Haloween Weekend photofun 31Oct-2Nov

Hi all: Happy Halloween! John: Great shots, esp. that tunnel scene, outstanding!
John P: Yep, details are important, nice bumpers.
Jeffrey: Still a nice scene.
I installed my first, (operating) switch stand this week. Now I know why so many modelers use dummys!

P1020600.jpg

P1020605.jpg

those are some nice shots. Makes me wonder what has happened to all of PRR's SD45'S.

Nice pics so far. You got a bargain Steve !
It was pointed out to me that a crane would not be used to unload a lowloader, it would be more likely unloaded down a track ramp. This caused a fair amount of thinking as there was no room at the end of any line. But if "Springhead Steam Railway" was serious about restoration they needed to make the outlay. Then in flash of inspiration they sussed out where it could go.

As the ramp would not be in regular use I didnt see the need to purchase a point.So I made a cosmetic one from some old rail, the through line to the shed is unaffected.

construction.jpg

The rail was elevated using some stout timbers (balsa)

construction1.jpg

Then sprayed sleeper grime and lost in some cinders.

Line in the story continues.

The wagon had to be turned then reversed up to the ramp

unload.jpg

unload1.jpg

Bill was then given the job of hauling it off in the 08 (easy does it Bill)

unload2.jpg

Then a push towards the shed

unload3.jpg

unload4.jpg

Job done with a bit of time to do some spotting on the mainline

MOVE.jpg

MOVE1.jpg

John
Great shots!

John P
Nice looking bumpers!

Jeffery
Neat shot of the old steamer!

Gramps
Awesome photos! Great looking switch stand and loco, and cars, and scene…..

Steve B
Cool proto shot!

Selector
Neat shot and effect!

Jeffery
Nice looking loco and gondola!

Steve B
Neat show pics!

Imackattack
Cool night shots!

John
Great series of shots!

Hi all: Great work, everyone. Tom, love the reefers! I got another switch stand installed and operating. I really like seeing the targets move when the switch is thrown.

P1020630.jpg

Nice tarp John , looks real to me . Got a couple quick ones
GE repair shop
gesupply.png

roof top workers spreading new gravel
rooftop.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Some recent work. These are from Como on the C&S, on the left is the dispachers office, center is the Pacific Hotel which was located right on the tracks and on the right is the depot. All are modeled circa 1912 and are scratch except for some modified Grant Line and Tichey windows/doors. O scale.

Next up is nearly 9 feet of background buildings. The large brick warehouse in the center is old Downtown Deco kit, rest of the buildings are scratch built. These are set in the 1950's in Virginia on a N&W layout. Right hand buildings are still being detailed for delivery this weekend. O scale.

Last up is a large stamp mill which was at the 28th National Narrow Gauge Convention in Portland in September. It is patterned after the Pro Patia Mill in Rico on the RGS but was modified to fit the clients layout. This piece is 28" high, 24" wide and 25" deep. The shingles on the roof were all hand applied. Only comercial parts used were the windows/doors which are Tichy. There is interior detail in the covered loading dock and also in the upper tram house. Construction time was 115 hours. O scale.

Nice Job John, thats a very good video. I got a VT 57 for Rob, we have a dead VT HST that this is going to pull, i was wondering how to fit a connector and remembered you did this to your, after pages of searching your Photobucket i found it !!! :), that's today's job sorted out.

Nice Job John, thats a very good video. I got a VT 57 for Rob, we have a dead VT HST that this is going to pull, i was wondering how to fit a connector and remembered you did this to your, after pages of searching your Photobucket i found it !!! :), that's today's job sorted out.

glad to be off help, especially as it involved no effort on my part !!:D Looking forward to a video of said rescue ???

John
RJR

Went for a double tracking project instead, i was getting fed up with the arguments between the boy's, who drives what longest and all that, anyway they each have a track of there own now.

a few over views

I'm blown away by the great modeling I've seen here this weekend. Fantastic images ! Here's a few layout overview pictures. More next weekend
PBoverview006.png

PBoverview004.png

PBoverview001.png

Back