Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good morning.
Do you smell that? That's fresh paint. I love the smell of fresh pint in the morning. It smells like victory.

coffee_pot.jpgcoffee_pot_steaming_hg_wht.gif

Good day gentlemen...

Found this one, at half the price that they go
for on ebay and Amazon, I just had to snap
it up...

Milwaukee Narrow Gauge.jpg

This one, another Milwaukee Road book, was delivered today..
As I've said before, I love a good Milwaukee Road book, but proper
company literature....can't beat it!

A Brief History Milwaukee Road.jpg

This was delivered a few days ago, 500+ pages on American
narrow gauge railroads, state by state and with maps.....love it!
See, it's not always Milwaukee Road, but 99.9% ;):D

American Narrow Gauge Railroads.jpg

I wish you all a most joyful weekend and happy railroading!

Btw, been chitchatting with Louis over the email and he asked me to 'I have not had time for the forum, but if you do tell them all I said hello, I miss them and will most certainly be on soon.', just to let you all know...

Good Morning, Y'all. 71° and overcast, with passing showers. Supposed to clear up tonight.

Welcome to the new place. time sure flies by.

Garry: The Steel Mill looks good. How much approximate space does it take up? I also like the "pre owned" Mill Baldwins.

Curt: Looks good, I presume the towel covers the new "lake".

I'm almost finished with the demolition stage, I'm very fortunate that I "saved" two 2'x8' sections of ½" Homosote from the last build, because I'm going to need it.

have a great weekend.

Hey now, don't you all be dissing the future Mrs. Big E with her luscious legs and skimpy skirt.
No, I'm not talking about Louis. Scary thought I know.
Say howdy to Louis.

I've been out for 4 flights today. Note to self: don't loose your aircraft into the eastern morning sky. You can't see sh.... stuff.
The weather guessers say we may bust 90 today. Too dam hot.
Almost got in a big fight yesterday. Not sure why or how but my Marine buddy had my back and made sure it didn't escalate.
I think I was being accused, once again, of something I never did and I called BS. They couldn't back up the accusations with facts and I stood my ground and it all went down hill from there.
You can't argue with the ignorant so I left.
A couple hours later and all was forgotten like it never happened.
They may forget but I won't.
E.

Howdy ..

We went t town and back. The highway is part of the 400 mile yard sale this weekend along US 68 in KY. Good time to drive defensively because other vehicles make abrupt stops if they see a yard sale. We learned from past years, it is a waste of time to go to the yard sales because it is mostly useless junk we would never want.

This evening is the monthly cruise for old cars in town. We might participate with the 31 year old Porsche which qualifies.

Thanks for additional comments on the steel mill .... The three main buildings are on a section of the layout which is about 2' x 8'. ... The Coke oven is farther down the line on a section which is about 2' x 4' with the main line running on an upper level behind it. ... The coke oven is the Walthers coke oven kit with scratch built structures added. I also scratch built machinery.

steelmillA004.jpg

cokea.jpg

CraneatCokeOven1_zpsa3cc25d6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY, VERY NICE, GARRY!

Hey guys ... Why do we start a new thread at 100 pages, or thereabouts?

Terry- thanks for the coffee. Not strong 'nuff. Brain ain't functioning. see y'all later

Phil

Say, PHIL. I just had a thought!
If we join our semi-colons together, we would have a (W)hole!

Yes, definitely more coffee!

There is a muscle 'tween the esophagus and the stomach that prevents back ups. My cancer mass was just above the muscle and into the second layer of the wall. Could not be removed as such. Surgeon removed the section of esophagus , then reattached the stomach . Still have [w]hole colon
PLEASE- EVERYONE, get a Colonoscopy and Eso scope. Had I had it done even 5 years ago would be better off.
If you're a coffee drinker , the new cleanout meds ain't bad.
Luckily, don't need chemo or radiation.

Phil

Good afternoon Gandy Dancing friends,

Hi Flo & Francine and Terrys' new gal, how are you this morning. The new place looks great, especially with you ladies to dress it up!

Lets see what Wunderground Weather says? Clear skys, [mine are cloudy], 85.8 °F - Feels Like 84 °F, Winds are from the West at 3.7 mph. According to my cell phone yesterday it was supposed to rain today but I can't seem to get the extended forecast on WW. Low and behold it came up, speak of the devil. Well anyway no rain forecast but it's starting to look like it could?

Don't forget to leave a tip for your waitress.

