Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening everyone. Thanks for your sympathy in dealing with this whole mess. I probably shouldn't post at 0230 when I'm cranked off. :)

Ray, I'm assuming you didn't remarry after your wife's death. If that's the case, you were eligible for a widower's pension at age 60 based on your wife's Social Security amount as if she was 66. Never heard of that? Me neither, nor anyone I've to talked to. It's one of SS's best kept secret. Call Monday and get the process going. Since you just turned 61, there's a chance you get the money retroactive to when you were 60. If you get the retro money, you can thank me with the P2K engine of your choice. :D

Alco, you sound unusually happy today. I hope you still feel that way.

Paul and Carey, my wife is on SSDI and it has been a constant fight for her to keep her benefits even though her condition is also listed as covered by SS. When Jean was diagnosed with leukemia, it was a fight to get her on disability even though her doctor (and SS's own criteria) stated the disease was totally disabling and fatal. Almost everyone I know who's tried to get disability for a non-fatal condition had had to get a lawyer and fight their way through the appeals board. I'm convinced this really is a conspiracy between Social Security to minimize payments and the legal profession to maximize fees. It is one of those most heartless and cruel systems I've ever seen. :mad:

Phillip, nice guitar. I've always wished I kept up with my lessons when I was younger so I could play one of those things.

Ken, it's nice to be able sit back and watch your trains run without jumping up every five minutes to fix a derailment, isn't it? You're right about me being lucky that I will, at some point, be able to get something from Social Security. Anyone who's 35 or younger should count on being on their own when they reach my age.

Maxi, what are you doing hanging around airports? You're supposed to be practicing weathering. :)

Rex, I need to check out that property tax discount. I've never heard of that one either. Sounds like you will end up with a beautiful present for your sister. Every time I try something like that, it ends up being an ashtray no matter what it was supposed to be. ;)

I'm proud of all you guys who still go out and brave the malls. If I can't get it online, I don't buy it. The one exception is jewelry for my wife but, other than that, everything comes to my door. Just looking at a mall parking lot this time of year gives me the willies.:eek:

Actually got an entire .12 inches of rain yesterday. Another big storm that fizzled out, as seems to be our pattern now that Jeffrey keeps taking our rain and storing it away somewhere. It was cloudy and breezy today but the high was 67 so I can't complain about that 4 days before Christmas. I hope the snow and ice lay off you guys up north until at least after you all get to where you're going for the holidays.

Paul and Carey, my wife is on SSDI and it has been a constant fight for her to keep her benefits even though her condition is also listed as covered by SS. When Jean was diagnosed with leukemia, it was a fight to get her on disability even though her doctor (and SS's own criteria) stated the disease was totally disabling and fatal. Almost everyone I know who's tried to get disability for a non-fatal condition had had to get a lawyer and fight their way through the appeals board. I'm convinced this really is a conspiracy between Social Security to minimize payments and the legal profession to maximize fees. It is one of those most heartless and cruel systems I've ever seen. :mad:
Heck, imagine being my age, and knowing you pay into something that will be gone when you need it.

BTW, nice photo Maxi! How did you get it?

Maxi, what are you doing hanging around airports? You're supposed to be practicing weathering.

Ray / Jim , Thanks for the comments, my other hobby apart from ModelRR is general photography especialy of aircrafts which I am doing for the last 15 years, I stopped for some time practicing this hobby when I still had my SLR ( due to expensive film developing costs ), but started again when I bought my first digital camera, now I have a Canon 350D with a 70 - 200 mm L-USM lens, which I'm very happy with, and sometimes when we have some non common movements I go take some photos, when the weather permits :) I normally have some other spare time in the evening for weathering :)

High speed pass ( without sun, so it was not that good )
Saudicopy.png

Takeoff on a wet runway
TO_1_sm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxi, did you have a RSAF Tornado visit Malta? If so, that's pretty cool since you don't get see those aircraft very much if you're not in Saudi Arabia. Is that Atlas Air a charter passenger plane or a freighter? I know a lot of those 747-200's have been converterted to freighters

Heck, imagine being my age, and knowing you pay into something that will be gone when you need it.

