Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

Morning Dudes!

WEATHER
8 AM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.
2 PM 92 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy; isolated afternoon thunderstorm.
10 PM 82 °F Partly Cloudy Scattered clouds.

LOCAL NEWS
Commuter Train, Freight Train Collide in LA Killing At Least 10
More than 100 injured, at least 80 critical

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=20&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

Bay Area gas prices on the rise
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

"Flo, I'll have the breakfast Maga Bar, and put it on Kens tab he owes me$49.95:D "

Another day and a few lawns to mow. Not to bad today got 4 yards to mow and then come home mow mine and pressure wash the patio and front of the house! and then wash all the equipment and truck!

Steve, most lawn guys Don't pay well! As the old saying goes, "You can't find good help!" Even if you do pay well!!!! Most people HATE this type of work, and only do it at the last resort! This is a dirty, noisy, sweaty, Dangerous, and hard a$$ labor job you can find. There is very few people like me who really enjoy it:D and when my son works with me If he does a great job where I don't have to go behined him to fix mess up's I pay him $10 per hr! If I have to play clean up crew he get's $5 a Hr! Very little down time in this business!:( Even in winter you got work:) So sometime it gets real hard to be happy 24/7 when your tired......as for your mate:confused: Just tell him to pull the stick out of his butt and get some rest!:D

Ray, of course WD-40 kills grass!:rolleyes: go read the lovely poem I wrote in your lawn with it early this morning!:D LOL's

I wonder If Ken's lawn smells like Flo's kitchen yet:rolleyes: at least his eggs won't stick to the lawn:D Jim, his wife will be wondering what the heck happened to the new can of Pam:D ====which brings up a good idea, a teflon coating tough enough to be used on the under side of a mower deck:confused: The guys a Dewpont need to develop this, would be great Idea.

I'm so hurry caned out:( 4 hurry cans in less than a month apart:( If I here about one more rain stealing storm I'll:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey, got's to get ready to mow, see ya this afternoon guys.......:)

Good morning.

I think there's something wrong with weather equipment. It says it's 81 here. We have extremely cloudy skies and a lot of wind. The high today is expected to be around the mid 80's and there's a good chance of thunderstorms.

I got a lot of layout work done yesterday. I finished the plaster pouring in the new area, put a culvert pipe in place and ballasted the new track. I got three Bachmann decoders in the mail yesterday. They'll be going into some locos soon, including my newly built Bachmann/Athearn GP40

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/13/2008

Heat Index: 87°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 79°F
Rain: 0.27"
Rain Rate: 0.08"/h
Gust: 49mph SE

Important Message

Tropical storm wind warning in effect until 10 PM cdt this evening. Flash flood watch in effect through Sunday morning. Tornado watch 900 in effect until 10 AM cdt this morning.
Now through 07:30 AM CDT September 13, 2008

National weather service radar indicates the eye of Hurricane ike is just north of Galveston Bay...or over eastern Harris and western Liberty County. The rainshield of ike continues across all of southeast Texas...where sustained winds of 50 to 70 mph...and gusts up to 80 mph will be common. The rainshield extends across western Louisiana...with heavier rainbands across Cameron...Calcasieu...and Beauregard parishes where the tornado threat will be the greatest within the next couple of hours.

Today High: 82 Tropical storm conditions expected. Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 35 to 45 mph in the morning becoming south and decreasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 55 mph in the morning decreasing to 50 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Breezy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the evening decreasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 20 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 80 percent.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010127.jpg

This was then:
Ken, .......
........ That advice will be $29.95 non refundable;)

...this is now:
"Flo, I'll have the breakfast Maga Bar, and put it on Kens tab he owes me$49.95:D "

Chris I caught you red-handed, your price-gouging!:rolleyes: :D :D (or is it a late fee?) Anyhoo, I'm not going to mow today. I was really just curious to see how you handle mowing in weather situations since you often don't have much choice. The rain will be gone until noon, then it starts up again - just in time so everything will be too wet for me to mow tomorrow either!:mad: I can't take a day off work just to cut grass, I'm already 4 days in-the-hole on vacation time. Now my backyard grass has gotten so tall it just flops over. Oh well I warned my wife about this potential problem before we moved to this property, so it's not my fault!

Jeffrey, glad to see you still got power and Internet where you're at, maybe you escaped the worst of it?

I'm looking at what's happening in eastern Texas and getting a sensation of "this cant really be happening...!?" Galveston has pretty much become a modern-day Atlantis, totally underwater! And so many Galveston residents were too stupid to heed the advice of the authorites to get the hell out while they could, now they'll be carried out in bodybags. Some people never learn I suppose *sigh*. I hope the insurance industry doesn't go bankrupt because of this. I don't see how this place could ever get completely rebuild before the next Big One hits.

