Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

Howdy ..

Chet, SHerrel and, Curt .... Thanks to you also regarding the new additions.

David .... I relied to your PM .... It certainly was good hearing from you.,

Eric .... Looks like a nice beach I think as we get older we appreciate sisters more than when we were young.

Good morning. It's mostly clear and 69.

coffee_pot_steaming_hg_wht.gif

Morning. 69 here heading to another day in mid-upper 90s.
I'll head to the grocery now.
I'm seriously out of groceries.
E

Greetings y'all!

Gary, congrats on the new grandsons! A few weeks ago we found out that #2 son and his wife (Who just got married) are expecting. Friday #1 son called to say they are now expecting a child (their 4th). I guess its a drag race from here to see which is born 1st. Both couples have been informed by the Grandmothers that a baby girl is being prayed for. A girl would be nice (we already have 3 grandsons), but a healthy baby is all I ask.

Ken. When you get back are you going to hold a run session soon? (hint, hint)

Eric. Looks like time by the sea was good for you! I myself have a sister I'd like to spend more time with,(at the beach) life just gets in the way.

Last week the PC that ran the layout imploded. All we get on the screen is "GSLMT (or something like that) is full, hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete to restart". We did , no joy.:( I found a Dell Refurbished Dual Core will lots of RAM & Memory online for 149.00 and free shipping with a 1 year warranty so I ordered it. Got it, set it up, installed JMRI and oh snap! :eek: It is a 64 bit machine. JMRI only runs on 32 bit machines!! :( Did some research and found a work around on JMRI's web page, tried it, no joy!:( Just as I was about to box it up, SWMBO sat down,I showed her all the info I had and then I got lost for a bit. About an hour later she called me over and showed me JMRI running on the 64 bit machine!! She figured out that the path to the 1st workaround was not good, so she constructed a new one! Damn I'm glad I married that girl!! ;) I'll send the dead PC Son#1 now, so he can extract my Roster and a few other items from the old hard drive, and put them on a thumb drive.

Well, the lawn needs cutting, we're cat sitting a neighbors kitten and I hear a vacuum cleaner running upstairs,,,better go investigate!:rolleyes:

Good morning Spike Pounders & Ballast Tampers,
Hi Flo how was your day off? Hi Francine, Just some cool Ice Watrer sounds good to me.

Earlier the sky was completely filled with smaller Cumulus Clouds and now it's clear & Sunny! And I was hoping for rain.
WW says: Clear skies at 85.1 °F - Feels Like 85 °F;

Winds are from the West at 4.7 mph;

Hum-i-dity is: 38% & the Barometer reads 38.2.

I happened to find a Samhungsa D&RGW 2-8-2 Brass loco with Dog House tender like the one I have, except painted on ebay being auctioned off so it should be interesting to see what it goes for? There are 12 others watching so maybe the bidding will get interesting?

I'll be heading out into the train room shortly to make a bit more progress.

Have a good day.

Eric. Looks like time by the sea was good for you! I myself have a sister I'd like to spend more time with,(at the beach) life just gets in the way.

Yeah, roger that!. She's my only sister and we haven't seen each other in 25 years. She thinks 26.
As it turns out her, the husband (David) and her kids (twins Morgan and Michael [girl and boy respectively]) go up to the N. GA mountains every year or so. They come up through I-75 - hellfire! that's walking distance to the nearest exit for me. I've never met the kids nor David. I've talked a little on the phone with them all. I just seem to be that long-lost uncle no one ever sees but everyone knows about.

So now we have planned for them to drag me along next time they come by.
I do look forward to that.

Still easing back into "my world" at the moment.
Plugged the trains back up earlier. All is still good. Nice to see them again.
Actually, today was the first day I even got upstairs.

Probably just make the taco stuff I got from the store this morning for supper - whenever I get around to it.
Since I ain't one to ask for favors, I'll probably head up there again tomorrow morning - on the hoof and early - to knock some more off my grocery list. Except for a bag of taters there's nothing really heavy left. Perhaps I can do it one go.
Got a couple phone calls to return in the mean time.
Catch you all later or tomorrow.
E.

