Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though we live a ways from each other, our weather mirrors yours often. Whatever you get seems to run northeast until it hits us. Usually it's mellowed out by the time it gets to us. Our winds are only:rolleyes: gusting to 50 mph! Of course in the winter it gets worse by the time it hits us.:eek:

Good morning. It's 76° and sunny. The high will be 88° and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing much going on today. I really have to get the layout cleaned up. It's looking like it's been hit by a terrorist attack, tornado, earthquake and an eight day flood. I'll try and get it down to the point that it just looks like an earthquake. I should have more stuff coming in soon. I'm expecting at least one delivery this weekend, maybe two. One of those will be a Walthers GP9m and the other will be a GP9m shell. There's a couple more deliveries coming. One is estimated for the week of the 17th. It's a three-pack of Tyco freight cars and includes a Diamond Chemical tank car. The other is estimated for the 12th. It's an Athearn DOW Chemical covered hopper kit.

This morning I went through and made a list of my locos as follows:

Athearn

1 PA2/PB2 set. Midland Gulf
1 SD9 Midland Gulf
1 SW900 Midland Gulf
1 SW1500 KCS
1 SD45 L&A
2 SDP40F L&A
2 F3 (Proto bodies) Midland Gulf
3 F7B Midland Gulf, SP, L&A
1 GP7 (Hobbytown) B&O

Bachmann

2 GP7 L&A
1 GP38-2 L&A
2 GP30 L&A
2 0-6-0 USRA L&A
1 4-6-0 Hall Type
1 4-6-2 K4
1 4-8-4 Niagara
1 SD45 Conrail
1 GP40 Path Mark

Proto 2000

3 E7A SF, KCS (white), KCS (black)
1 E6A Midland Gulf
1 E6B KCS (black)
1 PA1 MKT
1 SW1200 Midland Gulf
1 BL2 L&A

Stewart

1 U25B L&A
1 F9 A/B set Midland Gulf

Atlas

2 FP7A UP. PRR (to be patched for the L&A)
2 GP40 (Bachmann bodies) L&A
1 H24-66 Midland Gulf
1 SD24 (SD27J) Midland Gulf
1 U30C Midland Gulf

Pemco

1 2-6-0 Mogul Southern

Model Power

1 GP9 BNSF

Walthers

1 GP9m PRR (In transit)

Rivarossi

1 U25C PRR

Frankenstein

1 GP9m (Front Range frame, Proto 1000 AAR trucks, custom drive, Mashima motor, Walthers body. L&A
1 FT/m (Proto 2000 FA frame, Athearn motor, Athearn trucks, Bachmann FT body. L&A MoW

Total = 47

PRRGP91.gif

Jeffery- that is an impressive roster of engines.

Have you ever put all them on your layout at once?
That would be an interesting picture.

Just don't try to run them all at once as they would draw some amps!

Gotta go, a long afternoon of nits to pick today.:rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 72° and sunny. The high will be 89° and it will be mostly cloudy with a 10% chance of rain.

I won't be doing much today as I have some health issues causing me quite a bit of pain today. Nerve problems are so much fun. I've already cracked a loco shell today due to slipping control over my already very tight grip. Muscle spasms don't help so I'll be trying to keep my hands unoccupied for a while. No handling of eggs today!

P1011345.jpg

Morning gang, I am still doing fine in Mason City, living out of the hotel room. I was put on the extra board Wed. afternoon and I was 8th out. As the week went on, I watched my name slowly drop down the list to 2nd out yesterday morning. I checked again this morning and I'm still 2nd out.:rolleyes: Looks like I'll be getting the garentee pay this next pay check.

Last night I was over at Chad's (chadmichels) house. He showed me around his layout in progress and what he plans to do, then we went around town and he pointed out some things. He invited me to come back today, if I'm not working, he just needs to wake up now and return my phone calls.:p

Good Morning Guys,
The weather is turning fairly cool here in the Central Calif Eastern foot hills with a considerable amount of moisture to keep everything nice and wet.

It's 11:16Am and the temp is 58* with clear Sunny skies and a high of 77* supposedly but that at Castle Air Force Base near Merced actually closer to Atwater if I remember correctly on the valley floor head North toward Sacramento.

