Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone. They graciously extended my time before my license is suspended until July 8.
They told me the address provided by their website to send the license plate is incorrect, but it still may show up at their office someday. What they didn't tell me was what to do if it never shows up. I guess I'll find out July 9.

104333306_3133844919987617_1047115128162269399_o.jpg

Louis -
That B&O F unit is one sorry ass looking locomotive.

Sherrel - That Frisco unit is something to be proud of.

Joe - Your B&O power also looks a lot netter then the one Louis posted. Thanks for the comments on the NP photos. We took our '59 Impala on a road trip a few years back and got so many comments on it. It was hard to get to a few times trying to get through a crowd to get to it.

Curt - You're making good progress. Thanks for the comments on the photos.

Tom - Nice sunset photo.

Karl - Renovation help ??? Might be more than a couple of weekends.

Willie
- Like the photos as usual. That bottle of paint was a good find. Every once in a while I'll also run across a bottle or two of Floquil that I put away and forget where they were put.

The rain did a lot of good to the lawn and trees. Back to warmer weather. Out of the 40's back up into the 70's.

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1591192929051 (2).jpg

Later

Afternoon All,

No modeling until Monday most likely. Went to IKEA today. We figured out ahead of time what we wanted (4 things) of which they had 1 in stock. I did find a set of 3 level rolling baskets for when I do scenery. Tomorrow I have a funeral of a train acquaintance to go to.

Louis- Wow. If I saw that on a layout I would think the weathering was over the top. Interesting weight car.

Terry- Don't you just love bureaucracy? Sorry to hear about your wife's continuing C-Diff issues. Didn't she have the stool replacement previously or am I thinking of someone else?

Tom- Another great sunset.

Sherrel- Nice looking Frisco loco.

Willie- You got lucky! Nice looking city block and details.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Good afternoon. Happy Friday! As Willie already posted, it's Juneteenth. I appreciate why some folks want it celebrated as a holiday, as it commemorates the day they were granted independence. The sad thing about this is that until last year, I had never heard of this event or the background. maybe I spend too much time under the rock. :rolleyes:

Terry: Learned the hard way, that it is best to return your tags in person, and have them give you a receipt, which requires them to enter the tag as cancelled in the DMV computer.

Had my COVID - 19 Test today took longer to check in than the test process which involved shoving a cotton swab up each nostril. :eek::eek:

Had my final visit with the Surgeon ...everything is a go for Tuesday. Should encompass an overnight Post Op stay at the hospital, then home for an intensive outpatient rehab lasting around six weeks. Should be fun.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chet: nice scene with the lightning.

Tom: Beautiful sunset.

More stuff opening up next Monday, and Malls reopen the following Monday. Hindsight is wonderful, but beginning to think government over reacted. Won't be long before we are not allowed to protect ourselves from sick people by wearing masks. Seems to interfere with Big Brother's facial recognition software. :eek: . It is (Governor) Murphy's Law...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are times like this I wish I wasn't so cynical.

PC # 31 Effingham IL 12_14_1970.jpg

PC # 31 the "Spirit of St. Louis" @ Effingham, IL in December 1970

ONE of the few items that is nice out here is that the plates remain with the car/truck when traded or sold.
Funny that I have lived in eight different States and one foreign country and cannot remember the differences?

As for returning the tag in person, I had little to no choice in the matter. The state shut down all the tag offices in a three county radius but one. The one remaining tag office had a line out the door, and all the way around the entire strip mall where it was located. My second option would have been to keep paying insurance on the tag until it expired, at a hundred bucks a month.

ONE of the few items that is nice out here is that the plates remain with the car/truck when traded or sold.
Funny that I have lived in eight different States and one foreign country and cannot remember the differences?
I still have the tags off the Suburban we owned while in CA.

Good evening .

I had a medical appointment in Nashville earlier today. This was the first time we have been out this much since March when we started social distancing. Based in traffic the highways, I would say th economy is doing well.

Tom ... Very nice sunset picture.

Terry... Sorry to hear about your wife’s health issues. Also, your phone conversation with the bureaucracy sounds very irritating. I suppose they did not even have decent elevator music while you were on hold.

Willie.. you are doing good work on your layout.

Sherrel ... Sorry your wife is having that problem getting a license renewed. In this state, they extended the deadline by 90 days to renew driver licenses because of COVID-19.

Joe ... I like the Spirit of St Louis Photo even though PC trains were ugly.

Louis, ... Speaking of ugly, the B&O F-unit looks terrible.

Regarding COVID-19, one of the guys in the MR forum just had his sister-in-law die from it. It certainly is a nasty virus.

After seeing many trucks on the highway today, I wondered.......
Do tractor-trailer drivers fully retire, or do they semi retire? ;)

Last edited:
David: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Both knees are bone on bone, ad getting more wobbly by the day. No choice but to upgrade.

David: A designation for track Zero. "Oh", Naught are other common terms used to designate track # 0. Most commonly used in train order / track warrant format.

Chet: Outstanding photo. That could be the car. An acquaintance used to own the 1960 Convertible version...Whatta chick Magnet. Another acquaintance, a girl who worked at Piasecki Aircraft, had a white '59 Impala convertible. She used it as a guy magnet.

