Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it sure is noisy around here. That bobcat and jackhammer sure do make a lot of noise. The old concrete runs form 1 1/2" to 6" thick. The new floor will be 4 1/2" higher in the back of the garage than it was. The original floor slanted to the back of the garage by 2" and the new floor will slope 2" in 24' towards the overhead doors. Picking up some of those pcs. of concrete made me work up an appetite so I am going ot eat some lunch.

Good afternoon folks.

I do most of my online shopping at either M.B. Klein, eBay, or Walthers. The only exception is my track. Cherry Creek Hobbies had the best prices for Peco Code 83 track and turnouts. I don't know if that's the case anymore, but they had everyone else beat by a mile.

It's a beautiful day here in the upper Midwest. I had lunch with my niece at her school today. I think I forgot how chaotic recess can be! Crazy kids everywhere.:)

I miscounted my corn stalks yesterday. I've actually twisted 1200 stalks and have 400 to go. I feel like a little old lady knitting by the fireside. I'm just twisting fake corn stalks by the TV side instead! I'm glad the prevailing thought is not to paint the corn on the stalks. I know I don't have the patience to do that.

It's time to do some volunteer work for Kiwanis. It's almost all outside work so it's a good day for that.

Have a great day folks.

04/13/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png

:D

Good afternoon folks.

I do most of my online shopping at either M.B. Klein, eBay, or Walthers. The only exception is my track. Cherry Creek Hobbies had the best prices for Peco Code 83 track and turnouts. I don't know if that's the case anymore, but they had everyone else beat by a mile.

It's a beautiful day here in the upper Midwest. I had lunch with my niece at her school today. I think I forgot how chaotic recess can be! Crazy kids everywhere.:)

I miscounted my corn stalks yesterday. I've actually twisted 1200 stalks and have 400 to go. I feel like a little old lady knitting by the fireside. I'm just twisting fake corn stalks by the TV side instead! I'm glad the prevailing thought is not to paint the corn on the stalks. I know I don't have the patience to do that.

How 'bout a show and tell on the corn?

Good morning. It's 75° sunny. The high will be 83° and it will remain sunny.

My sinuses are still giving me problems but no balance issues today. This morning I went through and updated my backup list of internet links which I keep on a SD card with other backup information in case my hard disk goes down for some reason. This makes it quick and easy for me to reinstall my software and links. Anyone not keeping backups is playing with fire and someday they'll get burned. I keep my hard disk information backed up on DVD's and there's a complete ready-to-go copy on another hard disk. I can just change out the drive and I'm back in business. And because of a hard lesson learned the hard way long ago I keep no personal information whatsoever on my computer. Not even a phone number and certainly nothing to do with my finances. No bills, receipts, statements or anything of a financial nature. It's just too easy for someone to fish around and find something. I don't even keep such things at home. Anything that doesn't need to be kept is shredded into confetti which is then burned. Documents that have to be kept for some reason like taxes or are of a legal nature are kept in a secure location away from my home and out of the reach of identity thieves. Mr Security I'm not but I do what I can.

Good morning. It's 63° and cloudy. The high will be 81° and mostly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain.

Not sure about what I'll be doing today. Whatever comes up I suppose. I need to get back to planning the next project on the layout. There's still some roads, trees and foliage that need to be done.

Good afternoon folks.

What a miserable day. It's raining and forty degrees. Oh well, at least the grass is starting to turn green. We're suppose to get snow this weekend. I know it will melt right away, but it still sucks. What happened to seventy degrees?

No modeling for me yesterday. I hope to finish twisting stalks tonight so I can start painting the bases and adding the tassels. Then I have to figure out what I want to do for dirt. If I 'plant' the rows base to base then the corn will be so thick that you won't even see the bases. I'm modeling the late 40's to early 50's so I think I may need to space them a little further apart. I'll also get more of the area covered without having to buy more corn. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they look with the bases painted a blackish brown. Anyway, enough thinking out loud!

Have a good day folks.

Quiet is not the word for it. I was all gassed up and when I farted it echoed for 90 minutes. Did not smell bad at all but the noise nearly deafened me.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how they look with the bases painted a blackish brown.
I'll have to look again when the corn starts coming up, but I remember the stalks being green, at least until it's all done growing and the whole works turns a yellow-ish brown.

I'll have to look again when the corn starts coming up, but I remember the stalks being green, at least until it's all done growing and the whole works turns a yellow-ish brown.

Yup, they're green alright. By bases I mean the plastic strip that a row of corn is attached to. It should theoretically be the ground, so it will need to be a dirt color.

... Mr Security I'm not but I do what I can.

Jeff, you may not be Mr Security, but you do more than what 96.5% of online consumers do, according to the latest Cisco Internet Security survey, that I'm aware of.

Gonna be a very interesting day around here tomorrow, Friday. Depending on who ya listen to, we're in for a very rough time according to the weather guessers. The NWS offices here sez one thing, the NWS guys a state over sez sumpin else, the guys in Norman, OK sez another. All seem to say at very least a squall line of storms with damaging straight line winds, will occur sometime tomorrow afternoon. BUT if that doesn't happen, then there will be many supercell formations with long tract tornadoes, BUT if that doesn't ...

Reminds me of the last time (several years ago,) we were under this much hand wringing by those guys. They had finally issued a PDS warning for this area of the state. They said there were going to be severe storms with hail and damaging winds, strong tornadoes etc, etc, and all we got was a gentle rain shower for about an hour.

Now I'm not discounting this at all, cause my own experience says we'll have storms, poss severe ones at that. Beyond that I can't say, except that either way, I'm doing some railroading tomorrow.

the weather is looking good here in New England today.... even if the Red Sox are not. Oh well, my model train is running on time... even if the MBTA is not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back