Haloween Weekend photofun 31Oct-2Nov

P1010242.jpg

Fantastic work everyone!!
Here is something new that I just finished. I haven't decided if I am going to weather this one or not. If I do it wil get the NS treatment though.
IMG_1268-1.jpg

IMG_1269-1.jpg

New on the property

DSC05001.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

the real thing:

DSC04713.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

The C&A only has those 2 units in it's paint scheme, the other few are in Railtex colors...

Those are chopped-nose AHM GH-18's posing as GP7's. if you look very closely on both the models and the real units you can just barely make out the old "Santa Fe" lettering that has long since been painted over...

might be able to post some pics tomorrow of the 2 Genesis SD70M's in NYSW and Kato SD70Mac undecorated I picked up today for $280.

I've been working on my SDP40F for the past couple of hours. Keep in mind this is an old Athearn BB loco. Let's see how keen your powers of observation are. Anybody notice anything about it?

P1010246.jpg

Partially correct. It's been refitted with a new motor with screw mounts and hex flywheels as well as hex shafts and new delrin worms. It also has new nickel silver wheels. The BB contact strip is still in place because the unit has not yet been converted to DCC.

I took them from an AC4400 (RTR) that has given me no end of truck problems. If I can't run it then it's not doing me any good, so I scrapped it.

there ya go! you should cut up the body and put various pieces on a flat car like this:

4567.1217541722.jpg

2654.1217541812.jpg

I did that with a -8 that was problematic... I just haven't chained down or weathered the spare parts...

btw, you wouldn't happen to have a scrapped SD-60 wouldya? Mine had a painting disaster and is not stripping very welll...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back