Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Good Morning Everyone. 31° and clear. It was 87° just three days ago! Did some garden maintenance yesterday for a while. Things dried out from the rain and the new little weeds were just poking their leaves up. Got 'em! Picked my first two asparagus yesterday. They start slowly and then BAM! Gotta pick them when they're ready or they stop producing.
Out in the train shed, I just puttered around. Vacuumed a bit of main line and didn't find any stray parts (good), shop-vac'd the floor to remove all of the yard debris that I have tracked in, removed many spiderwebs from the newly-hatched tiny spiders that are hatching this week (bad). Ran some trains and had a derailment that I couldn't duplicate...may have hit a car with the vacuum earlier.

Chet - New cars look great. The mid 50's Nomads are my all time favorites.
Johnny - Nice progress. I know that you won't see this until Monday though.
Tony - Thanks for "uprighting" Johnny's photo, I'm getting too old to stand on my head any more. Wife already wonders about me anyway!
Ken in Md - Here's my endorsement for Honda's, I'm on my 4th one and I generally get 180,000+ miles on them before I have to spend any money on anything but routine maintenance. I have no experience with Toyotas, but have several friends who have had just as good experience with them.
Garry - I do like that scene.
Terry -
I can quit any time I want... Honest...
Where have I heard that before? Oh! Wait. I said that.
David - That train wreck video switches from the grain train camera view to the oil train camera view around the 2:30 mark and you are seeing the oil train engine hitting the downed hopper.
Curt - You're moving right along.

Everybody have a great Saturday. The wind is slowly shifting out of the south and will die down this afternoon. I'll be firing up the grill tonight...you'll come by.
Willie

Good morning fellers!!!
Long time no hear!! Wow. Now I'll be leaving again come Monday sometime.
I'm not sure really. I need to see the oncologist and see what he says now that all my anti-bios are consumed.
I sure wouldn't mind having some "time off" to do a little something around here. Terry sure did load me up on kits to build.

Eric: So what is your status. Last I heard you were fighting an infection, and had to suspend your treatment to deal with the infection.
I'm guessing the infection has past, and you are waiting to resume your treatment, as soon as the Oncologist thinks you're ready?
Gotta be driving you nutz.

Keep fighting this cancer, we are all still with you. Good hearing from you this morning.

Joe

Went into town to have breakfast with the railroad crew. Rode back home and took care of the days chores.
I have a set of blinds that one of the cords broke on. I can't find the original paperwork from when I bought them in 2011. They are the kind of blinds that can be raised from the bottom or lowered from the top. The label says GETBLINDS but I go on line and there is nothing on their web site that looks anything like these blinds. I sent them an email to see if the blinds can be repaired.
I'll get some more work done on the bridge today as well as do some work on the layout. I have to start prepping the area on the layout where the bridge will go. I also have to find some window tinting to protect the bridge from UV damage.
Daytone 500 will be run tomorrow. I like to watch the race to see the wrecks, just like everybody else. The season opener last night was the truck racing. Some pretty wild pileups in that race too.

Good morning all, on my 3rd cup “a” joe and looking at ebay today….

Wow less than 6 hours left for this broadway 282 as Terry mentioned. If I had 125 bucks it would be gone, but I do have to say, how could a bye it now for this kind of train last so long…..? Its also not a bid? Hmm is there something wrong with this or are steams or any trains in this hobby so slow selling with the saturation of the ebay system.

Not sure, Im so new with trains, I don’t see it. I am sure that when I do have some bucks for this stuff all the prices for these locos will be starting at $399 and up. Seems to be my luck. Well for that price, DCC and sound and shipping, all at a total of $139.. it does seem pretty good. Oh well……

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122327700514?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Looks as if everyones busy this morning. Woke up to winter here at 33 degrees; that's the coolest it has been so far, but I have seen 26-28 on occasion. High today should reach 65 or so with zero clouds above.

Worked too hard yesterday - am feeling it today, but finished several small projects that had been lying in wait for the past two years. Even have enough room to start on SWMBO's big project of a built-in entertainment center. She gave up on me and purchased a base unit - now I have to try and build on top to "frame in" the large void above the TV.

Soooo ... I get the A/C in my truck repaired and now it;s 33 degrees? Can't win!

Good morning all, on my 3rd cup “a” joe and looking at ebay today….

Wow less than 6 hours left for this broadway 282 as Terry mentioned. If I had 125 bucks it would be gone, but I do have to say, how could a bye it now for this kind of train last so long…..? Its also not a bid? Hmm is there something wrong with this or are steams or any trains in this hobby so slow selling with the saturation of the ebay system.

Not sure, Im so new with trains, I don’t see it. I am sure that when I do have some bucks for this stuff all the prices for these locos will be starting at $399 and up. Seems to be my luck. Well for that price, DCC and sound and shipping, all at a total of $139.. it does seem pretty good. Oh well……

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122327700514?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The seller has a good amount of transactions, and a 100% positive feedback rating. If I hadn't loaded up on U25Cs, it would already be on the way to my house.

OK B&O fans. As I have a dinner date tonight I decided not to get wrapped up into a structure build. Instead my old Athearn B&O Geep is getting love.
22ecf00374a0940f1df96d4b40f85394.jpg

Painted and installed the air tanks on the frame. Super glued those babies in there. I don't plan on having them removed ever.
bd13a752b0024c5f7a702f9ed1fe823c.jpg

Slapping paint onto the handrails as well. Going with a dark blue on these. All the pics I can find has them painted blue. Y'all let me know what you think.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

The seller has a good amount of transactions, and a 100% positive feedback rating. If I hadn't loaded up on U25Cs, it would already be on the way to my house.
Well it ended with no bye's. Wow Terry... we both let that one pass us bye. Seems the both of us and even 18 other watchers did as well and those that just skimmed by it too. Oh well....

Well it ended with no bye's. Wow Terry... we both let that one pass us bye. Seems the both of us and even 18 other watchers did as well and those that just skimmed by it too. Oh well....
It's very possible that all the people that would have bought it got caught without any funds.

Keep it in your watch list, you'll get notified when it relists ('course the notification could be late, and someone else will beat you to it :p:rolleyes::eek:)

Hiya gang!!

As you might have been able to tell from my wiseacre remarks this morning, I am feeling better. Thanks for the well wishes all. Not the flu, just a badass cold, SWMBO started with it 3 days prior to me, and she still has it, a little worse than me now. But hers was just a low grade thing the whole time, mine got much more intense, but for a shorter time. I'll take it!

Started finishing up some projects this week. New rule in the basement. No new projects started til the old ones are finished. This includes pay jobs as well as my own. Luckily for me, there is no new stuff coming in, but I have some engines here that the owner was just checking to see who he had left them with for painting. (yeah, its me,,,,,for the last 2 years....but he said no rush!) Well, here are the 1st 2, the next 4 go in the club scheme, and the 5th is just a repower and detailing.

20170225_185529_001.jpg20170225_185623_001.jpg20170225_190010.jpg20170225_190107_001 (1).jpg

Can motors,fly wheels, N/S wheels, decoders and LED lighting. They sure don't run like Athearns anymore!

I'm also looking hard at my own inventory. I'm considering sending a B&O E7/8, Kato SD45-2, and a Mantua Mikado drive with a Pacific Boiler (Lite Mikado) all to fleabay, with a group of BB locos.........decisions decisions....

Back