Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

Good morning.

America will never forget 12/7.

Willie ... Glad to see more Santa Fe.

Chet (Montanan) ... I really like the photo looking through an open boxcar.

Joe .. You are doing outstanding work with construction of your layout

December 7. This is a special place.

img43.jpg img63.jpg

In Remembrance

May we never forget the brave men and women who lost their lives on December 7th, 1941. Take time to remember and honor them today.
12278632_10153913578191178_4056759649076689251_n.jpg

That was quite the trek.

I'll pm the tracking number.

leave it me to make an adventure. I stopped at a bar. Got to watch some trains go by. ES and EC and some SD stuff.
It's a dam long walk and I think I'll nap out for the rest of the day.
E

That was quite the trek.

I'll pm the tracking number.

leave it me to make an adventure. I stopped at a bar. Got to watch some trains go by. ES and EC and some SD stuff.
It's a dam long walk and I think I'll nap out for the rest of the day.
E

Careful not to get too close, we had a lady got herself run over by the CN here in town a couple days ago. It's a bad stretch through the middle of the city, tight curves and they go FAST through there! I thought they had a speed limit in towns? I yousta live right near M.S.U. and the trains on the line that goes S.W. to Chicago thru there HAUL A** on those rails! Wassa deal?

Here's a phto of "Vincent Supply Company" which generates a lot of traffic. It has a hardware store, lumber company as well as a farm supply outlet. Put it in about 25 years ago. All of the lumber in the bins are scale lumber cut to length. The building all the wau to the right is scratch built.

attachment.php

Got things to do and gotta get going. Happy trails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening All,

Pearl Harbor Day. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 15 years, 10 of which was on 2 different submarines. Every time entering or departing port we passed within about 200 yds of the memorial, unless we were tasked to circumnavigate around Ford Island, then we passed within 30 yds of it. When you actually pass the USS Arizona Navy ships and subs render honors to the fallen sailors and marines. I have been onboard the memorial several times, usually with family that was visiting. Once a month the park service provides a boat for military members reenlisting and allows you to raise and lower an American flag over the memorial. I received one in my shadow box when I retired in 1995. Although I was not there during the attack it is a part of me now.

Today I tested my H10 and L1 for compatibility to be consisted or used as a helper engine. I was expecting them to work and they did not disappoint. They were almost perfectly matched out of the box.

Montanan- Great scenes. I believe Tichy sells gas pumps. Great shot thru the box car and the attention to detail is amazing at Vincent's.

Willie- Nice pictures.

WJLI26- I really believe that the media in general lives for crisis.

Can you tell which one is weathered?

20151207_141641_zpstx4phab0.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Gees.... that'll teach me to sit at a bar and watch trains early in the day.
I'm sitting here cooking breakfast..... only to realize it's still Monday!

You certainly can't trust a Tardis that sits on your little pinky either, remember they're supposed to be bigger on the inside, not the outside.

Gees.... that'll teach me to sit at a bar and watch trains early in the day.
I'm sitting here cooking breakfast..... only to realize it's still Monday!

Not so bad as waking up and not remembering which COUNTRY you happen to be in! Those can be VERY disconcerting moments!

Day drinking can be fun once in a while...once in a while.

WJLI26

Looks like you're getting some work done. Got any plans for the modules or any track down yet??

Chet: Yes and no. I have some sketches of what I'm looking to do, and I have Kato Uni-track down to check the validity of the sketches, then I run a short train back and forth, but nothing is secured to the benchwork. Currently, I'm trying to work in the "right' location for the "movable" bridge. Initially, i envisioned a 150' span - which is about 20.7", but that space is down to 129', using an Atlas 18" Through Truss Bridge. I'm not sure that will work either, so it may become a shorter fixed bridge or a lift bridge, like the CNJ used. I made my first connection between the two railroads today, and already know that some changes need to be made. Minimum radius is now 28" instead of 31", but all switches will be #6.

Good evening all, I start this post earlier and lost it!
It now 10:09 Pm and Clear and 44.2 °F/Feels Like 40 °F;
Wind are from the ENE at 6.8 mph? When I was out gathering more wood to burn I certainly didn't notice winds like that.
The Barometer is at 30.27 in/Hg;
Humidity is at 85%:

Today is/was to honor the service members and others that lost their lives or were severely injured in the Pearl Harbor attack.

Joe: Your bench work and layout look like they are really starting to take shape. You might want to consider inside corner gussets so your rail can make an easier transition from table to table. I found I had to do the same thing. Also, the use of curved turnouts will help you fit in a lot more than just trying to use straight switches. As far as the bridges, quite often we need to make changes from what we originally planned. The mind can conceive where more will fit in than is possible when we get to laying track, placing buildings etc.

Hope all have a good night and morning.

Willie: glad to hear you built yourself a more substantial building and that your progressing along nicely. Your shots look great!

David: How are you doing? Anything going on with your layout as of late?

Chet: The shot looking through the box car is very uniqe. Thanks also for posting the shots of the Pearl Harbor memorial! Your Lumber yard scene if very nice too.

Sherrel: That's quite a shot you posted also, thanks.

Curt: Very nice shot of your bridge and the H10 & L1. Glad they pull together well. The salesman at my distributor mentioned the fact it's hard to get two loco's to run the same speed especially when going up or down hill. Glad your two locos work together well! Your weathering looks good too!

Thanks for getting the coffee going Terry. Starting off at 42 degrees this morning.

Curt - Nice photos of the steamers.

Sort of quiet today (so far). He's a quiet scene of a few fishermen enjoying themselves. Wouldn't mind doing this myself.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back