I'm 10-10 on the side

That is the primary question. I am pretty sure they have to disclose all of that before hand. Otherwise I would just add to the contract that none of that is in force unless disclosed prior to the signing of the contract.
Could have done that, but I wasn't crazy about all the "other" housing going up nearby, and I wasn't pleased by their attitude from the get go. She wasn't pleased either when I casually mentioned that I would have an attorney review, before I committed. As things turned out, it was to my advantage to walk.

Good evening at 11:59pm Central time. We left the house at 7 this morning off to Racine, Wi, Kenosha, Wi., Lake Geneva, Wi, back to Racine and then back home. Terry’s best friend since 6th grade needed some help and advice. She’s been thinking of selling her deceased hubby’s boat for the last 4-5 years. Got an obscene offer and took it last week. The guy has been after the boat for about 7 years. She refinished it a couple years ago. About 5 years ago put in 2 new engines, transmissions and new naviagation Systems. A mostly wooden 37’ Chris Craft built new for her hubby as a present to himself when he graduated high school in 1967. She found the receipt in the files a few years ago, $15,000! He had just paid it off before they married in 1975.

So, we helped her with the final clean out, inspection and then took off for Lake Geneva. She last week accepted an offer on her house that is waiting mortgage approval for the buyers. They were pre-approved but now the bank is doing its due diligence. So we went for a roughly 2.5 hour lunch cruise around the lake. Met up with her real estate agent to look at 2 houses and a condo. The 2 houses are on the water, the condo has its own marina! Then after those stops we hit up one of my favorites in Lake Geneva. I know it’s a National chain but Kilwin Chocolates has some great chocolates, fudge and a Terry favorite, cheese popcorn. We have a few chocolatiers in Madison that are better at some products but are way more expensive and not worth the difference. Before leaving we stopped at a boatyard and she looked at a couple boats already pulled from the water. Terry and her looked one over and over! These are the 2 finalists from what she and Terry tested a few times this past Summer and now is making a choice. I loved the 2 houses but my vote would be for the condo. She spends most of her Summer on the water and while Lake Geneva isn’t on the Great Lakes the past 2 years she basically stayed in the southern tip of Lake Michigan. Lake Geneva will be great for her.

So no trains today. The trip today was a surprise to me as Terry isn’t 100% yet but around 10pm Monday I agreed to it. I will make up my lost time on Wednesday.

Could have done that, but I wasn't crazy about all the "other" housing going up nearby, and I wasn't pleased by their attitude from the get go. She wasn't pleased either when I casually mentioned that I would have an attorney review, before I committed. As things turned out, it was to my advantage to walk.

understood. I was thinking more in general, not necessarily in your specific case but any time that sort of thing would happen. Glad you were able to be smart about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back