Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say Rex,
That sounds like a one hell of a problem you've got. How about using a multi-position lader that can extent out at about a 90* angle to enable you to get over to the fixture?
Yeah, those ladders can be handy...but expensive for only a now-and-then use. I managed to get a couple of 6 foot ladders on each side and put a 2x12 through the steps. Worked pretty good, but I found some 66 y.o. leg muscles that I didn't know I had...OUCH! LOL:D

On the modeling side: I finished the sound decoder installations on the two H16 Baby Trainmasters. A lot of work was needed for the fit, but everything finally came together. The QSI Titan is a remarkable decoder. Almost every sound of the many included is adjustable, as are all the ten light outputs. Of course, I don't need but the front and rear lights, but for those of you with modern units that have ditch lights, beacons, Mars, and etc., you can have ramp up/down intensities from near off to bright and back and forth, frequency, blink and time rate, and many more. The advanced motor control (PID) is very easy to adjust, taking only about 15 minutes. This is so much better than the Tsunami adjustment that can take hours. The sounds are excellent with good volume and depth, but of course this will depend on your speaker and installation. Many special effects. Check it out before your next sound installation by going to the QSI solutions site and download the PDF manual for "Reference Manual for all QSI decoders". http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/QuantumDCCRefManual_5_0_2.pdf
BTW: the decoder is loaded with CV's that have primary and secondary indexing. DecoderPro (or equiv) will make these a simple slider type programming interface that you slide to value and enter. (You don't have to know beans about indexing parameters.):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well fellas, though I'd drop in and let yall know what's been going on with me.

This past Mon I was downstairs working on a model at the workbench, and found myself on the floor. I had passed out or something, didn't know how long I was there, and got my wife to take me to the emergency room. I was admitted and they started a battery of tests to see what was wrong. Still not sure what they found, but I may have a seizure disorder on top of my other problems. They did seem to think that the lesion in my brain from a light stroke, I had in 2008 was larger and that may be my prime trouble. It could possibly explain the "seizures" I am currently having.

I was supposed to come home yesterday, but while I was up and walking, I collapsed again. But it was in full view of the dr's and nurses on the unit and I was put back in bed. One of the Nurses asked me what happened, and I honestly had to tell her, I didn't know, as I wasn't there!:rolleyes: I was on strict bedrest with orders not to get up at all. That was a bummer!

Result was I got to spend an extra night in there and left this morning with orders to go see my regular neurologist for additional tests and treatment. I can see me being admitted for another round of tests again next week.

Only thing I know is that since I had 2 episodes in one week, they have put me on an anti-seizure drug, to try to prevent another episode, and they have , according to state law, contacted the Dept of Public Safety, and have had my driving license suspended for 6 months!

I'm now on different meds for my RSD pain, blood pressure and of course the anti seizure drugs.

I feel really poorly and I think that my railroading has been suspended as well for a time, we'll just have to see.:mad:
Right now I think that I'm going to go and try to take a nap, as everyone knows, you can't get any rest in an hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex!
Dude, I know how you feel! After my recent stroke, it was a PIA to get my license back, but listen to the Dr's , ogle the nurses, take your pills and you too will get better. At least, that's the plan;) It worked for me!:D
I'll put you on the prayer list my friend!:) Keep us posted please!

Good afternoon all,
Just a lazy Sat here and it's sunny and warm.

Weather Underground, [odd name] says this for today:
Sunny now & Clear
Temperature 74.8 °F
Feels Like 77 °F

Wind(mph) 3.1

Sunrise / Set 6:16 AM 7:38 PM

Moon - Waning Crescent

More Astronomy

Tonight Clear 61 °F

working on a model at the workbench, and found myself on the floor. I had passed out or something, didn't know how long I was there,
Been there and done that! Six times in one week due to an interaction between Actos and my diabetes medication. Needless to say I don't take Actos anymore but I do still have the occasional black-out due to sugar crashes. But man! While I was on that Actos I could eat a BIG bowl ofr rice and a BIG bag of popcorn and still have a crash in the 30's!

Time for me to call it a night. Storms are slamming through here one after the other. Went to my parents place earlier and fixed my mothers evening meal for her then made sure she got to bed OK. After that I was headed home. I had parked my van in the south driveway. From there it's downhill to the house. That also means it's UPHILL from the house to the van. Add to that it was pouring rain when I left. At least I got my hair washed!

See y'all tomorrow.

P1010776.jpg

CJ take it easy Rex is not ready to lose a operations pal and neither are we ready to lose a felloe model RR'er

CJ,

Sorry to hear about your latest round of illness! Hope the Docs get you straightened out er feeling better soon! LOL

Jeffery,

If you are getting storms tonight, I'll probably have them sometime tomorrow. Guess I'll have to batten down the hatches and plan some MR time!

Glenn

Well fellas, though I'd drop in and let yall know what's been going on with me.

This past Mon I was downstairs working on a model at the workbench, and found myself on the floor. I had passed out or something, didn't know how long I was there, and got my wife to take me to the emergency room. I was admitted and they started a battery of tests to see what was wrong. Still not sure what they found, but I may have a seizure disorder on top of my other problems. They did seem to think that the lesion in my brain from a light stroke, I had in 2008 was larger and that may be my prime trouble. It could possibly explain the "seizures" I am currently having.