I wonder what would happen if everyone under 30 started to take the Social Security theft that's deducted from their paychecks and claimed it as a theft deduction on their income tax? I'll bet that would get some attention. :)

Maxi, did you have a RSAF Tornado visit Malta? If so, that's pretty cool since you don't get see those aircraft very much if you're not in Saudi Arabia. Is that Atlas Air a charter passenger plane or a freighter? I know a lot of those 747-200's have been converterted to freighters

We had the Saudi Tornados visit twice in less then a year, and as you say its cool cause they are not an often scene. The 747-200 as far as I know is a charter. We also had a DC-10 cargo the same day, but delayed in departure so I didn't take any takeoff pictures of it. We also had a visit of 4 Indian Hawks, they passed for technical stop ( refueling ).

This I took on last year's visit
56574_1166254342.jpg

Josh Dito,,, as fast as i pay it in i recon it's going straight out the back door of the government,,, and being 40 makes me elligable to work till i'm 70 (how kind of them is that), i have no choice but to do it as i won't get any pension if i don't
but i won't be here for that :)

Good Morning Bill ! Good to see another waitress in here . Looks like Flo must have chased the other one away . Another nice day on the Niagara frontier today . Warm temps. in the mid 40's and even up to the 50's tomorrow . Then it somes crashing down with Lake effect snowstorms tomorrow night . Gotta go get some coffee and take the wife to work so you all have nice day !!Maxi that is pretty cool to see all those different aircraft !!! Jim were expecting an inch of rain tomorrow . You guys can have some of that stuff !Carey I feel for you . I went through that process and it took time but I did prevail. Ray that will be a real nice gift for your sister. And Phillip I bet you daughter will definately enjoy that guitar !! Oh Yaeh "Happy First Day Of Winter "you all !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/22/2007

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 23mph SSE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from 11 AM this morning to 9 pm cst this evening.

Now through 10:00 AM CST December 22, 2007

Through 10 AM...scattered showers will move quickly northeast at 35 mph across portions of southeast Texas...as well as...southwest and central Louisiana. A majority of the activity will be west of an Alexandria to Intracoastal City line. Light to moderate rainfall can be expected with the showers with rates up to one quarter of an inch per hour.

Rest Of Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the southwest 15 to 20 mph and gusty in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy becoming clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Paul LR is around but not posting here much. I PMed her about a month ago and she said she was fine and getting ready for the holiday's. She was not near the scorched area of Southern Cal. but her son and family did stay with them for a few days.

Mornin' all!

Man! I can't believe I slept until 10:30 this morning! I never do that!

Got some interesting weather on deck for the next few days. Looks like a white Christmas! Just don't know how white yet. Watch this changeover happening tonight though!

Today: mostly cloudy, patchy drizzle, windy & warmer - high: 55
Tonight: showers & storms, strong wind - temps: 50s dropping to upper 30's
Sunday: windy & sharply colder with snow showers - temps falling into the 20s
Monday: a few snow showers possible, chilly - high: 33

Hey! And I might even get some layout time this weekend! And not have to wiggle it in even! I've got all of the Christmas shopping done and most of it is wrapped. There's no college classes on Monday so no homework, and unless somebody breaks their phones big time, I've got the work thing covered!

The wife is in bed resting up. The pain is slowly getting better. It seems this last operation has really helped with that. She was suffering a lot more last wek at this time. Percocet is still her best friend though.

Oh well, I'm off to do......NOTHING!

Later!

