My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

Hey guys,
Here are some pics of some buildings I received from a generous donor from this forum. I need to do some painting and a little repair but I think they will look great.

Thanks
Scott

new build 1.jpgnew build 2.jpgnew build 3.jpgnew build 4.jpg

I couldn't tell from the pics but just wanted to remind you of something. You are using a foam layer on top of your table. That is easy to sculpt scenery below the railroad as well as stack on top to have different looks. Something you may want to try before you get to far into the scenery process. Just an FYI thingy...looking good so far. Keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have foam on top. It has helped in deciding what to do with scenery. I am working on a stream and pond area and have a few more ideas. Everytime I go out and look at it, I always see a new idea. Thanks a lot

Scott

I everyone,
I have not posted on the layout for a little while, so I thought I would give an update. I have been working on the water for the pond/stream area and incorperating it into a park like setting. Overall that has been it so far. I have ground cover down in the park area but no trees yet, still working on what to for trees in this area. Once the water is all done, I should be able to glue down the track and start wiring it. I will post some pics of the park area sometime this week. It won't be complete but will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks again
Scott

Hey Scott,

I know what you mean about "new ideas", that is why I have not yet full fastened my track down, I keep changing my mind and my track plan.

Glad to hear you are still making progress.

Thanks for the update.

I have no idea why this didn't show up on my feed - I have it subscribed! Will try some things to keep getting updates.

I like the look of the layout! A small stream will really fill it in nicely. A small water feature can go a long way in creating a nice scene in a layout. Doesn't take much work, but makes a great difference.

Layout looks good! Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks guys,
I am hopefully going to glue track down this week if I can get the courage to do it. The stream and pond area has made a big difference on the layout. I still need trees and some picnic tables for that area. I move stuff around to see if I like the placement of the buildings and then I change them back. I guess thats part of the fun is that you can do whatever you want and be happy with it. Will have some new pics this week some time. Thanks again.

Scott

Layout looks great Scott, your progress is coming along nicely. It's amazing how a little ground cover can make the layout come to life!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. I move stuff around to see if I like the placement of the buildings and then I change them back. I guess thats part of the fun is that you can do whatever you want and be happy with it.

Scott

You hit the nail square on the head here. Great to see your progress!!!!

lasm

Thanks guys,
It's funny when you move a building to a different spot or just change the position, how it changes the view on the layout. Sometimes you change it and you don't like it at all. I guess that's what happens when you look at it from all angles. What I have been doing is getting down at eye level and looking at the different areas to see if the scene looks real or not. I know it's not going to look like real life but trying to get close is fun. My wife told me the other day, that the layout looks better than she thought it would. She wasn't trying to be mean or anything, she knows I am not the most craftiest guy in town. She actually likes it. Just trying to do the best I can with what limited skills and supplies I have. Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Scott

Hey guys,
I have some pics from the park scene on the layout. I finally finished the water, I think it came out ok. Check them out and let me know what you think. The scene is not done yet. I need trees and picnick tables and a few other things.park 1.jpgpark 2.jpgpark 3.jpgpark 4.jpg

Back