Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Good morning. Coming to you live courtesy of MacDonalds Wifi. Days of fun still ahead of me, take care, y'all!

Good morning. It's 58° with 96% humidity. The high will be 70°. It will be cloudy with rain.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond50.jpg

Blood sugar is down this morning. It's reading at 69. Gotta get that up. Fever is down to 99.

The fastener tape I ordered from Scotch came in yesterday. I've already tested it. They lock together just like headlock fasteners and should keep the computers cover on quite nicely. Velcro wishes it could hold as much as this stuff does. I'll be putting it on the computer today.

Other than that I have nothing planned except to get some rest. I'm still feeling a bit punchy from yesterday. At least I can think straight today.

P1010437.jpg

Looks like many people slept in this morning.

Toot.... You're on the other side of the world, and it makes sense you are up.
Terry and Jeff were here early. It just past noon here. ...

Where is everybody? .... Working on your layouts?

Well I got the new Scotch fasteners in the computer case and they work fine. The gap between the case and the lid was too big for the tape to be laid flat. So I put down a small piece (about 5/16") then put a 2.5" piece over that. The tapes adhesive is very good but I've never been one to trust any adhesive long term with the humidity we have here. So I put two 4/40 screws in each of the long pieces. The photos below will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Some day I'm going to type up my entire loco and rolling stock roster on one of these antiques. If I can find a compatible printer I could print it as well.

DSCN3441.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

Well sometimes it doesn't pay to get up too early. I'm having difficulty getting used to Daylight time. :rolleyes: Spent the day waiting for glue to dry. I'm making the trackage on my extension permanent, before applying scenery. I expanded the trackage at the "Vulcan Works" and applied 1/8" cork roadbed, and glued it to the foam base.

Have a good evening

Joe

Looks like many people slept in this morning.

Toot.... You're on the other side of the world, and it makes sense you are up.
Terry and Jeff were here early. It just past noon here. ...

Where is everybody? .... Working on your layouts?

Your post was registered @ 03:14AM local time, so yes, I was well into slumber time.

Good morning. It's 57° with 100% humidity. The high will be 68°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain and thunderstorms all day.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond50.jpg

Close to eighteen hours straight of rain with more due today. Spotted one leak thus far, at the bottom of a window. When it dries out a bit I'll back-fill that area with foam. Hope that'll be enough for now. Really need to get the damage to the over roof fixed. No way that's happening with rain coming down and not with muddy ground under the ladder. Part of that work will be taking place right next to the service pole so care must be taken or it could be a very shocking event. I can't be out in wet weather anyway as my prosthesis can't get wet. I had ordered one for all-weather use but I guess some bean counter decided I didn't deserve that. What I got feels like it's covered in foam or cork with a thin flesh colored outer covering. I guess it's enough that I can walk on it and drive a vehicle. Getting in and out of my van is easy enough but a car or a pickup without a step is a different kettle of fish.

No plans for today except to stay dry.

P1010510.jpg

Good Morning. Happy Sunday.

So far, it's a sunny Sunday here in the Soprano State. 30° right now, going to 37°, then falling into the 20s with........snow.........again........:confused:. The wife is trying to "time" her seedlings for Mother's Day planting, assuming winter will have given up by then.

The ground was rocking yesterday, and the thunder was rolling, as our National Guard was lobbing 155mm ordinance at the artillery range at Ft. Dix. The local police switchboard was inundated with phone calls from panicky residents. - Note - the closest range is over 25 miles distant, to the Southwest, so these babies pack a punch. To add to the entertainment, we also had the usual C17 low level flyovers from Lakehurst NAS (Blimps) - yep, modern military, the Air Force C17s operate out out the Naval Air Station, along side of Marine "rotary" aviation. No room for them at McGuire AFB.

Jeffrey, if the water is coming from the bottom of the window, it might be coming through the wall to the window. Or it could be the window itself leaking. As you state, the big problem is that you can't fix it while it's raining and the ground is muddy.

Ever notice, how all of a sudden the appliances all start failing - at once?????

More to do on the layout today, I'm making progress.:rolleyes:.

Joe

1794756_597887610290627_1993432977_n.jpg

SN*w in the forecast,,,,,,,oh lubberly! :p

Bette get outside while I can today,,,and pick up the limbs still left from the last storm.

My wife and I have been sitting in the hospital waiting room for about the last three and a half hours. Had to take her dad to the ER because of him having a "spell", they are getting things under control and it looks like we'll be able to take him home in an hour or so. Getting old is not for the faint of heart. I still have to get the rest of my stuff together for the trip to Rock Falls at 3:00 in the morning for work. Looks like it'll be a long day.

I feel a certain kinship with that squirrel, is that something I need to be concerned about?

Only if you run around wearing only a fur coat playing with your nuts.;)

Haven't done much today. Sprayed some liquid rubber sealer up under the window frame where I saw the leak this morning.

Tested a disk drive. Had to make a couple of minor adjustments. Now it works like new.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010502.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

1891239_492064990903970_958431052_n.jpg

Twin monitors on the layout computer. Now I can program with Decoder Pro on one screen, and do webpage updates on the other at the same time! :D

Twin monitors on the layout computer. Now I can program with Decoder Pro on one screen, and do webpage updates on the other at the same time! :D

The wonders of multi-tasking.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. It's 38° with 92% humidity. The high will be 55° and cloudy.
Morning
condmc-1.jpg
Afternoon
pcloudy-1.jpg

Looks like somebody up north left the door open and the cooler weather came through again. Somebody hasn't had enough yet I guess.

My right knee was hurting last night so my leg spent the night leaning against the bedside table. I've gotten to where I can put it on in under half a minute.

No plans today except to stay inside where it's warm.

P1010528.jpg

Back