Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My great lakes lighthouse collection. .... Many are of the same 2 lighthouses from where I spent my first years (Grand Haven and Holland Michigan). There are some other ones as well. All of them I have seen in person at one time.
They certainly caught my eye in the photos before you mentioned them. I have a couple that used to decorate the "ship / sea harbor" decorated bathroom. Now in boxes.

Sad when a nice collections sits in boxes.... I only have one display case and it is such a pain to switch it from one display to the next.

Now you know a big reason why I no longer watch "professional" sports. Not that my mom is caught in the middle, but ALL of us are caught in the middle. Way too much money in sports for something I can't afford to invest my self in.
Interesting way to look at it. I've never been interested just because I've never been interested. The only reason I started watching NASCAR was because of an article in the junior scholastic science magazine (1971) about aerodynamics and the other science involved. Before that I aways just thought, "anyone can always build a faster car". Science involved since then has gone up exponentially. Changed from being moonshiners showing off to high tech high dollar stuff. Of course I was not thinking anything of how hard they are to drive, and the athleticism required.

I would say the professional sports is now about how to suck as much money from the general population into our (billionaires and millionaires) pockets. Why don't they ever call traveling on those pro-basket ball players?

Is that CDN dollar?

Our gasoline jumped a month or so ago from 3.09 to 3.29 to 3.19 to 3.39 a couple weeks ago and this past week or week and a half it went to 3.59, 3.69, and 3.79 in just a couple of days. Really sucks.

Luckily electricity hasn't changed so my driving around town on electric power (at least for part of the trip until the small battery depletes) hasn't gotten much more expensive. But the wife's car and the boys car (I subsidize his gasoline partly as he runs errands for us, takes his sister to school on averge once a week, etc) have gotten more expensive to drive.
No our price is equivalent to 4.02 US /US gallon> Yest was at 1.56 (CA) / liter

Helping young players develop and become confident is an honor. I put more time and effort into the least skilled of my players. My goal was that everyone should be having fun.

Sports should not only build confidence it should also build character.
Unfortunately, I have found the opposite to be true. In my Jr. High and High School experience and to a lesser extent college, the "athletes" were way over confident and the obnoxious bullies with no class who didn't think twice about trampling people to get what they wanted, or worse just for fun.

Jr. High I understood it more as that is just the mentality of a preadolescent. In high school I didn't understand it at all as I went to a pretty (... no very) conservative Mennonite school.

Good afternoon, all! We are awaiting the temps to start dropping this evening. We did make it to Wally World for a few items.

Thank you for the likes on my layout photos.

Terry - You and your wife added to the prayer list.

I can appreciate the athleticism to the players in pro sports. I think the salaries have gone too far. Those $15 an hour folks Geoge is talking about certainly are not going to go to an NFL game, and maybe if they scrimp, they can get tickets in the nose bleed seats at a MLB game.

Sports, Baseball is in a lock out. The owners want more control and a bigger cut of the sales take. Don’t blame the players on this one. This is not a strike. Yes, 1500 players is a small amount of the general population. They compete for that money.

If the owners couldn’t afford it, they wouldn’t hand out those contracts in any sport.

Trucker convoy. Our local Media says the protest convoy is in protest of the Covid mandates that pretty much are gone or almost gone in the USA. The Wisconsin convoy will meet up in DC tomorrow. Too late to the party on this protest!

Terry’s Marie. Wishing for nothing but the best for you two.

Trains, I have spent a few minutes in the train room since the HVAC guy and 2 gals and the electricians, all male crew have gone. I will be in there tonight.

5.28” of white stuff fell in our portion of Wisconsin officially. I believe our driveway got more.

TomO

Only 5 of the 12 buildings left to get lighted in Georgetown. Most of them have no interior. That will have to wait until next year. I have to start getting some exercise. Hopefully the single digit weather is over, and I can start playing golf.
George

George_Town_North_25.jpg

Boris: Your spring bulbs are being eaten by the deer. Try some Liquid Fence which works great for us at the cabin and protects our hosta's. Our spring birds that arrive early are the Red Wing Black Birds that always come on between March 15th and March 19th without fail. Our Daffadils are ups about 12 inches next to the house.
Greg: I use it, but spring sort of just arrived...The migrating birds have been passing through, using our feeders as a rest stop. Red wings last week, cow birds this week...Robins have been around for about two weeks.

Was 77° this afternoon, 72° right now, going down to 37° by morning. Thunderstorms any time now...Spring weather is strange.

Too late to the party on this protest!
I think they are really mad at Brandon, but who knows? Wonder why they are not hauling freight. How do they afford the fuel they're burning? WTF?
. I did not realize real world car wheels were geared. I thought they were freewheeling.
They are, the axles ride on bearings, when the bearings seized the wheel stopped turning, causing the wheel to excessively wear until it failed.
Teachers are more valuable too.
I think part of the real reason the truckers are protesting is they are under appreciated. Their pay is relatively low, they're nomads who spend a lot of time on the road, yet with out them, our supply chain would have completely dried up. Quite honestly, too many of us do not appreciate our own contribution and value to society, while we glorify and reward athletes and performers. Perhaps that's by design, and probably it will never change, but I remember Danny Murtaugh and Mickey Vernon working off season jobs like everyone else. Jack Klotz, (NY Jets), taught High School in the off season. These were ordinary people lucky enough to be able to play in the "big leagues". Now...they are not ordinary, they are celebrity and paid accordingly.

Lady Liberty and Ellis Island spires from CNJ Terminal.jpg

Taken from the CRRNJ Station in Jersey City, a side view of Lady Liberty, between the spires of the main building at Ellis Island.

Good afternoon,

I started out today installing the PSX-1 (circuit breaker) and no PSX-AR hooked up. I was able to run the loco on the main for 5 laps with no surging, stalling, or shorting...Great start. I installed the first PSX-AR that was in line with the main buss. Loco runs great on main then to the RL for testing. If I enter the RL in one direction with no issues but shorts leaving the reverse loop. OK, I reverse the output wires and now it shorts on the opposite side of the RL and drives through the previous problem without difficulty, Grrr. I tried swapping the input wires with the same type results. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Terry- I am very sorry to hear about Marie. Prayers for her and you. Hopefully she will be able to recover fully.

Hughie- Nice layout scenes.

Ken- At least you're making positive progress. I'm just spinning my wheels.

Joe- Interesting photos. I did not realize real world car wheels were geared. I thought they were freewheeling.

Louis- I think it really started with BLM and blocking roads inconveniencing drivers. When the police just look on, it just encourages this behavior.

Ken (IL)- Unfortunately this seems to be the current business model.

Tom- I'm glad other people have something working right on the layout.

Patrick- Nice collection.

Steve- Funny, MOH does the same thing with "suggestions".

Dave- Nice job on the casting.

Willie- Nice looking feed store and of course the young lady.

Jaz- I hope your husband is OK.

View attachment 142244

View attachment 142245

I hope everyone has a good night.
Only 5 of the 12 buildings left to get lighted in Georgetown. Most of them have no interior. That will have to wait until next year. I have to start getting some exercise. Hopefully the single digit weather is over, and I can start playing golf.
George

View attachment 142256
Looks good George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back