Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Thanks Garry for the update about Chet and his Uncle.

"Reply with Quote" .... is anyone having issues with this?
Granted it has been a while since I've been on the forum but dang surely I haven't forgotten something so rudimentary.
It doesn't like to place nice on Google Chrome or IE. When I type the browser page acts like I'm trying to scroll up and down and stuff like that.
Mozilla Firefox v 4.9 seems to be "OK".

Golly mercy does Dad need a new machine. He knows that but just bought a new car. Really nice Buick. I love the paint on it. Kind of a blue-black metal flake.
Even my 3+ year old machine back home would be better than this one.
However, since it looks like I'm going to a nursing home for a while, I sort of am in need of a new one as well.

I'm thinking of something like a higher end notebook or laptop with docking station that is able to run my developer software like MS's DeveloperStudio and MS SQL Server. I'll also need all the Office Pro suite of stuff.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. In fact I'm outright asking for advice on this since it has been so long since I've bought a new machine.

Thanks.
E.

The cats had vet appointments Friday, and we got something to drug the little beasties with. Because of my shooting, I've got scads of ear plugs. Am I forgetting anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

catbather.jpg

Yeah, welders gloves, eye protection and a hard hat. Keep the gauze and antiseptic spray nearby, just in case. :rolleyes: Actually, all kidding aside, I do wear these gloves when SWMBO bathes them, but other than that ours are ok with the Vet, but we found a Vet that does house calls. mobile lab/office, right in the driveway. Cost, about 20 bucks more than an office visit. It's worth it!

Good luck on the basement! Mine only took 7 years from move-in to refinished!

Well, tomorrow's the Big Basement Day. My brother and Sis-in-Law came over yesterday and helped us move everything that was within four feet of the wall. I'll be going out later to buy mylar or whatever to hang around it all for dust protection. The cats had vet appointments Friday, and we got something to drug the little beasties with. Because of my shooting, I've got scads of ear plugs. Am I forgetting anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good Luck getting those earplugs into the cat's ears!

Willie

Morning All!
44 degrees and very, very light rain - supposed to be scattered showers around the LA area the next couple days. We MAY have a tiny bit of that.
Spent a good portion of the day in the garage cutting, planing, and sawing tooth picks (planking) for D&L's top decking on the Diabolic bridge.
FIVE inches done - only SIX Feet + to go! Will try and work on them again today for a few hours.

Have tons to do for our "escape" to the East Coast to see G-kids and family there. Have house and dog sitter arranged for our departure. Wish we were going in the RV, but the Spousal Unit cannot take the time off needed, and when we make that long of a trip - We want to see lots of places other than just the highway.

Mil113 Good to hear from you again. Do you have any more "projects" to show?

Eric - Still pulling for you. Hang Tough!

Beady - Did I understand that you will be having jack-hammering done for a drain? Kitties aren't gonna like that any better than you! Good luck getting all that done and finished.

Off to the "mill". (right after the quick trip to Wally World)

Afternoon fellers. Been detailing another blue box this morning. It has taken quite the steady hand.
0435383423f1c62baa6f1cff9b33dd18.jpg

5a5865c70e3ed923755fcda9a524bdd5.jpg

265f457b7f1ee1a929ff7e2b7b6df33e.jpg

I painted her in accordance with what I could find online. However the ladder is bugging me. Missing detail parts off it compared to the prototype throws it off. I may just paint the ladder yellow all the way around. Upgraded to metal wheels as well. Added windows to it and I was going to attempt to paint my window sills silver but I didn't like the results so I passed on that idea.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Afternoon All,

Finished up the new office area today and put down some ground cover between the first track and the mainline and also repaired the mainline ballast that I messed up. Tomorrow I plan on lightly ballasting the 3 leads.

Karl- Nice looking locos.

Justin- Nice looking caboose. That ladder looks like a pain in the butt!

Milw113- Good to see you back again.

20170226_132847_zpsm6vsipbl.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Finished up the new office area today and put down some ground cover between the first track and the mainline and also repaired the mainline ballast that I messed up. Tomorrow I plan on lightly ballasting the 3 leads.

EeeeK! Your Nakedness! I see that you are wearing your fancy-dandy spike finding shoes.

Afternoon All,

The ladder wasn't the hard part. It's the molded on railings that were killer. Took an extreme steady hand to paint those. All in all this project took 3 hours to complete. Ofcourse with breaks in between.

On the topic of C&O, I saw a C&O yellow bay window caboose on a short CSX train that was moving down the Dahlgren line along Kings Highway near the Walmart. It was probably going out to the power plant in King George.

I'll be darned if the Chessie SD50 ain't turning into the hardest locomotive for me to get my hands on! eBay has struck again...Maybe I can swing one of those Life Like ones I reckon.

Justin
How much were you looking to swing??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proto-2000-Series-SD50-30832-Diesel-Locomotive-C-O-Chessie-8562-HO-Scale-/172406051900?hash=item282433943c:g:824AAOSw4GVYJlyV

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD50-LE-Locomotive-HO-Proto-2000-Series-30832-Chessie-C-O-8562-MIB-/232232796657?hash=item36122741f1:g:ks4AAOSwImRYIQny

They were the only 2 SD50s I could find on evilbay in Chessie, a handfull of CSX ones were priced about the same. The only "cheap" ones were U.P., but not cheap enough to pay someone to repaint it. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Try having a 65 ton Whitcomb on you "wish list" . I've had a search for many years for this loco and it finally appeared this weekend.
s-l1600.jpg

Oh, and the guns are locked and loaded for this lil gem! ;) Sometimes, it pays to "keep the faith".

I didn't think the SD50 was around before the C&O dropped out of existence.

Sunday night here. Daytona 500 with all it's wrecks and a new winner are in the history books. The Maybruary weather here kinda OK. Not sure what to expect next.
Tomorrow is another work day. 358 days to retirement.

Justin
How much were you looking to swing??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proto-2000-Series-SD50-30832-Diesel-Locomotive-C-O-Chessie-8562-HO-Scale-/172406051900?hash=item282433943c:g:824AAOSw4GVYJlyV

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD50-LE-Locomotive-HO-Proto-2000-Series-30832-Chessie-C-O-8562-MIB-/232232796657?hash=item36122741f1:g:ks4AAOSwImRYIQny

They were the only 2 SD50s I could find on evilbay in Chessie, a handfull of CSX ones were priced about the same. The only "cheap" ones were U.P., but not cheap enough to pay someone to repaint it. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Try having a 65 ton Whitcomb on you "wish list" . I've had a search for many years for this loco and it finally appeared this weekend.
s-l1600.jpg

Oh, and the guns are locked and loaded for this lil gem! ;) Sometimes, it pays to "keep the faith".
Well I'm looking at those too. Me and myself was shooting for a hot deal and lost. One ended while I was work and well the other I lost with just a few seconds left. Both were under $100. I'll have to bite bullet and get one for $100+.

Back