Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

The term "crackerbox" for trucks was applied to the ones with small boxy cabs. They were usually noted for no space and not being very comfortable to drive or ride in. I had always heard the term but didn't really know for sure what it meant til I looked it up.

A lot of very impressive pictures on here the last few days..........keep it up!

Chet: I haven't forgotten about the molds.
I'll cast one more of each and get them up to the PO soon. It will be a couple days. The last 2 I cast the other day needed a couple days to cure out good - because of all the recent rain with high humidity I suppose.
This morning, I ironically I found the box you sent them to me which perhaps may provide an explanation why they took so long to get here before. It was stamped "Standard postage". If I'm not mistaken that's akin to 4th class parcel which I didn't know still existed.
I'll be pouring these last 2 casts this afternoon in any event.

Thank you again for the use of them. They MOST CERTAINLY helped a great deal.
"Chet's Peak" and "Jenkins Knob" are alive and well that to them.
E.

The term "crackerbox" for trucks was applied to the ones with small boxy cabs. They were usually noted for no space and not being very comfortable to drive or ride in. I had always heard the term but didn't really know for sure what it meant til I looked it up.

A lot of very impressive pictures on here the last few days..........keep it up!

I thought he might have meant "Match Box" but it wouldn't be like Terry to make a mistake like that.

When I saw the picture Terry posted I wonder if that's what they called a "10 wheel". A 6-wheel cab pulling a short single-axle trailer.
I haven't seen one of those in forever.
E

Regarding the GMC Crackerbox..... I just looked up the Sylvan Models website, and they do offer them in 1/87 scale. .. They offer kits for either single axle or tandem axle.

Terry ... Thanks for the link to a photo of a 1:1 crackerbox.

Ladies and gentlemen now presenting the ugly duckling express! Took 3 1/2 hours to set up and here it is.
bed604291763453dded08ff800b160c0.jpg
168898b1088abc214d6812e9e5658857.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Ladies and gentlemen now presenting the ugly duckling express! Took 3 1/2 hours to set up and here it is.
bed604291763453dded08ff800b160c0.jpg
168898b1088abc214d6812e9e5658857.jpg

Nothing ugly about it - unless YOU, and ONLY you, say so!!
Is it wired and running already?
Going to put down roadbed?

Didn't you just change jobs and move to boot?
Tough time of year for so many changes.
Maybe not for some but it would be me.
E.

Eric I dub it the ugly duckling because I killed the typical oval. Which is what wanted. I most likely won't do roadbed this go around. I still have nightmares about it from the last time I used it. Once I handle some things around the house I'll have it up and running trains. I did just about all I could do replicate the previous track plan but with changes this time. Oddly as this has come to be my track seems a lot more smooth than my previous track plan so I'm a bit surprised how this turned out. I did just do all of the above. The move went off without a hitch. The transfer to Pepsi has went off just as well. I guess I'm living life in the fast lane! Lol

Good afternoon cloudy &78* working on my
Cheyenne 650 ton coaling tower really im rebuilding off the 1st one
I built in 1996 ,i bought a new kit to rebuild the top
alooot faster lol

Eric I dub it the ugly duckling because I killed the typical oval. Which is what wanted. I most likely won't do roadbed this go around. I still have nightmares about it from the last time I used it. Once I handle some things around the house I'll have it up and running trains. I did just about all I could do replicate the previous track plan but with changes this time. Oddly as this has come to be my track seems a lot more smooth than my previous track plan so I'm a bit surprised how this turned out. I did just do all of the above. The move went off without a hitch. The transfer to Pepsi has went off just as well. I guess I'm living life in the fast lane! Lol

You must be "livin' right" then! Keep on with it if things are going smooth. Might as well ride the wave if it's a good one!
Your track going down smoother this time is likely because you've already done it and knew what to watch out for this time.

Seems like your last had a little angle for the 3 lines coming into the coaling facility. Except for the walls I wouldn't know it wasn't the same
one layed out.

Keep going Brother!
E.

Afternoon All,

Earlier today we took a 45 min drive and picked up a bunch of brand new Rubbermaid wire shelving for free from somebody that wanted to get rid of it. I estimate about $200 worth of it for a quarter of a tank of gas. MOH and daughter have the grandkids at some pottery place today. I tweaked my back last night in bed, but it is filling better now, but I will probably go to the Chiro office tomorrow.

Chessie- Nice looking loco shells and layout.

David
- Excellent looking station.

Willie- I still have a soft spot for the Santa Fe. I remember the gleaming passenger trains and the diesels with the great War Bonnet scheme, also excellent work on your layout. I have never had the nerve to do open grid like that.

Montanan- Great looking scene.

This is my L1 (sound turned off, but not the birds) pulling 11 H21 coal gondolas with loads that I made and a cabin car up my 3% grade. The loco pulled without any issues. Now to just fix the sound. I hope the video works.

th_20151206_140417_zpscehb0vl3.png

I hope everyone has a good night.

Every page has an awesome or inspiring photo. Thank you to all who post your photos.
Phil

The tournament went well. Found out that the company that makes the "bionic" hand is going to donate it and all we need to do is come up with the funds for transportation and housing while Brittany is getting the hand fitted and learns how to use it. Looks like we're over the top with the funds raised today.

Curt - Like the video. Nice to see trains running on your layout. Snooped into your Photobucket and you have some fine photos there.

Here's a photo of "Tschache Oil" named after a friend who's family made a killing in the oil industry in the 30's. I think I'm going to hane to shange out the gas pumps. The old gravity feed pumps were pretty well history by the 50's.

attachment.php

Chet: bowling? Last time threw bowling I threw 178. They told me that was good.
I have no clue.

All these cool pics makes me want to do another video. Ain't nothing you all haven't seen before anyhow. All these feller have me smoked.

The tournament went well. Found out that the company that makes the "bionic" hand is going to donate it and all we need to do is come up with the funds for transportation and housing while Brittany is getting the hand fitted and learns how to use it. Looks like we're over the top with the funds raised today.

Curt - Like the video. Nice to see trains running on your layout. Snooped into your Photobucket and you have some fine photos there.

Here's a photo of "Tschache Oil" named after a friend who's family made a killing in the oil industry in the 30's. I think I'm going to hane to shange out the gas pumps. The old gravity feed pumps were pretty well history by the 50's.

attachment.php

CHET. That's really good news on the fund raising. Don't you dare Shange out the pumps. In my neck of the woods where I grew up .. They were still being used into the 60's at the little country stores off the main highways.
BTW .. That is really cool photo. It's busy with lots of detail.

CURT. I snooped a little too at your "bucket". Congrats on the shelving, good bargain.

Chet: bowling? Last time threw bowling I threw 178. They told me that was good.
I have no clue.

All these cool pics makes me want to do another video. Ain't nothing you all haven't seen before anyhow. All these feller have me smoked.

an hour or so later and I forgot click "post"... aaarrrgg
E.

Sherrel, guess I can live with the gravity pump. I can remember some around when I was growing up.

Time to call it a night. My son and daughter in law came over for supper. Time to go. HAPPY TRAILS

attachment.php

This Tardis travelling gets tiresome, go to sleep and wake up in a different coffee shop. People look the same, but is it really them.

This Tardis travelling gets tiresome, go to sleep and wake up in a different coffee shop. People look the same, but is it really them.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been transformed into an alien replicon from the 8th and a half dimension.

Lucky for me, he ALSO happens to be into trains. "Who" knew? LOL!

attachment.php

EXCELLENT!

Has he got engine trouble or is he showing off a new carburetor?

I like the opportunity scenery gives to create little 'stories' in different areas of a layout!

Well Done!

Back