Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

N

NP2626

When I saw that this group had not moved the RBCS ahead in this month, I just couldn't help myself and had to take charge! I suppose I have completely over stepped my bounds. I have been known to do that.

At any rate, the coffee is hot and we have a nice selection of Krispy Kreme Donuts, the price is as always, free!

Last edited by a moderator:
To lead this off, I have a question for all the attendees: Is it O.K. to "Nit Pick" your own railroad?

Good Morning All in the new place. 49° and overcast here in North Central Texas this morning.
Mark - We actually usually wait until we hit 100 pages (1000 posts) as opposed to a specific date, but nobody should have a problem finding us here. Especially since the doughnuts are free. To answer your question, I nit pick my own RR some of the time.

Be back in a few minutes after I read whatever was posted overnight.

Willie

As I said Willie, "I suppose I have completely over stepped my bounds. I have been known to do that". We are actually fairly warm this morning at +13 degrees. The basement will actually be pretty warm today, around 60 degrees.

To lead this off, I have a question for all the attendees: Is it O.K. to "Nit Pick" your own railroad?

Aren't we all our own worst critics - about anything.
I know if I have an area of annoyance/unhappiness, it just makes me strive to want to improve on it.
E.

Is this not the current thread going? I seem to be somewhat [emoji52] (confused)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

E - go to coffee House LXI. This one got started too soon. The other was not up to 100 pages.

E, don't listen to Montanan. This is the right spot, the rest of us just have to catch up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What is the significance of 1,000 posts? I should think monthly maybe makes more sense. However, it is what it is.

Finished my work at cleaning out my mother-in-laws house and now I'm home. Going to spend an hour or two working on the Woodland Scenics lighting system that I purchased. No time tomorrow since I have to take some furniture up to the cabin and then turn around and drive home.

Greg

Well, DRAT! Now that Willie made the transition -- I forgot what I was going to say!

Anyway, while that was going on, I think Chet may have some of his famous "Beefsteak Hearty Rye"
on the road- either this afternoon or tomorrow morning!

Thank you all for the greatphotos and other musings. GARRY/Chet - your layouts are just the cat's meow! That's really a neat pic, Chet, the last one. You have so much going on with all the "wee folks" around doing their various chores.

Miss JOE here too. His posts and discussions were always very interesting with much depth to them.

My ears are burning...:rolleyes:...just took a month off...:confused:. Nice to be missed :rolleyes:. Hope everyone is doing OK.

I've been doing some in depth research of industrial buildings and structures along the ROW of the Reading and PRR/PC branch lines I'm modeling. With the help of the Hagley Museum (Delaware), Wiedner University Library, Delaware Co Historical Society (PA) and other sources, I've come up with some interesting ideas. I have a plan for a very challenging kitbash, should I be able to pull it off. It's a Textile mill making printed fabric, built around 1890, and modified in the 1920s, that was sub divided and repurposed in the 1940s. The building was ultimately demolished in the late 1970s or early 1980s. At one time it was rail served, but by the target era of my layout, 1966, there was no reason for rail service. But it would be a fantastic signature structure.

I also managed to reacquire a 1974 era Reading Company track chart, depicting the Reading tracks in my area of interest. Not bad, from memory, I got most of the East side tracks correct.

Not to start a new controversy on my first day back, I am still operating my layout with a single DC cab, using a single connection from the power source, for the entire 36' of railroad. Realistically, you can say that my main track is my buss. However, in the near future, once I finally decide whether to go with two cab DC or DCC, I will begin running the appropriate Buss and feed connectors. Surprisingly, there is no appreciable drop off in voltage, but that may be because there is hardly any load at present.

For those who may be interested, Trainworld began advertising pre-orders for Intermountain EMD GP10s and GP16s this morning. Some of y'all may be interested in these rebuilt EMD Geeps.

Now back to lurking in the shadows.

My ears are burning...:rolleyes:...just took a month off...:confused:. Nice to be missed :rolleyes:. Hope everyone is doing OK.

I've been doing some in depth research of industrial buildings and structures along the ROW of the Reading and PRR/PC branch lines I'm modeling. With the help of the Hagley Museum (Delaware), Wiedner University Library, Delaware Co Historical Society (PA) and other sources, I've come up with some interesting ideas. I have a plan for a very challenging kitbash, should I be able to pull it off. It's a Textile mill making printed fabric, built around 1890, and modified in the 1920s, that was sub divided and repurposed in the 1940s. The building was ultimately demolished in the late 1970s or early 1980s. At one time it was rail served, but by the target era of my layout, 1966, there was no reason for rail service. But it would be a fantastic signature structure.

I also managed to reacquire a 1974 era Reading Company track chart, depicting the Reading tracks in my area of interest. Not bad, from memory, I got most of the East side tracks correct.

Not to start a new controversy on my first day back, I am still operating my layout with a single DC cab, using a single connection from the power source, for the entire 36' of railroad. Realistically, you can say that my main track is my buss. However, in the near future, once I finally decide whether to go with two cab DC or DCC, I will begin running the appropriate Buss and feed connectors. Surprisingly, there is no appreciable drop off in voltage, but that may be because there is hardly any load at present.

For those who may be interested, Trainworld began advertising pre-orders for Intermountain EMD GP10s and GP16s this morning. Some of y'all may be interested in these rebuilt EMD Geeps.

Now back to lurking in the shadows.

Speak of the Devil! :)

Back