Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Neighbors! We Canucks celebrated ours over a month ago, and I must say I am getting hungry reading all these posts! Enjoy the football and turkey today.

HAPPY TURKEYDAY!!!!!

First day since Tuesday of last week that I woke up in my own bed.Ive been in the hospital, they say I had a stroke.:eek:
Now I am home,and walking with a walker(no trains,cant go to the basement), enjoying the day, and getting stronger each day.

They say 90 to 100% of my right side will come back, so soon I can get to the besement with the trains and the big puter. til then,Im stuck on a little web book.
but I am still smilin!!!!!:)

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Neighbors! We Canucks celebrated ours over a month ago, and I must say I am getting hungry reading all these posts! Enjoy the football and turkey today.

Gary welcome to the forum and to the coffee shop! I'll bring some leftovers of the turducken for you to sample. If there are any leftovers!:D

<KARL> Speedy Recovery Buddy!:) Your Trains miss U 2!;):p At least you get out of house work!!!!! that's a big blessing!:D

<EVERYONE ELSE>
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

I pray that everyone has a fun, safe, and enjoyable holiday! Pray fer me I have to work Black Friday in the Tree tent!:(:mad::rolleyes:

Karl, I'm sorry to hear about you having a stroke, but glad you are home now. Maybe some Turkey and Dressing will aid in your recovery.

I hope all get stuffed!:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Guys

Just wanted to wish you all a safe and happy Turkey Day.
Karl Hope your up and better soon.

I have the job from hell soon, i have been asked to sell all my friends MRR stuff as he is divorcing his witch, she's a nasty bitter old sow but if he keeps his stuff it will belong to her, it's a complicated story but a right kick in the guts for him. There are around 5000 items of rolling stock in all with close to 100 loco's, everything is British outline and i'll be putting it on fleebay.

Ya'll have a great day ;)

Had a good heavy dinner today, several times. I told my sister and brother-in-law to just roll me home and leave me beside the door. They wouldn't so I managed to get up into my van with the help of some wax paper and a shoe horn. Hope I didn't panic one of my neighbors when I got out of the van. I slid out and landed on my feet. He may have thought it was an earth tremor. He's convinced an earthquake is going to split the central plains and submerge everything from the gulf coast to the Canadian border. I got home without incident.

Hello Guys

Just wanted to wish you all a safe and happy Turkey Day.
Karl Hope your up and better soon.

I have the job from hell soon, i have been asked to sell all my friends MRR stuff as he is divorcing his witch, she's a nasty bitter old sow but if he keeps his stuff it will belong to her, it's a complicated story but a right kick in the guts for him. There are around 5000 items of rolling stock in all with close to 100 loco's, everything is British outline and i'll be putting it on fleebay.

Ya'll have a great day ;)

I understand where your friend is coming from!:( It get's better......so I'am told.:rolleyes::eek: hope your friend doesn't have any kids with her.....That is the main source of my problems and worries. I'll pray fer him too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIuO26fwk7k&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1045.jpg

Good, very early Morning,

Hope you all had a good Thanks Giving

I took a couple of shots today and will post one and the other is a redone avatar.

Split_wood_splitting_wedges_on_stump_and_stacked_cord_wood_-_shrp_crvs_-_Reszd_1004x669_DSCF5434.jpg

Nice looking scene David.

Good morning. It's 48°F and sunny. The high will be 69°F and there will be low clouds. There's a possibility of a thunderstorm after midnight.

I don't really know what I'll be doing today. There are several cars that need some weathering and there's always some cleanup work to be done. I'm expecting a package to arrive any day now and I have no idea what's in it.

Thanksgiving dinner was at my sisters place yesterday. It was a full house. Several of our area fire fighters and their families were in attendance and my niece and nephew had some friends there. After dinner it seemed that every place that could be used for a nap was occupied. I've never been able to understand that napping after eating turkey. I've never had a need to sleep after eating a big turkey dinner. I guess I'm one of the few people it doesn't effect.

DSCN0104.jpg

Morning All, about 43F here in Blunose country, about 16" of snow covering the property except where the blower did it's job. It's supposed to turn mild and I guess it's happening.
Great photos on the main page this morning. Great modelling David, I just had to visit your album, well worth the visit excellent work.
Bench work coming along great, soon have to think about a track plan for it. Wish this dam computer was working properly then I could download some photos from the camera.
Y'All have a great day and enjoy.
Cheers
Willis

Chris He has 2 kids, she claimed them both but since then his son has left her and gone to live with dad.

Wild day today here and i got flu to :(

Hi guys. Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I had a great dinner with my family yesterday. It did not take long for my dad to crash after dinner. I followed his example a short time later.

This morning I had to do some work on my satellite dish before I could get on line. Something got hungry and chewed though the cable. My dad and I could some new cable and put a metal sheath on it then put that in a PVC conduit. Whatever bites through it now will need a big set of choppers.

CUL8R

Good Morning Guys, [I was morning when I was posting this till my system crashed and had a couple of calls]

It was cool this morning at around 44* but with clear skies, it's supposed to get up 65* so time will tell but certainly nothing like Willis and others are experiencing.

Say Jeffrey: You said, 'Nice looking scene David', Thanks, it appreciated. Your layout and scenes are looking very nice too!

I took that shot to show how just local items, in this case Oak branches, could be effectively used to create added interest to a scene. The post is under Scenery & Woodland Scenics.

The line with the early flat car-gondola is the the inside lead to the upper section at Ridge Crest and the Horseshoe Meadow Depot. As is plainly evident there is no ground cover down yet and the difference in elevation between the base of the elevated shanty and where the cord wood stack is compared to where the Out House is shows the joint and transition between the line climbing the grade with raised road bed connecting to the station area with everything being at ground level.

Say Willis: Thank you too for the compliment, that's part of what take me so long in doing much of the layout construction is that I get bogged down in detail but I also thoroughly enjoy it too.

Glad you enjoyed viewing my photos, not all are as good as they could be as I should have sharpened them and adjusted lighting a bit more.

Hope all have a good day, the weekend as well as the rest of this Christmas Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back