Ken: Thanks. I hope this somehow doesn't unravel at the last minute.

Garry: Obviously, we share that like. Saw some Denver Zephyr and Nebraska Zephyr photos, the other day, and immediately thought of your (kitbash) observation car.
David: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Both knees are bone on bone, ad getting more wobbly by the day. No choice but to upgrade. of the Phillies Specials brught back a memory of the day one wrecked in Steeltown, along the Susquehanna. Freshly laid rail that "heat kinked" under movement. Around 1964 0r 1966. Used to think about that, when I accelerated to 110MPH along that stretch, on my Eastward run from the "Burg" to Philly.

View attachment 114492
Buffalo Day Express, PC # 575 @ Williamsport, PA 07/20/1969. Note X29 Express boxcar, a RS41 whiteline behind diesel on far track.

Boris:
David: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Both knees are bone on bone, ad getting more wobbly by the day. No choice but to upgrade.

Boris: For the past several years I've had a similar condition with my Left knee and Hip. I was taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin thinking it would help but it didn't help the situation get any better.
Then I read an article by Dr. Hoffman with thirty five years experience who said: UC Collegen ll, Boswelia extract, Turmeric and Curcumin plus MSM would rebuild the joint Cartledge. So I got the items from Amazon and have been talking them since the beginning of 2020 and believe I starting to see some improvement but it's slow. I'm not big on surgery !

Also Dr. Shiva, in Mass with 4 degrees and a PhD in Molecular Engineering from MIT said the same thing !

I also had a Cortisone shot in my Left knee that didn't seem to help much and was due to get one in my Left hip till I found out on the web that Cortisone injections stop the production of Collegen in the tendons. No way do I want that.

[Quote David:] A designation for track Zero. "Oh", Naught are other common terms used to designate track # 0. Most commonly used in train order / track warrant format. [/Quote]

I think I understand ?

Good Morning All. Clear and 76° here on Juneteenth. The rain chance originally in the forecast for Sunday has now been removed. Last time that we had rain was May 16. At least I am not mowing much right now. Highs have been staying in the low 90's for now, so the pool water has been staying in the low to mid 80's, quite comfortable.
We made the weekly grocery/beer trek yesterday without incident. Face mask usage was nearly 100% at the grocery, the Vitamin Shop and the wine store. Looks like Kroger has picked up some of the diverted school groceries to sell. The vegetable aisle was stocked full of three and five pound cans of veggies. Never have seen that before. Meanwhile my backyard grocery has been producing around two dozen tomatoes a day, it's time to process some more. Today the plan is to make some homemade salsa using onions, garlic, cilantro and jalapenos; all of which also came from the garden.

Scrambled eggs and a pile of bacon this morning Flo. How about a hot buttered whole wheat English Muffin to go with that.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday everyone; Patrick, Guy, Sherrel, Joe, Louis, Garry, Chet, Chad, Jerome, Curt, Mikey, Hughie, Tom, Karl.

Lucky day in he train shed yesterday. While rummaging through paint supplies I came across this.
View attachment 114565
View attachment 114566
Yes! An unopened bottle of Polly Scale Concrete paint that I had bought back in 2013, as evidenced by the date that I wrote on the bottle. OK, back to the workbench with the structure base and out came the paintbrush.
Once repainted, I was able to add the remaining details and the first four figures to the scene. I also added all of the remaining window treatments
View attachment 114567
View attachment 114568
Earlier I also completed the stair railing to the side stairway.
View attachment 114569
The reason that I found the paint was that I was looking for another color to use for some additional figures that I am painting for this scene.
I'll start today with gluing the structures to the base and adding a few more figures and call this portion of the CUP complete. Further away, I began to also add some ground cover along the main line. I am looking at acquiring some additional structures for this area.

Sherrel -

No it wasn't a waste, I needed to know what that one looked like for future reference. If nothing else, it was an extra primer coat. It will work for newer concrete, just not there.
Terry - Prayers and best wishes for your wife. Glad that you resolved the TP issue last week. Good luck with your bureaucracy issues.

Anyone else here miss Johnny?
Everybody have a great day.

Willie: The buildings look grest, I especially enjoyed the various window treatments !

I'm also glad to see you added a railing on the recent building to prevent some poor sott from falling off the stairs.

Great work.

Afternoon All,

No modeling until Monday most likely. Went to IKEA today. We figured out ahead of time what we wanted (4 things) of which they had 1 in stock. I did find a set of 3 level rolling baskets for when I do scenery. Tomorrow I have a funeral of a train acquaintance to go to.

Louis- Wow. If I saw that on a layout I would think the weathering was over the top. Interesting weight car.

Terry- Don't you just love bureaucracy? Sorry to hear about your wife's continuing C-Diff issues. Didn't she have the stool replacement previously or am I thinking of someone else?

Tom- Another great sunset.

Sherrel- Nice looking Frisco loco.

Willie- You got lucky! Nice looking city block and details.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Curt: Sorry to hear you had to dismantel your old layout due to a leaky roof.

At least now you'll be able to design something better possibly ?

Keep me in mind when you need supplies. I'll treat you right and my supplier is in the Midwest too.

Congrats on rebuilding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back