Francine here's a $1.00 for your good service.

I hope we're not going to see YOU in one of those short, skimpy outfits :(:confused:

Yes, that might tend to cause a bit of a mind warp! No offense meant Terry.

Ok, that's gonna leave a mental scar and nightmares!

Yes, it could be bad.

Good Morning, Y'all. 71° and overcast, with passing showers. Supposed to clear up tonight.

Welcome to the new place. time sure flies by.

Garry: The Steel Mill looks good. How much approximate space does it take up? I also like the "pre owned" Mill Baldwins.

Curt: Looks good, I presume the towel covers the new "lake".

I'm almost finished with the demolition stage, I'm very fortunate that I "saved" two 2'x8' sections of ½" Homosote from the last build, because I'm going to need it.

have a great weekend.

Yes, all the prior stuff sure comes in handy, I'm still using some stuff from the old layout too. I did buy enough material to build the, 'L girder table work', but have used many of the old uprights on the new layout and have a fair amount more to do yet.

The weather guessers say we may bust 90 today. Too dam hot.

Almost got in a big fight yesterday. Not sure why or how but my Marine buddy had my back and made sure it didn't escalate.
I think I was being accused, once again, of something I never did and I called BS. They couldn't back up the accusations with facts and I stood my ground and it all went down hill from there.
You can't argue with the ignorant so I left.
A couple hours later and all was forgotten like it never happened.
They may forget but I won't.
E.

Good your Marine buddy had your back, things can get nasty at times, and usually when you least expect it!

Howdy ..

We went t town and back. The highway is part of the 400 mile yard sale this weekend along US 68 in KY. Good time to drive defensively because other vehicles make abrupt stops if they see a yard sale. We learned from past years, it is a waste of time to go to the yard sales because it is mostly useless junk we would never want.

This evening is the monthly cruise for old cars in town. We might participate with the 31 year old Porsche which qualifies.

Thanks for additional comments on the steel mill .... The three main buildings are on a section of the layout which is about 2' x 8'. ... The Coke oven is farther down the line on a section which is about 2' x 4' with the main line running on an upper level behind it. ... The coke oven is the Walthers coke oven kit with scratch built structures added. I also scratch built machinery.

steelmillA004.jpg

cokea.jpg

CraneatCokeOven1_zpsa3cc25d6.jpg

About your trip to town, I always drive defensively, Dad taught me to drive in the open spots as much as possible so you have room to maneuver one way or the other and too always expect the unexpected from the other driver. It's kept me out of a number of accidents and I learned to always take the path of least resistance whenever possible.

Gary, the shots of your layout look very good, you sure have a tremendous number of large buildings all around.

I'm not able to refer back to post under the picture but in one shot of the, (The shot above there was some type of loader it appears to be riding on rails atop a dock and it appears to have some kind of a dump shut to it to load cars or tenders but it seemed rather small compared too other shuts. What is that suppose to be? Also the car with the clam-shell bucket to it is rather unique. Did you make that?

VERY, VERY NICE, GARRY!

Hey guys ... Why do we start a new thread at 100 pages, or thereabouts?

That's a question I've wondered about myself?

Say, PHIL. I just had a thought!
If we join our semi-colons together, we would have a (W)hole!

Yes, definitely more coffee!

I'm confused be the whole thing! LoL

As for starting a new coffee shop, if we let the threads get much longer than a thousand posts, some browsers start doing strange and not so wonderful things.

As for starting a new coffee shop, if we let the threads get much longer than a thousand posts, some browsers start doing strange and not so wonderful things.

Really? I've never heard of that. I just figured it was a hard-coded limitation in the forum software.
1024 happens to be one of those favorite numbers in computer science.

Amazing - no sense of time at all.
I call my landlord several days ago saying I have my rent check and would he mind picking a new water lines for my washing machine. One of them blew out the other day. Thank God I was sitting right here and had it shut off within about 10 seconds.
He literally just now calls me back around 2130 hours on a Sat. night asking if I wanted to ride along to the Home Depot.
I'll bet he shows up in about an hour.
Better not take me up on that bet. I'll likely win.
I've seen him out here cutting grass in the dark using one of the miner's headlights strapped on.
The man has absolutely zero sense of time.
I was going to start cooking some supper but I absolutely hate getting interrupted while eating.
Perhaps he thinks since I live alone and don't have to answer to anyone, that time means nothing to me either.
.... sigh.....
I'll wait an hour then cook.
E.

Back