Well I gotta go, have a number of errands & honey-dues to dispose of. Then, a trip to MB Kleins to pickup a pair of brass B&O color-position light signals for the layout.

Toodles!

Mornin' everyone!

I have to do a quick round of all the closets and hiding places in the house to finish collecting items for the "Household Hazardous Waste day ta the landfill. Any resident of the county can take listed items to the landfill for recycling or proper disposal at no cost. i am getting rid of a couple of printers and a hard drive, batteries (both large and small) a couple cans of over cleaner that have been sitting under the sink for 20 years and are now looking like they are about to rust through, a bunch of old CFLs and florescent tubes, and a several partly used cans of solvent based paint. I have to be there at 11:30 this morning.

Chris thanks, the roundup just doesn't seem to work! I still have to mow.........:rolleyes: :D

My prayers to all who are near Ike!

Good Morning ! Another rainy day here in Western New York . Were not even close to the rain and destruction that is going on in Galveston and Texas . I was in Galveston and have seen the seawall they built after the loss of live in the great flood of 1900 and can't imagine the amount of water and fury of nature it takes to breach it . My prayers to all who have suffered from Ike's path of destruction . I also would like to take some time out for the people killed and hurt in the California Train Wreck .http://news.aol.com/article/4-kille...a/172531?icid=200100397x1209253070x1200562564 Allot of stuff to digest today . Only hope that we are done for for now. Also hope that the rest of today is a good one !!!! Ray you might have to dodge the rain to do some mowing for now !!

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Today, I'll not let anything bother me, for you see, I am today 63:) . (and Chris is buying everyone lunch and dinner and snacks and...Oh yeah, my yard needs edging :D. )

Jim: So, if I own a grocery store and my supply of bread is running out, I should start increasing my prices? That's gouging! (Oops! I guess that is supply and demand.)

More light hearted: On the news yesterday, a B'ham women was interviewed at a gas station that wanted to limit fill-ups to 10 gallons. She said that it wouldn't work for her, because her Dad was a preacher in a distant town and she had to drive there every Sunday for church.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ray you might have to dodge the rain to do some mowing for now !!

Nah, let it grow. Just got back from the landfill. These guys, Casella, have it down well. I was in line less than 5 minutes and there were 10 vehicles ahead of me. You would not believe the pile of paint cans and chemicals they have already and they have 5 or so more hours to go. I is already about 5' high 6 or 7 feet wide and 30' long. As long as I had the truck fired up, I stopped at a Mennonite Landscaping center right on the road I was on and picked up a couple bags of topsoil mixed with Moo Poo. I filled some holes that have been created as the main roots of an old Maple tree that was removed 20+ years ago have finally rotted.

Right now in the Finger Lakes 75°F with a high of 72°........ Well that what it says on Weather.com........ Humidity is around 120%. At least that's what it feels like.

Chris Well i'll have a big steak, nice and bloody,,, cheers
Rex63 today, Have a great birthday friend, Chris,,, get the drinks in sharpish, your slacking in the yard and were thirsty

Glad to hear that Jeffrey. Makes me thankful to live in a place where we don't get those extreme storms.

Evening guys'

It was a hot one today, we got a brief shower not enough to warent turning off the irrigation today. The past 3 hurry can'ts did noting but take our rain away!:mad: I got my yards done plus got my chores around the house done! Tomarrow plan to work on my FIL trailer that he lent me. By the time he get's it back it will be like new....LOL's

Steve, you like your steaks like I do.............Still kicking;) Like my dad use to say, "just wack the cow over the head holded it over a match for 3 sec. and smoother it in A-1 sauce!"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Rex, nice try even though it's your B day......I'm not edging your yard;) unless there some serious green backs involved!
BTW: happy B day REX:D I have a cold Amber bock waiting fer ya! but if ya wait to long I'll drink it;)

ken, "prices and schedules subject to change with out warning!";) It's $149.95 now! or order a apple pie ala mode and cup of coffee for me and we'll call it even;) :D

Ray, your going to force me to show you how to mix and apply round up!LOL's

I havent been in for a while, has Flo raised the prices? Any way, my grand father passed away last week, and has left me with his entire American Flyer collection. However, my sister, in her ingnorance and arogance, has since allowed her three yr old son to play with them and run all over the layout. when i saw the condition of them I think i was as if not more upset than the passing of my grandfather. so I'm heading up there tommorow to salvage whats left. I have wanted nothing more than these trains since i was a child, and to see them ruined by disrespect and a kid that is totaly out of control. I must say, though, that they all needed going over anyway, and I was going to convert them to DC can motors anyway. I have heard this lowers the value of them, but I would really like to run them on a layout, so thats that! any way, I appriciate ya'll hearing me out here as no one else seems to understand why I was so upset about the condition of the trains.

