Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, howdy there internet people and those trying for the Speaker job, It's Troy again!

Not much to report, so I'll just post this timely notice:

393217788_6950366178318417_4372546444102602246_n.jpg

Sherrel - There are some things that HOA's are good for, others are a real PIA. A buddy of mine got written up for having a classic Mustang on blocks inside his rear entry garage. It was only because he had left the door open and was only visible from the alley. One of my brothers who lived in the same neighborhood got written up because he parked his pick up truck in the same spot two nights in a row. He had to move it around after that.
WILLIE - In one where I lived, I counted that month lost when I did not get a letter over leaving my garage door open while woodworking.
Your examples above are not that the HOA is bad, rather that the board needs to "ride herd" on the management company.
Still, rather have one living in close quarters as so many humans are basically slobs and care about nothing, or no one, except themselves! I had rather NOT want the purple house with lime green shutters 30 feet away next door!

Good Morning All. Clear and 50°, heading up to 83° later on. 75° yesterday was rather pleasant. Mid to upper 80's for another week before possible rain next Tuesday. I will miss our weather as we're going to Gulf Shores AL beginning Saturday. Sadly, their weather is not forecast to be as warm as ours home here. We don't normally go this late in the season, but all of the housemates couldn't get it together for any other time.

Spent time yesterday mowing, again. And I started preparing for the trip. I still think that it will be shorts and tee shirt weather there despite it not being as warm as I would like it to be. Still going to pack a single pair of jeans. The first leg of the trip will be the longest. We'll stop in Lafayette LA for lunch before proceeding east on IH10/IH12 to Gulfport MS. Sunday we'll be going to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Model Railroad Museum there in Gulfport. They opened a new place this past June and they are now called Traintastic. We stop there every time we make the trip on the southern route. The northern route using IH20, takes us to model railroad museums in both Vicksburg MS and Jackson MS. On the return trip, we''ll be headed to Texas City, near Houston, to visit their model railroad at the Texas City Museum.

More trip prep today, mainly packing every thing except food and medications, tomorrow is the last grocery run for any last minute items, and it may not happen at all.

Not much to report from out in the train shed yesterday. I did get the back of the burned townhouse finished and the Dahlias planted next door.
IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

Winding down activity out there for now. The next three days will offer very little time which I will mostly run trains since I'll be gone for 8 days.

Joe - Rather shady business with the property salesperson there. You made the right decision to walk away.
Karl - Nice looking Bingo prize.

Renown but sometimes controversial rocker Chuck Berry would have been 96 today, famous footballer Mike Ditka is 84.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Morning troops ... Looks as if Arizona may go home empty if this keep up?

We are 56 degrees and dark. Looking for 93 and sunny breezy later. Supposed to be 96 tomorrow! Yieks!

Congrats on the elevator, DAVID -- bet the kids love it?

I really have nada this morning -- nursing the start of a head cold it seems.
KARL - You move it, boy! I wish I still had some of your "git up and go"!

BILL T - welcome back - YES I do remember!

Still, rather have one living in close quarters as so many humans are basically slobs and care about nothing, or no one, except themselves! I had rather NOT want the purple house with lime green shutters 30 feet away next door!
Sherrel: Yeah! Absolutely. But.....And property management companies think Condo, not 120 single tract homes built on ¼ acre + lots, and streets owned and maintained by the municipality, individually contracted trash collection, and the HOA's only responsibility being common ground maintenance. It's not one size fits all.

Good morning, all,

Rain later today, so need to get a few outside chores done.

Received the new jigsaw yesterday, so I will give it a try later and continue on laying mainline sub-roadbed.

UPS says the cork, and another box of track will be here today. Supposed to be yesterday but got delayed due to some equipment issue. A breakdown I assume, because it showed yesterday morning as loaded on a truck and out for delivery.

Have a safe and productive day everyone!

I did it again.....I couldn't resist.....I had to do it........I bought another locomotive that I didn't know I needed? or wanted? 🤣

Yup I bought it on FB market place now I just have to wait for to come via USPS. I paid $125 for plus $18 on shipping. DCC and Sound. Tsunami 1st release.

Got a SD 40 Union Pacific, UP #30003 with dual beacons on the cab that do work as well as everything else. It is pre ditch light era though. I may add them then again may not. It will go with my other unit SD 40 UP #3030. I will post in the RPO thread when it comes in.

Here's a preview picture of it.....

1697653053015.png

Last edited:
I did it again.....I couldn't resist.....I had to do it........I bought another locomotive that I didn't know I needed? or wanted? 🤣

Yup I bought it on FB market place now I just have to wait for to come via USPS. I paid $125 for plus $18 on shipping. DCC and Sound. Tsunami 1st release.

Got a SD 40 Union Pacific, UP #30003 with dual beacons on the cab that do work as well as everything else. It is pre ditch light era though. I may add them then again may not. It will go with my other unit SD 40 UP #3030. I post in the RPO thread when it comes in.

Here's a preview picture of it.....

View attachment 175546
Great minds think alike, I (don't) need(ed) this either. 🤣 🤣

https://railsofsheffield.com/produc...oad-inrd-g2-sd90mac-locomotive-9025-dcc-ready

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back