Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Lloyd - Looking good. You're making some good progress. Hate to hear that you are leaving. I hope that you have a change of heart, as I don't do Facebook and rarely have time to visit blogs or other forums. I would be encouraged more by the number of views, rather than discouraged by the lack of comments.
Thanks for sharing.

Willie
I wanted to say the same thing that Willy said. If there are a lot of hits and few questions then everything is explained well or too confusing for any questions. I go by the hits rather than the comments myself unless I start a conversation with somebody. Pete

I wanted to say the same thing that Willy said. If there are a lot of hits and few questions then everything is explained well or too confusing for any questions. I go by the hits rather than the comments myself unless I start a conversation with somebody. Pete
Number of hits, likes are great, but I personally like to see comments as I'm learning and need feedback and I like answering questions if any, because that is how I learned, asking questions to people's posts. Now that I'm back working on the layout, I will restart posting on my MHO Junction Facebook page 1-2 a week like I was doing and will try to do more videos on YouTube.

Number of hits, likes are great, but I personally like to see comments as I'm learning and need feedback and I like answering questions if any, because that is how I learned, asking questions to people's posts. Now that I'm back working on the layout, I will restart posting on my MHO Junction Facebook page 1-2 a week like I was doing and will try to do more videos on YouTube.
Excellent news, but please keep posting here as well. Many of us don't do Facebook.

Your videos are super. You always show the tiny things that make the project better. I've already learned a lot from them. I'm hoping for some detailed electrical work too. That's my biggest trouble spot. My comment on what your doing would be about the framing. You seem to build much heavier than I do but I don't know the weight of the things that you're building. Your industries look great and you do take a lot of time to do the details and that helps a lot. Makes things look more complete. I don't know how you can build all the structures as fast as it seems. Takes me forever to get even one building done. Most of my stuff is scratch built from scraps of wood I pick up here and there. Big thunder storm here right now so I'm outa here for the moment.

Another section of the layout completely wired. Even though wiring is at the bottom of my list, doing a little bit every day makes for the trains to run smoothly.

I use Facebook ONLY for trains, Been using it for 4-5 years and NEVER had a problem, NEVER had spam or messages. BUT to each their own.

Your videos are super. You always show the tiny things that make the project better. I've already learned a lot from them. I'm hoping for some detailed electrical work too. That's my biggest trouble spot. My comment on what your doing would be about the framing. You seem to build much heavier than I do but I don't know the weight of the things that you're building. Your industries look great and you do take a lot of time to do the details and that helps a lot. Makes things look more complete. I don't know how you can build all the structures as fast as it seems. Takes me forever to get even one building done. Most of my stuff is scratch built from scraps of wood I pick up here and there. Big thunder storm here right now so I'm outa here for the moment.

Thanks, I do love the details, but when it comes to electrical, I need all the help I can get. When it comes to scratch buildings, it takes lots of time. Like the covered bridge I did, it took almost 6 months (on and off). The Brewery building I started 4 years ago is only 1/2 done, but it does measure 7' x 7' diagonally and I keep finding things to do (rabbit holes).

IMG_E4359.JPG

Your way in front of me, and I really have nothing to add, I simply enjoy watching your work.

Back