I was supposed to come home yesterday, but while I was up and walking, I collapsed again. But it was in full view of the dr's and nurses on the unit and I was put back in bed. One of the Nurses asked me what happened, and I honestly had to tell her, I didn't know, as I wasn't there!:rolleyes: I was on strict bedrest with orders not to get up at all. That was a bummer!

Result was I got to spend an extra night in there and left this morning with orders to go see my regular neurologist for additional tests and treatment. I can see me being admitted for another round of tests again next week.

Only thing I know is that since I had 2 episodes in one week, they have put me on an anti-seizure drug, to try to prevent another episode, and they have , according to state law, contacted the Dept of Public Safety, and have had my driving license suspended for 6 months!

I'm now on different meds for my RSD pain, blood pressure and of course the anti seizure drugs.

I feel really poorly and I think that my railroading has been suspended as well for a time, we'll just have to see.:mad:
Right now I think that I'm going to go and try to take a nap, as everyone knows, you can't get any rest in an hospital.

Say Carey,
Have you ever looked into, 'Nattokinase'? I prefer the 'NOW Brand' it's a natural enzyme that gets into the veins and Arteries and rids your circularatory system of all harmful junk as well as being a bit of a blood thinner so by all means check with your doctor as your already taking a blood thinner and don't want it to get too thin. I think better blood flow would help any tendencies you might have toward Seisures, but do some web invistigating.

The site I got a lot of this info from was, HSI Health Science Institute if you want to invistage further.

Best of luck,

David

Rex!
Dude, I know how you feel! After my recent stroke, it was a PIA to get my license back, but listen to the Dr's , ogle the nurses, take your pills and you too will get better. At least, that's the plan;) It worked for me!:D
I'll put you on the prayer list my friend!:) Keep us posted please!
:eek: Not me!!! You mean Carey.
I know, you were just thinking about me and made a typo. How sweet...kissy-kissy! (Yuk! spit! puke!:D:D)

Fellows, don't worry too much about CJ. If we just keep him in conversation about trains, he will forget all about being sick. I honestly believe this is one guy whose best medicine is model railroading.

:eek: Not me!!! You mean Carey.
I know, you were just thinking about me and made a typo. How sweet...kissy-kissy! (Yuk! spit! puke!:D:D)

Fellows, don't worry too much about CJ. If we just keep him in conversation about trains, he will forget all about being sick. I honestly believe this is one guy whose best medicine is model railroading.

OOOOOOppss!!! Yech!! Spit spit gonna wash out my mouth with gasoline!!!

man, wrong wrong wrong!!:eek:.

Sorry bout that Rex,, your right, I meant Carey,,,,,duh!:eek::eek::eek:

Good morning. It's 51° here. Mostly cloudy with an isolated shower or two. The high will be 70° and clearing to partly cloudy.

No plans for today except maybe to go back to bed.

P1010770.jpg

Good morning. It's murky and 53.
Carey, be careful with that passing out stuff, we don't want you checking out on us. One of my friends had that happen, and it turned out it was a combination of his blood pressure medicine and a blood sugar problem. If you do pass out again, try to land on the floor instead of the layout...:rolleyes:
I think my lawn mower problem is fixed.
It seemed like a good idea at the time. Replace the 1998 model Craftsman riding lawn mower with a new model, so I wouldn't have to futz with it every time I wanted to mow the yard. So, I went out to Home Despot and bought a new Cub Cadet tractor. Then the fun started. I used it three times, and every time I used it, something broke. First, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Okay, that isn't really anybody's fault, you sometimes get one bad out of the chute. It was a simple return and replacement. Next, The brake pedal wouldn't come back up when you pushed it, and had to lift it up with your foot. I called and was told to bring it in in the next couple of weeks for repair. Last Saturday, the transmission, which had always been hard to change from forward to reverse, started making noises like an antique Bachmann F unit with a couple of missing teeth. I loaded it up and took it over to HD, and dropped it off for repair.
I called them Thursday to find out how the repair was going, and found out it hadn't even been sent out yet. After some intense questioning, I finally found out they were "going through a transition" and didn't even HAVE a place to send it. They suggested I come get it, and take it to a regular Cub Cadet dealer for warranty repair. Yeah, I can see a dealer I didn't buy the thing from putting me high on his "must repair" list.:rolleyes:
So, after a polite, though very one-sided conversation from me, the store manager told e to bring in my paperwork, and they would exchange it for another one. I decided to get a slightly larger model, rather than one they had on display again. The larger model had to be brought in and assembled. I knew they didn't have one on display, which is why I asked for it, that meant I would get a "fresh" one, rather than one that had sat out in the rain for 6 months.
I picked it up last night, brought it home, put gas in it, and mowed the yard. Mucho better. I'm still less than thrilled with the foot controls (that's why I bought the model I bought to begin with), but otherwise it seems like a huge improvement.

Good morning All! Not too much going on here. It's cloudy and rainy. Going to spend the day doing chores...........

I feel a bit better now after a little more sleep. Got soaked last night when I left my parents place. At least I got my hair washed. I be going back over there around 1:30 today. I have no idea where my father thinks I get all this gas to keep going back and forth but there's going to come a point when I have to put my foot down and just say enough:mad:. As for the rest of the day, I don't have any plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back