Good evening. It's cloudy and 82.
After mowing the lawn this afternoon, I came back inside to the train room, and looked at some of the crap that is decorating my workbench. I took a Stewart U25B body shell and frame, Blomberg trucks from a Genesis F unit, wheels from an MP15AC, and coupler boxes from an Atlas RS11, and assembled them into a pretty good looking Frankendummy. While I have a motor from a Bowser C630, and the Blombergs had gears in them, I had no way to transfer the power to the trucks. I'll keep my eyes open for worm gears and bearings, as well as driveshafts, but I think I have enough motive power laying around that a dummy isn't going to have much of an affect.

10EC87DD-396F-4C91-87F8-1CE035DF9312.png

Terry
Do they take the same worm gears as a BB? If so, I gotcha covered. Then you just need some NWSL driveshaft kits.

Karl, those trucks take the Genesis worms. They are slightly different, though I don't know if they are too different to use. The gears are different in the trucks, and the covers are different. Currently, the U25B is the only non-powered engine I have, but that is about to change with the purchase of a Genesis F3B shell to place on a frame I have in my parts box. One plus to having a dummy engine, it is very easily consisted with any locomotive in my fleet. Speed matching is automatic...

Morning gents.

I'm still recovering from vacation.
A 55 year old guy with a heart problem has no business going to the beach with a 25 year old "hipster" who is plenty full of "young and dumb and full of .....".
Think I'll go back to bed. I have no interest in walking back to the grocery store.
Those 20 or so beers I had yesterday probably didn't help. :cool:
E

Good morning all. Went into the office this morning and really need a cup of coffee this morning. Starting off at 56 degrees today. We had a very pleasant weekend with the temps in the mid 70's for a high.

Got pretty well caught up (for the time being) on our remodeling projects. The plumbing in the kitchen was revamped and simplified. All of the drywall is up in the first bathroom. All sanded and the ceiling has been painted. My daughter in law apparently loves to paint and I was told that I was not to paint the bathroom. She painted the dining room with my wife Saturday. She'll be over today to get that done. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Right now I can't do any railroad work at all. My workbench is piled high with tools for the remodeling and also the computer desk. The floor is also crowded with a compressor, compound miter saw, shop vac and other items. It has become a catch all for keeping everything from being scattered all over the house. I can't even sit down right now at the computer and that's why I wasn't on over the weekend. I'll be heading home in a while and will try to organize thing s bit so I can get into and move around in the room.

I did get to run some trains on Sunday for a change after all of the work was caught up. It was a pleasant retreat from all of the construction going on. Everything still runs smoothly. Spent a few hours switching industries. Wish I had more time to operate.

Chet, next time I go on vacation, I'll just head your way and help you out. I'd probably be less for the wear.
E.

Dam this GA weather! Not quite 0900 hours and humidity already almost 90%.
Highs in to the mid and upper 90s for the next 2 weeks - so the weather-guessers say.

Good morning guys, nice 70 degree day today, we had a couple bouts of high humidity over the weekend but managed to get by without an air conditioner.

Big E--I see you survived your vacation. Time to recuperate.

Chet--Good to hear you are finishing up your construction project. When the tools are all put away, I say, is the best part of the whole thing.

I wish it was finished. Still have to tile the floor and shower area in the first bathroom and put a tile backsplash in the kitchen. When the first bath is done, a floor has to go down in the hallway and then there is the second bath in the master bedroom that has to be gutted and rebuilt and then new floors and paint in the master bedroom.

The tools will remain in the computer room where I have my MRR workbench. I guess I could call this half time. Thanks any way.

...........Chet

I don't have the tools for cutting the tile or I would have done it myself. I could probably rent them but I have a friend who does this for a living, with all of the tools who is going to do this as a side job.

Back