Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, all! A simply beautiful day here. Current temp 75, but more importantly, humidity 45%.
I had no issue this morning getting into the forum, coarse I wasn't trying either.
Did a little work on AC Brown. Some of the pieces are just sitting there needing glue. I think this is going to be a nice addition.
1646259659260.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Boris, I switched over to T-Mobile's 5G home internet for $50/month. No taxes, no fees, actual $50/month. The speed rivals the Gig speed internet I had with Comcast.
The test for me was my grandson playing games online. I told him about the switch a week after I did it, he never noticed.
My nephew with a masters in computer science, advised me to make the switch if I have good 5G service on my phone and I do.
I have not priced it out yet, I suspect we will be one of the last to get 5G service, because of our location. However, the improvement in service is welcomed, although I believe $94/month is excessive, no matter how fast. Our phones are 4GLTE, and are reaching the end of their service life. I have to see what's out there in the market. We prefer outright ownership, rather than the two year schemes. Problem is the wife likes her I Phones, while I avoid apple products like the plague. Might have to compromise. ;)

Probably a good compromise would be a Galaxy S22 for you, and an iPhone 13 for her.
Thanks, I am leaning toward something of that nature. Have to look at our current plan, (month to month), vs. upgrade deals. I would have to upgrade the plan to a 5G plan I think? Might even bundle in the 5G internet, and if it works tell Altice to go away. No hurry, everything still works.
Wife may need a new lap top soon though...

I spent a portion of this afternoon, painting the underside of an old '80s era TTX class F39C 75' Flat car, that I found on the shelf. The flat was packed with a 3rd party load, a large expansion tank from a third party vendor that measures about 60', (scale), Last night I finished sanding the body filler, and stained the wooden cradle. Today, I painted the tank grey primer. I also painted the under body flat black, and removed the trucks. The trucks are modern roller bearing, but the wheels were cast iron with the ribs on the back of the wheel....not right! Replaced them with 36" Proto metal wheel sets, and attempted to weather the truck sides and under body....not sure that worked like I wanted it to. Tomorrow, I'll paint the deck, (Scalecoat MW Gray), and let it dry while I look for suitable Westinghouse signage. Stay tuned for photos...

Yeah, that's the way it is here. Wife loves her I phone, (I-7), I use the Samsung SM-J327V Android cheapie. which I have had for years... I could use an upgrade for sure. She wants the I-13...

How's Bud doing?
Yea I miss my S7 Galaxy, but when Verizon has IPhone 13 Pro in a 2 for 1 deal, we bit,

Bud has kept food down today, But his breathing seems a little less labored. It’s day by day

Yea I miss my S7 Galaxy, but when Verizon has IPhone 13 Pro in a 2 for 1 deal, we bit,

Bud has kept food down today, But his breathing seems a little less labored. It’s day by day
Sounds like Bud is improving, if I read your post right.

As for the phone, if it’s paid for, either go to one of those “we buy iPhone” people, or sellyourmac.com, sell it, and take the money and buy an android phone you like with the cash.

I have Android Galaxy J3 Orbit that I paid $41.00 for. My service with Page Plus cost me $29.00 a month. It does everything I need it to do. Why people waste so much money on $800.00 phones puzzles me. No wonder so many people are broke.
George
George, I agree with you. Why buy more phone than you use/need?

On the other hand I can see why others buy the more expensive phones. Even I have come to rely on my smartphone. Our phones have become an everyday part of our work and at home.

I still can't justify spending upwards of $1500 for the latest phone. My wife and I have three phones, redundancy it vital to us. We paid $399, $504 and $600, they do just fine for what we need.

My son preorders and trades in his phone as soon as the next new Samsung phone becomes available. He needs his for his work and second best won't do.

It all comes down to what you need the phone to do.

Sounds like you have the perfect phone for you!

Karl, I'm sorry to hear about Buds suffering.
Addisons disease is a tough thing to deal with. Bud is lucky to have a family that loves him so much.
Many dogs can live good lives with the proper care and treatment. I know you will do everything you can. My hope is Bud is one of those dogs for whom that is enough.

I have Android Galaxy J3 Orbit that I paid $41.00 for. My service with Page Plus cost me $29.00 a month. It does everything I need it to do. Why people waste so much money on $800.00 phones puzzles me. No wonder so many people are broke.
George
My other half gets his through work, when they replace they don’t won’t the others back so I get it then my son gets mine, this covers phones and iPads
I like our iphones and iPads, but if a galaxy or else, did the job I would be fine, and I spend an occasional 10 pounds on a phone card because I don’t need an all singing and dancing contract, and if electricity goes down I have bookshelves and boxes full of 📚 books because I love the internet but I love books also. the how tos, the cook books, the do it yourself book, the sci if, the horror (ok less of that) the model railway reference.
Still here . . .

not too far from having the double main up and going. Wish me luck!

No pics this time . . . . . . . table just too much of a mess. I am embarrassed in the presence of you senior modelers
Lol the senior modellers will in general have gone through the mess, it is part of the process, try something here,there,I have ripped out and redone,mess is inevitable, but I scrounge up all the bits and store in case of re use, and yes that means more mess lol.
411EEC65-D25A-44F0-9F88-D72A88E14EA8.jpeg

original go
2233D429-F4E7-4EB2-B979-65B51AA84A85.jpeg
6139A499-3412-46B9-BECC-0B9D81326DC8.jpeg
1CFA1D8B-91CB-4279-A69C-A618CA623A8A.jpeg
0F481B56-EACA-48CC-8845-389B8C6A52D6.jpeg
EDC93E51-B1F0-4E53-86CA-9085579E9131.jpeg
EDC93E51-B1F0-4E53-86CA-9085579E9131.jpeg
A57238A7-0DE6-4CE1-A209-9F9ECE02564A.jpeg

in my world mess is inevitable.

I just seen an ad for Chevy's new electric powered truck. It has a 400 mile range before needing a charge. So what happens when I go on my golf vacation to myrtle beach which is 721 miles away? I notice they didn't mention the price in the ad. I paid $26.000.00 for my Nissan Fronter in 2016 which has just about everything. I bet it's more than double the price?
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back