Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

I can now say that the prototypical Contoocook covered bridge is DONE.
I just finish installing all the knee braces to the ceiling and also did the wooden guard rail with spikes (I think that's how you call them) and finish the utility box inside the bridge.
Next step is to work on the scenery.

IMG_3911.JPG

IMG_3910.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

Lloyd - Very nice model of a rare covered railroad bridge. Those guard rails seem a little far from the running rails, or is it just the picture angle?

Lloyd: Nice job on your service station model. Too bad you don't have room for it on your layout, I have the perfect spot on my new expansion arae when it starts! Again, great modeling.

Greg

Another day, another finish item. I completed my low trestle today by doing some weathering but especially adding an electric conduit a and two phone cables with clips and also weathered.
I also finished painting the cliffs which we wont see much of because of the covered bridge being in front of it. On the right, will be falls and between the two bridge will be another small falls.

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

2021-09-17 23-30-24 (B,Radius18,Smoothing10).jpg

LLOYD, The way the background mural blends in with your work is nothing short of masterful!

That is detail on a bridge/trestle that we hardly see - splendid work!
Thanks Sherrel, I saw conduits on a trestle here in Ontario and said he! why not try.
Yes, the autumn backdrop really fits well with the scenery. Really it's the opposite, the scenery fits well with the backdrop. I installed the backdrop first and scenery came second. BUT, the inserted sky through Luminar4 software really enhances the moment.

Back