Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

This area of the layout is now 95% complete (except for track weathering and flag station area). The bridge tracks have been wired, tracks ballasted and scenery done.
The deceiving part of this area is once the covered bridge structure is installed, we no longer see the scenery in the back of it (picture 1 and 2).

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG

There is more detail in just one of these scenes than in all of my past layouts combined!

Any plans to hit the rails with some brown to take the "new" off of them?

There is more detail in just one of these scenes than in all of my past layouts combined!

Any plans to hit the rails with some brown to take the "new" off of them?

Thanks everyone, it's been fun working in this area of the layout. Both bridges and scenery took about 5-6 months, like Lynn said "One step at a time" Now I need to work on my wiring, unless someone wants to come and help...lol.

Yes tdipaul, the tracks have been painted this week and the weathering of the track and ballast will be later when the entire section is done with.

2022 as started.

I'm working on a retaining wall which will have concrete slabs between I beams and measures 8' long by 4" high.
It will have rock formation on top.

I also started work on the Boilermakers brewery which will represent the first Molson Brewery of 1786 which was converted into a museum.

I will also be working on a Faller Car System without the Faller Car System (if that makes any sense) for 1/6 the cost.
The plan is done and the parts have been ordered.

This will be a very busy year on the layout.

Also in the planning, Wi-Fi cameras all over the layout (about 10) and Tablets for control panels.

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

index.jpg

IMG_4117.JPG

Back