Good Morning Bill ! Good to see another waitress in here . Looks like Flo must have chased the other one away . Another nice day on the Niagara frontier tosay . Warm temps. in the mid 40's and even up to the 50's tomorrow . Then it somes crashing down with Lake effect snowstorms tomorrow night . Gotta go get some coffee and take the wife to work so you all have nice day !!Maxi that is pretty cool to see all those different aircraft !!! Jim were expecting an inch of rain tomorrow . You guys can have some of that stuff !Carey I feel for you . I went through that process and it took time but I did prevail. Ray that will be a real nice gift for your sister. And Phillip I bet you daughter will definately enjoy that guitar !! Oh Yaeh "Happy First Day Of Winter "you all !!!!!!!

I hope it didn't cause any blood pressure problems. ;)

Mornin' Bill!

Popped in a couple of hours ago, started to make a post and got side tracked by my Geriatric Kitty Cat who wanted to be fed again. Did a couple of other things and came back to see that the old girl had typed [[[[[[[[[[[[[[;;;;;;;;;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,----;;'\\\\\\ into the post so I decided to start over again. Hope everyone is enjoying the Winter Solstice. Happy Winter everyone!

Good early morning all,
Working the night shift, getting presents wrapped and sanding and finishing my loading dock in between. Bill, those new waitresses are good for my blood pressure. :)

Phillip, sounds like a typical Christmas waether pattern up there - just enough bad weather to ruin all your plans. But at least you get to stay home and were a good boy and got all your Christmas shopping done. I've got two more things to get and two days left so that's about right for me. :) Glad to hear your wife is in less pain. Percocet is a wonderful drug for those in need and I have it on good authority that it makes husbands look younger and more virile. :D

Paul, send us some of that rain before it turns to snow since our front is once again falling apart as Jeffrey continues to steal and hide our rain. I hope you have a white but not too white Christmas.

Ray, I type things like your cat when I think I'm typing actual words. :)

The first day of winter felt like winter in Alabama. Cloudy, windy, and cold for us, with a high of only 53 that felt like 40 in the wind. We are getting about three drops of rain tonight and that should be it. My wife owns an old house and property that we are trying to sell but the house is in such disrepair that the property would be worth more as homesite with no structure. We've donated the house to the local fire department for a practice burn and then I'll have the remains hauled away and the site cleaned. It works out well, since the rural fire departments get some practice in fighting structure fires, something they're not very good at here, and we get a tax deduction. Unfortunately, they can't do the burn until we get three inches of rain in a 24 hour period. That hasn't happened since I moved here almost two years ago so I'm not holding my breath. I think our only hope is a tropical storm next summer, by which time the old shack may have collapsed on its own. :(

Mornin' Bill! Took a look at the new waitresses. Thought I was in the wrong place........ Good thing I took my Meds this morning!

Good Morning Bill and Ray ! Strong winds woke me up this morning . Can't wait to watch the Bills play the Giants and watch someone try a pass and see it float into no man's land. Larry glad to hear that LR is doing fine . Bill you gotta watch those waitresses Flo is really gonna get mad . But I'll have an extra big cup of coffee with a smile . Well Gonna get out of hear so you all have a real nice and warm day !

Intense weather last night! Thats what had me up a couple times throughout the night. Torrential rains and howling winds.....thought it was going to beat the house down! No snow though.

78125_G.jpg

***WIND ADVISORY UNTIL 7 PM***

Today: sharply colder, cloudy with snow showers - temps falling into the 20s
Tonight: cloudy with flurries - low: 23

Winds were strong overnight, up to 50 - 60 mph in some locations. Winds are still gusting in the 35-45 mph range as I write this.

This is supposed to die down by tomorrow evening. I hope so, otherwise Santa's ride could get pretty wild!

Just picking up around the house a little today. We have lots of relatives wanting to come over since we can't go anywhere. We're going to see if we can't get the wife downstairs for the day on Christmas. She told me last night that the leg feels like it's healing much faster this time around, so thats real good news.

Might get that layout time in this afternoon. Depends....I might just be lazy and take a nap!

So whats up with you all?

Phillip, ........ Percocet is a wonderful drug for those in need and I have it on good authority that it makes husbands look younger and more virile. :D

HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Hey hunny....where's your pain meds at? Is it time for more? :D

Back