Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening everyone.

Curt. Thanks for the complement and thanks for sharing more pics of the layout. I asked my wife earlier this week if she would make some Sugar Cookies with my Mom’s old Copper Holiday Cookie cutters. She said if I was a good boy. Lol

Willie. Glad your feeling better too

I’ve been waiting till now to post this pic I took it on our yard one day last summer. Guys thanks a lot for the comments and likes. See you guys in the morning I think I’m changing my mind about the Chicago Great Western I may go MoPac instead.
76602EE5-BA33-43BD-BF6E-FC88753F4FF8.jpeg

Good evening. Earlier, I posted about my landlord being in the hospital with covid. He's 90. His wife also has covid, and she's 85.
She also suffers from dementia, and if something happens to him, she's going to have to be placed in a nursing facility. If THAT happens, the house we're renting, which is technically hers, will need to be sold. If THAT happens, we're going to have to find another place to live. While I don't like trying to make other people's problems about me, this time, it's pretty obvious we're going to be in a not very good position...

Did the land lord tell you that or are you just assuming that? If you have a rental agreement it should carry over to new managers or owners.
We've lived here over 11 years. The lease long expired, and it's been month-to-month for over a decade.
As for who told me that, if the person that owns the house has to move into assisted living, all their money and assets will need to be liquidated to pay for the cost of care. if you really want me to provide the appropriate laws and statutes, I'll need to find them online. However, that's what we had to do when my parents had to be placed in nursing homes.

You have no idea what this guy can do! His partner in crime Doc Holiday can do it just as well as him too! I will post a card board box that Doc turned into confetti....I since then have not given him or Wyatt a card board box after I learned that Amazon sprays the card board with chemicals to deter pest so no fun there....

They have plenty of other things to mess with.....they got a 7 foot 6" Cat tree/condo for an early Christmas present 2 weeks ago. They are loving that!
Here they are in their tree....

Attachments

• 20211213_200918.jpg
    20211213_200918.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211204_191441.jpg
    20211204_191441.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20211201_213433.jpg
    20211201_213433.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20211201-182053_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-182053_Outlook.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 68
If the person that owns the house has to move into assisted living, all their money and assets will need to be liquidated to pay for the cost of care.
Terry: While there are exceptions, that's pretty much how it works...all assets have to be liquidated and spent down to the bare minimum level allowed for medicaid (Generally under $2000). There are Landlord - Tenant Laws which protect the rights of a Tenant, even when the lease is informal and month to month. But...for the most part, that will buy you time and not much else.

Curt: Thanks. The engine terminal is fantastic. Great work.

Karl: How come it's always the gray and white Calico?

Good evening. Earlier, I posted about my landlord being in the hospital with covid. He's 90. His wife also has covid, and she's 85.
She also suffers from dementia, and if something happens to him, she's going to have to be placed in a nursing facility. If THAT happens, the house we're renting, which is technically hers, will need to be sold. If THAT happens, we're going to have to find another place to live. While I don't like trying to make other people's problems about me, this time, it's pretty obvious we're going to be in a not very good position...
Jeez Terry, go play the lottery. What else can go wrong for you in 2021? Things have got to change.

TomO

Still arranging the empire for the Toy Run on 27 Dec.
I was setting up the auto rack train and found a few that just didn't roll as well as I would like. I took the trucks off of them and reamed out the wheel axel sockets then applied graphite. They still roll like the brakes are on.
I checked the clearance of the wheels to the undercarriage. Plenty of room. The wheels spin freely when I have the car inverted. They are the metal wheel sets by Walthers. Properly gauged.
32 of the auto racks run fine, it's just these two that are dragging somehow.

You might think so, but it seems nothing ever is logical any more.
This is a valid point, as long as you are paying the agreed upon rent, they cannot evict you...in theory. Perhaps, we are placing the cart before the horse here, as nothing has happened yet. Just be aware that you might have to make some changes in the future,and see what happens. Covid isn't a death sentence even for a 90 year old...it's what else that ails him. If he recovers and she does (or doesn't), he may have to change his arrangements. What happens if both expire? How does that affect your arrangement? You need to find out.

Terry, I think it would be a good idea to start looking for a place.

At one time this was the slow time of the year for new rentals. You have that in your favor. I don't know anymore, the property rental business has been booming the last few years.

On the bright side, you could make a career move and relocate.

I wish you all the best.

Good morning Everybody!

I've been doing too much. Now I have a respiratory infection! It has been one thing after another since mid September.

I'm shifting gears, time to "slow my roll". I was doing Amazon early, 3-4 am. Then doing my own business afterwards. My business has more than tripled this quarter and I'm struggling to keep up this pace. Even my super wife is starting to feel the fatigue. Not that she will admit it. She can't hide fatigue from me, not after all my years of coaching. I know all the signs.

I stopped in a not so nice area of Baltimore City yesterday. A well dressed young man asks me " boy or girl?" Puzzled I tell him, I'm too old for babies. He chuckled and said "coke or dope?" Now I get it and I tell him, "no thank you I'm just an old man delivering packages for Amazon. He tells me " you would be surprised who comes through here". To my wife's surprise I enter into a conversation with this drug dealer. Turns out he is a smart and articulate man. Not what you expect from a drug dealer. Among many thigs he told me his customers are mostly people from the surrounding counties. "Nice white folk and even politicians!" It's A shame to see such a talented young man wasted in the drug trade. In the inner cities there is not much opportunity and everyone needs to feed their families. Some refuse government support.

We exchanged Christmas greetings and I finally pull away. My wife asks me "why did you talk to him for so long?" I ask her he was pleasant to talk to was he not?" She said "yes he was a likeable person". I tell her where else can I get his perspective on things, she agrees.

He is God's creation, same as me. Only difference was he chose the easy path and I took the hard way out of a bad start in life. Not many choices in the inner city. A bad start is an easy excuse, but in our great country you always have a chance! From my experiences you can out work almost anything.

At least now I have a better understanding of why politicians do such stupid things!

Now on to my much slower paced day.

Have a great day Everybody!

Don't forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back