Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks.

Chris , sorry to hear of your misfortune. It sure is easier to spend money than to make it.

I'm waiting for sculptamold to dry on my farm land. Once that's dry I should be able to start adding the gravel drive way and grassy, pasture area. Good thing I saved some silflor for that uneven, grass and mud look. I'm excited to blend this area into the rest of the somewhat finished trestle and town area. Before you know it I'll be able to tackle the finishing of my city of Mankato. That half of the layout was done to about half way finished so I could work on this rural area. I'm trying to balance making progress without hurrying.

I think it's time for lunch. You have to love days off.:D

Well, so far I have three spurs ballasted and me and the Alleve are getting to know each other quite well. It doesn't work as well as my usual pain medicine but it doesn't cause the mood swings that the other stuff causes either. Maybe in an hour or two I'll have another spur done.

I've done all the ballasting work I can do for today. My ankle is doing a good job of kicking my butt so I have no choice but to give up for today. I got part of the mainline done this evening. The part that passes by Ezra's Exxon station. That's all the track on the extension ballasted.

03/16/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png

:confused:

Hope you get sorted out Chris and quick, there are to many "try it and see" so called mechanics about nowadays, my sister got stung to the tune of £1200 for her Audi and it still had the fault, they did injectors, pump, ECU and something else, she went elsewhere and it was a broken wire in a loom, price under £2 for the part and free fitting,,, and she didnt get any money from the first garage as they said once parts fitted they are yours and can't be removed.

And today we caught rat number 100 and something, amazing how many we had under the floor at work

Good morning eveyone.

It's suppose to be sunny with highs at almost 50 degrees!:D Though I feel sorry for the folks that are going to flood this year, I hope all of the snow melts immediately. I'm really getting sick of winter.

I got a lot of work done yesterday on the farmstead. The track crossing was built up with styrene and blended in with sculptamold. I also evened out the rest of the carved foam depressions with sculptamold and drywall mud. It's not too smooth, but not jagged like before the application of mud. After that dried I painted the whole area with a base coat of brown. Next up is securing the gravel drive and starting on the barn yard. I just can't decide on the layers for the yard. I know it would be mostly mud, but that's no fun to look at. Maybe some uneven grasses with a muddy depression in the middle. A ha, it's been decided!

I think part of the reason I share what I'm doing on here is being able to think out loud. It's funny how many times I don't know what I want to do when I start a post and know by the end.

That's all I have for now. Have a great day everyone.

I got a good Mechanic and I known him fer over 16 years! It's just he's so busy and him and Paul get backed up. I need my truck like today, Mark is doing what he can to get me up and running as fast as he can. I can't work my #1 job to far to ride my bicycle too and I'm going to have to ride my Bike to #2 job 6 miles away to night and possibly tomorrow too!:mad: It sucks to be me sometimes, but we all can say that at times! I tried to get a ride to or from work but no one is able to help!:( Either way, I got's to do what I got's to do...:rolleyes: I need to work!

And today we caught rat number 100 and something, amazing how many we had under the floor at work

Two words use: "Rat Bait!"

I'm not sure if it's allowed where you live, but when I had a rat problem I used the bait.....Followed the stink a couple of days later to get the bodies and Rat problem solved! The neighbor is feeding the ferral cats in the neighborhood!:mad: it helps the keep the rat population down but the wild cats create a whole new set of pest problems!:mad::rolleyes: But with my airsoft Guns and the dogs, I can keep them off the patio and out of places I don't want them. Either way, Can't win some times! LOL's

If you can't use rat bait where you are, simply put a couple of pans of ethylene glycol (automotive anti freeze) down where the rats (and no other animals) can get it. They'll drink it and die.

The neighbor is feeding the ferral cats in the neighborhood!:mad: it helps the keep the rat population down but the wild cats create a whole new set of pest problems!:mad::rolleyes: But with my airsoft Guns and the dogs, I can keep them off the patio and out of places I don't want them. Either way, Can't win some times! LOL's
Chris, the antifreeze suggestion would work for you as well, but your dogs may drink it, and it will kill them as dead as it would the cats.

Hello Guys and Ladies,
My, 'Foothill-Station' web access is solved!

Just click on the link below which should be hyperlinked [underlined] and it will take you right to my web site. It's still under construction but will be finished in not too long a time I hope?

http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/

Thanks for taking a look, let me know what you think?

Hello Guys and Ladies,
My, 'Foothill-Station' web access is solved!

Just click on the link below which should be hyperlinked [underlined] and it will take you right to my web site. It's still under construction but will be finished in not too long a time I hope?

http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/

Thanks for taking a look, let me know what you think?
The stock looks a little thin, but I guess that will fill out in time...

Steve- Sounds like you would benefit from the Adirondack Mouse Bucket, although, maybe on a larger scale for the rats. It's simple, the mouse version uses a 5 gal bucket, a beer can, a plank of wood, antifreeze, some scrap wire, and a spoon full if peanut butter. Simply pop a hole in the bottom of the can and run the wire through the holes on the top and bottom of the can. Attach the ends to the rim of the bucket. Spread peanut butter along the can and set up the plank as a ramp for the little vermins to get to the peanut butter. As they run out on the can, it spins and they fall into the antifreeze and die. The bucket keeps them contained, so no searching for corpses because they can't climb out.. We use these at our camps because it catches mice and the antifreeze keeps the bodies from smelling when it doesn't get checked for prolonged periods. It's really a simple design and works great. If it's something you think might work, or you have any questions, I'd be more then willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back