09-14-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

WEATHER

8 AM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.
2 PM 92 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy; isolated afternoon thunderstorm.
10 PM 82 °F Partly Cloudy Scattered clouds
Humidity 90%, Rain chance 20%

LOCAL NEWS

Bay Area gas prices on the rise (Gouging):mad:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

"Flo, I'll have the same! Breakfast Maga Bar:D and Coffee!"

Well it going to be a hot and huimd day, and yet I will willingly be in it fixing the trailer:eek: I have plenty of cold beer on ice to aid in getting the job done:D

Wow Chris that's worse than anything I've seen around here (MD)! Is there something similar to the Darwin Award that can be applied to stupid businessmen? Those idiots try to make a few extra bucks from a temporary crisis, but they do permanent damage to their reputation among the local customers that help them stay in business.

Glad to see that Ike passed to the East of Houston and the wave surge wasn't as bad as expected. Earlier Saturday morning, some guy sitting across from me in the Jiffy Lube waiting room was saying that Houston had been totally wiped out, including both stadiums and the Johnson Space Flight Center (JSFC). That statement had me especially upset because my employer depends on NASA for 90% of our work. I didn't want to see NASA cancel some of our spacecraft programs to divert money to rebuild JSFC. I can fine do without fearmongers and dumenglumers like him...!:mad:

Not much happenning around here this morning. The threatened rain never showed up, so now I can finally cut the grass - I'm looking forward to being able to see out my windows again! Maybe later today I'll finish decaling a pair of TTX doublestacks, then run a few trains.

Mornin' everyone!

So far bright, sunny, and warm here in the Finger lakes this morning. Currently 82°F with a predicted high of 86°. Tomorrow it won't even reach 70° with a few showers. Looks like Ike is going to stay to the west of this area.

I guess my BIL is still hospitalized so I am going to try to get up to see him today. I need to pick some green beans and peppers from the garden. May get to do some scenery on the layout as well.

Hope you all have a great day.

Evening everyone, I got the trailer almost done! I finished the light's wiring, painted it and put Dot2 Reflective tape around it. All I got left is to replace two more tires and some floor boards! It still will need more work but for now i'm Happy with it........ Now I just can't let my FIL see it:( He'll want it back!:mad: No rain Just hot and humid, I might need to wash the truck;) !

Now, I'm enjoying my Ice cold frosty Michelob AmberBock and I'm happy:D :D :D Could go for a nice juice steak to go with it!

Ken, I just got 20 gallons of gas for my truck! Cost me $75, I still need 12 gallons more to fill the tank:eek: The price's jumped 12-15 cents per gallon over nite in my neck of the woods:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ray, I hpoe your BIL gets better! also I wish the soil in my area was good for gardening, All I got is Beach sand for soil!

The only severe storm damage that my parents had from the storm was a thirty + foot tall willow got blown over onto a wood bridge going to an island behind their property. From what I can see the railing on the left side of the bridge is smashed. Whether or not the deck is comprimised we don't know yet.

Evenin' all!

Went over to Canandaigua this afternoon to see my BIL (BTW, thanks Chris). He may be sent home tomorrow. My SIL from California bought a one way ticket back home and will be caring for him for a while. Says she may decide she has had enough out there and move back here permanently. My BIL looks like death warmed over at the moment but hopefully if he follows Drs. directions he may be around for a while longer. So between all the family members, he will get some help doing things.

Looking at the forecast for the Finger Lakes for tonight, winds will be from the SSW between 25 and 40 MPH with gusts over 50. May have some free wood for next year............. I just hope the neighbors trees don't end up coming down on my vehicles! The remains of Ike will be passing to the North of us overnight. Most just the wind but some rain at times.

Picked well over a gallon bag of (pole) green beans this afternoon so if the power stays on tomorrow, I will be doing some more canning. Brought in another ripe pepper and a small zucchini squash as well. Chris the soil in my garden started off as heavy clay 25 years ago. Every year I have worked in green waste from the kitchen and supplemented with peat moss, and cow manure. This fall I think I will lime it as productivity has fallen the last couple of years.

Have a good evening.

Back