Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

Good Morning. 28° and sunny in Central Jersey. today is the Second Sunday of Advent, and the Feast of St. Nicholas.

WOO! Ah, thanks, it was chilly hanging around at the gazebo! Bright and COLD, sun is shining but the wind has got a BITE to it today!

Good ole St Nicholas! Folks should read up on the REAL one the coca-cola ads do not show! LOL!

Good Morning all. 45 and partly clear. High for today forecast to be 77 - high yesterday was 82.6.
Well, yesterday I had about 100 things on my list .. today it's already down to 98!
Going to have another cup and get started.

HOLY WAA! I heard Rod Stewart had a train layout and thought people were joking, he's not what springs to mind when I think MRR!

I googled it on a lark and...

SHAZAM! He's got a bit of a 'thing' there, eh? I LIKE the mountainside with the lines across it, gives me ideas for that 30 foot back wall.

KARL- My mistake .. it was TERRY who said the remark about crakerbox tractor.

That last photo you put up of the three "whatchamacallits" on that freight is an awesome photo and really great modeling.

Guess I had better get that third cup.

Good morning, everybody .

Terry .... Thanks for the move. ... I'm not sure what a cracker box tractor is. I do know, old GMC tractor kits are available in 1/87 scale. I'm thinking of getting a White Super Power Tandem Axle tractor for my trailer.

Santa Fe Willie .... I saw your photo on the last page of the prior thread. Nice to see Santa Fe photos here.

Sherrel .... You're up early for CA time.

NG ... Rod Stewart's layout has been in Model Railroader in recent years. Impressive!

Good morning guys. Ran into a roadblock this morning with my track laying. Come to find out it is harder to duplicate a previous track arrangement than it is doing if the first time go. Guess I have some figuring out to do.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

HOLY WAA! I heard Rod Stewart had a train layout and thought people were joking, he's not what springs to mind when I think MRR!

I googled it on a lark and...

SHAZAM! He's got a bit of a 'thing' there, eh? I LIKE the mountainside with the lines across it, gives me ideas for that 30 foot back wall.

Rod Stewart, Neil Young, Roger Daltry, Johnny Cash, Mandy Patinkin, Michael Gross, Tom Snyder, Frank Sinatra...model railroaders all

One word here guys....ARGH!
f4b3703316c1cc080ed4261043afe2c7.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Good morning. A new coffee house today. Great. Not a bad start for the day at 26 degrees.

Last night at my wife's Christmas party, she walked off with a Ninga kitchen center with the food processor, blender and many other goodies. She is a fantastic cook and I can see the possibility a a slight gain of weight in the near future.

Willie - Nice Santa Fe photos yesterday.

New Guy - Thanks for the comments on this photo I posted last night.

attachment.php

You may have gotten the bug. One thing to remember about scenery is that it for the most part can be removed if you don't like it. In recent weeks Eric and Curt both removed scenery to make changes to their layouts. I have also done it numerous times in the past. I'm sure that with your interest you'll get the hang of it in short order.

I have to take off shortly for a local bowling tournament. I was'treally interested because it is what they call a "No Tap" tournament. In this type of tournament, if you get 9 pins on the first ball, it counts as a strike. Not much of a challenge, but it is for a fund raiser. We had a young girl who was involved in an accident a couple of years ago when she got hit by a drunk driver and ended up losing her right hand. The community is raising money to het her a new hand. For this I felt that I had to go. Didn't slow her dawn at all, now she bowls left handed, and does pretty good.

Guess not much work will be done on the layout today. One last parting photo of activity ot the freight station.

attachment.php

Chet: Awesome scene.

There were also some memorable photos toward the end of the previous coffee shop. Great work guys.

KARL- My mistake .. it was TERRY who said the remark about crakerbox tractor.

That last photo you put up of the three "whatchamacallits" on that freight is an awesome photo and really great modeling.

Guess I had better get that third cup.

Good morning, everybody .

Terry .... Thanks for the move. ... I'm not sure what a cracker box tractor is. I do know, old GMC tractor kits are available in 1/87 scale. I'm thinking of getting a White Super Power Tandem Axle tractor for my trailer.

Santa Fe Willie .... I saw your photo on the last page of the prior thread. Nice to see Santa Fe photos here.

Sherrel .... You're up early for CA time.

NG ... Rod Stewart's layout has been in Model Railroader in recent years. Impressive!

http://hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/archer/2002/dec/icl_804.jpg

45 and cloudy here this morning around 0900.
Neighbor and I went over to Walmart right after that.
'Bout time really!! I've been trying to score a ride over there since last Monday!!
My formerly feral cat has figured out what the dookie box is for. The other cat goes outside.
Now that Big Smoke has figured it out, he doesn't ever want to go back outside.
Fortunately I still had some litter around. Today I got a big bag!!
Now if there was way I could get him to bury those logs we'd be much better off.
:eek:
E

Rod Stewart, Neil Young, Roger Daltry, Johnny Cash, Mandy Patinkin, Michael Gross, Tom Snyder, Frank Sinatra...model railroaders all

Of course Walt Disney was a big time model railroader ! .... Also Red Skelton had a train collection.

Everything causes cancer in the state of CA.
Don't tell that plywood warning to the NYC Mayor.
He'd probably ban that as well.
E

Back