Haloween Weekend photofun 31Oct-2Nov

Update from RJR Branch Lines

Having put the camera down long enough to do some modelling, the most noticeable change is a remedy to an oversight I made, how did that tender get behind the shed?? New door added !!! One of their other projects can now also be seen, a pug at the back...

newbackdoor1.jpg

Round back, the new door again, ropes holding the tarpaulin on and a couple of puddles on its top. Reception portakabin painted green and signs added.

newbackdoor.jpg

Finally the tender has received some scarp yard chalk markings along with the loco, which has also lost some drive linkages.

newbackdoor2.jpg

And Finally my favourite shot of the week

nightDMU2.jpg

John
RJR

Wow, it is Halloween already. It feels weird staying up so late... Anyways, great shots John!

Excellent atmosphere in that picture of the railcar emerging from the tunnel! Very nice.

Small but necessary stuff: I put in a couple of track bumpers. They're Tomar models, but I unsoldered them from the 2-inch track they came on and soldered them down to our rails, then added paint and weeds. I like weeds. But oops, need to cut a rail gap or we'll need horses to move the cars!

Hi all: Happy Halloween! John: Great shots, esp. that tunnel scene, outstanding!
John P: Yep, details are important, nice bumpers.
Jeffrey: Still a nice scene.
I installed my first, (operating) switch stand this week. Now I know why so many modelers use dummys!

P1020600.jpg

P1020605.jpg

John, nice view into your engine house. That blue tarp really came out well, especially with the water puddles.

John P., good job on the track bumpers. Mine consist of a pile of ties buried in earth because my impoverished short line is too poor to buy fancy ones like yours. :)

Jeffrey, that poor old steamer always looks so pathetic. :)

Gramps, that switch stand does look really nice but I can see from the linkage it must have been a bear to install. What company makes the switch stands?

And many years ago this was 76088 working hard as seen at the top on john's Railway Transporter

10-08-07005v3.jpg

Wonderful start to the weekend parade of images, Gents.

I am experimenting with a photo management software to get an "old colour" photo look. I have also been weathering trains, as some of you may notice. Additionally, oily water has collected in the central pit of the turntable ever since heavy overnight rains. :D

IMG_3692csharpadjres.png

Crandell, nice look in that photo. I like the oily water look in the pit. That train sure has plenty of power to get over the hill. :)

Thanks, Jim, for your vote. I am torn about this little foray into uncharted territory. I expect to get some negative feedback here and "there". Ah, what the heck, it costs nothing, and it is entertainment. Here is a different version of the same image.

IMG_3692csharpadj2r.png

Lucky me! My friend who is helping install my Tsunami again, just happens to have the PTB-1000 to program it! So, after installation and programming tomorrow, I'll post some video for y'all!:D

Hi Crandell: I like the weathering you've been doing and you did a great job on your tt. And, like you, I've also been experimenting with effects. Just out of curiosity, what program are you using? I've been exploring Picasa and PhotoBucket's effects. Here's a PhotoBucket old photo effect I just found.

P1020598-1.jpg

Hey, that's really cool, DJ. Shows I don't get around much...I haven't even noticed that photobucket offers that kind of processing. I haven't learned about picasa, although I may have read its name in a list somewhere.

I have been using FastStone. I doesn't have any effects that I have found except sharpening images, sepia, masks, and the usual B&W and colour enhancing functions (saturation, gamma, hue, rgb, contrast, brightness..) It is in sliding the colour enhancement functions right and left that I have found how to get what my eyes tell me is an old look...you know...lots of contrast, fading, bluing...

The effect you have above is very good...old B&W image. :)

-Crandell

P.S. - Oops...in all the excitement over imagery, I forgot to say to you earlier that I really like what you achieved with the switch stand. Looks really good, and I can tell is was a bear. Did you have a BP cuff nearby?

Look out! Steve has a plan.....Run!

I can't wait to get something going to Shoot, I have so many Ideas(Track plan wise) and not enough cash to get it started. Thus I'm stuck in armchair mode........BTW I love all the pic's everyone has done! I always thought that the Railfan type photo should match the era of the layout!..... Like a 1930's layout should only be done in B&W and a 1970's layout should be in color! I think that helps set the mood of the photo!

Bolton MR show

California
pics003.jpg

Alberta
pics018-1.jpg

Military kit builders display
pics013.jpg

£30 bargain, and it's fast
pics025v2.jpg

Home made interlocking tower control
pics017-1.jpg

A very well built brick building, pity about the camera shake