I've been busy with trying to get things winterized a bit around here and keep intending to head into the garage and work on the layout but other things keep getting in the way.

Say Rex: If I was closer I'd also help the other guys keep an eye on your layout
but probably more so the ladies, we'll keep the party to a low roar!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Got my newest GP9m today. A Walthers Trainline unit painted and marked for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Through a bit of painting, decal work and and use of Clear Flat it no longer has anything to do with Pennsylvania except for the cab number. The unit is now lettered for the L&A. I exercised great care throughout to insure the shell wouldn't get cracked or crushed even to the extent of putting a block of wood in the shell while I worked on it. One of my tools wasn't so lucky and was tragically damaged during a muscle spasm and must be replaced at the earliest opportunity. Fortunately it wasn't critical to the work being done.

P3212188.jpg

P3212192.jpg

Liquor manufacturers have accepted the Government's suggestion that the following warning labels be placed immediately on all varieties of alcohol containers:
~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering... what the hell happened to your underwear?!?
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering...when you are not!?!
~~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard!?!
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over -&- over again that you love them!?! ♥
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing!?!
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning!?!
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex!?!
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster -&- better looking than most people!?!
~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you!?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy!?!
~~~~~~~~
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may be a major factor in getting your ass kicked!?!

Ezra Johnson's son Ryan is the local chief of police but he's also the local practical joker. Last night he got into the Sundown shops paint area and switched the paint diagrams. This morning the first shift brought ex-Soo GP9m 2403 in for painting and now don't know if they should complete the job and label it Ryan's Folly or re-do it. Luckily they caught the change and corrected the diagrams before ex-BNSF 2760 was brought in. Ryan's daughter however is quite taken with the 2403 and is amorously infatuated with it. She's started a petition to leave it as it is. The paint crew were willing signers as the last thing they want is another loco added to their seemingly endless list.

P3222201.jpg

P3222198.jpg

Good afternoon, it's a nice sunny but comfortable day at about 55* with a slight breeze.

I'm not sure if any new members from my area have joined or otherwise accessed the forum or not yet but I did get a call from a fellow named Bill that lives about 25 miles from me who was glad to see my ad on the local phone co's web site. I talked with him and come to find out he used to own a company that re-powered Athearn Locos back when they didn't have a very good drive system.

Anyway he's just now getting back into model railroading so it was interesting to make contact.

Oh, now I need to see if a foxy lady messaged me on Plenty of Fish, one of the forums sponsers?

Also get to work on my layout and start to get some things entered into my Foothill Station web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are a little quiet today.
I hope everyone enjoyed the wonderful fall weather today.
I know I did.

Yeah! Stacked 2 cords of wood that got dropped off at 10 am, finished just as they were dropping the green flag on the NASCAR race. Spent the rest of the day fighting sleep and watching the race!:rolleyes:

Good morning folks.

It's still sunny and 80 around here. Tomorrow it's suppose to start changing back to fall. By Friday we'll have a high in the upper 50's. Quite the dramatic change. It's been so windy for the past ten days that most of the leaves that changed colors are already on the ground. It's starting to look like November around here while it's still 80 degrees outside. Very strange.

Since the boss is gone I'm working eleven days straight. Not that it's hard work, but it's getting old, fast! My wife is gone this week as well so I have the house to my self. Scratch that, the cats have the house to themselves!

I have a half day off on Wednesday so I think I'll try to squeeze in some train time. Looking at some of my photos I've realized that some of my structures need massive amounts of weathering. The roof on my depot couldn't look more like plastic. It's time to make things look crappy!:D

Other than that I don't know much.

Have a great day everyone.

HMMMMM!
Looks like all the folks partying a Rex's house over the weekend are still hung over. Maybe some of them will check in by late afternoon.

This morning I did a little work on ex-PRR GP9 7270. I removed the horns from the cab roof and relocated one to the center of the end of the short hood. The other one was relocated to the left side of the long hood just forward of the dynamic brake. Later today I intend to start on the job of wiring my two Bachmann GP7's together in permanent consist.

P3232202.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back