Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks

I am getting a late start on the Internet today. It is Columbus Day and I am home. I just finished up a round of honey-dos and am taking a few minutes off. In a little while the wife and I will be heading out to run some errands. She just got in from work at the museum.

It is uncomfortable out there today. The humidity is downright ugly and the air quality stinks. It is 78 F on its way to a record high of 84 F. we still have no rain but they say some may come later this week. I hope so, the ground is rock hard and dusty.

We had the usual busy weekend. We did the shopping between other events. My daughter had her birthday party and my son his football game. They lost 26-0. It was not pretty. The coaches tried a few new things and they did not work.

I did finish fixing the turf around the small barn. I also finished the museum diorama. I still have to paint the sides to make it look more presentable.

I hope everybody has a good day.

A new record hi of 91 and also the latest in the year we have ever topped 90. I was out in the yard redoing the ramp door for the shed in the heat and humidity. Neck got a tad bit sunburned but not bad. I made the ramp door myself of 1" square thick walled tubing with expanded wire in the inside for traction getting into the shed. When I removed the old wood there was a whole lot of dirt behind it so I lined the cavities with 1" pink styrofoam. Hopefully this will eliminate that problem but it did make the door somewhat heavier. This is one job that I hopefully finish tomorrow before going to the True Value for work. Just need to put a few more fasteners into the metal frame to hold up the barn siding. The new trim is installed and everything is waiting for me to get the stain on to finish it off.

Printer: I think Flo spikes our coffee. :D
It seems that most on this forum use a lot more patience and understanding than across the street. I think we have all been guilty of being on the edge, but our sometimes sharply worded posts have been soften through the wisdom of others. Over there, one spark and BANG!:eek:

Larry: You are as bad as me: always waiting until the hottest day to do the hardest work.

KenL: Glad you enjoyed yourself and are back safely.

Philip: Did you see the national news where Atlanta is about to run out of water:eek: . They showed huge Lake Lanier and it was down 12.5 feet from norm. It is terribly hot and dry here in the South lands and hot all over. Wouldn't you know that my A/C froze up last night! My wife's cousin came over and charged the compressor back up with freon (again), but I will have to buy a new outside unit in March (if I can make it that long, not a heat pump). This one has a leak in the outside coils and being aluminum and with that fuzz stuff on it, can't be repaired other than replacing the coils only that would cost almost as much as the whole thing. At least I can get a 3 ton for wholesale at around $1300.

Had a good time with Rex today! Relaid a little trackwork that he had messed up!:p (Try to teach da boy sumpin' and.....) We had a good talkfest, education lecture, in other words a general BS session. Rex was real nice to me even!:eek:
He let me run his new PCM Y6b! I have to admit it is a sweet runner! :D

Anyway, I may be in trouble again. That stuff that had me laid low over the summer is trying its best now to come back!:mad: Wish them D***** MDs would make up their minds on the treatment! I'm getting tired of this stuff.:( I think I would rather roll around in some poison ivy!:eek:

Danged Carey, I offered you some of that sweet sipping whiskey made over in the woods and that's guaranteed to remove evil spirits, boils, gout, athlete's foot, in-grown toenails, and make you think you are on "Dancing with the Stars" during the treatment. Heck, just smelling it will completely remove your sinuses, so you won't have that problem any more:eek: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Everyone!!

inprevidable day today, right now its sunny, wait a big cloud just covered the sun, and it seems like its gonna anchor over our tiny island, well I guess this will drop some liquid on us. Like yesterday, I went out of the house in a dry hot sun, and half a mile further down, it was raining cats and dogs. Temperature is cooling a little finally, still way up but better. Summer is killin me, I guess its because I'm not still a kid :p The heat spikes that we have during summer are sometimes hard sometimes it gets up to 104F or even 109F. Its not the kind of climate for me anymore :S

Anyway I'm grabbing a cup o coffee, black without sugar, a brownie and I'm out :) have a nice day everyone.

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

10-09-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Morning all, thought I would stop in and say hello. I'm at work, so I'd better get to doing something before the BOSS comes by. ;)

Later, Stan

REx - are you talking about Granny Clampet's rumatism medecine? If so I'll take 5 gallons

Luc

Morning everyone, been a little while since I stopped by the coffee shop. Life has been real busy lately and it's only getting worse, my two master's classes are starting up this week. Hopefully since it's getting cold out now it'll force me into modeling more in the evenings when I don't have class work. I started in painting my rails this past weekend. Well hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/9/2007

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph N

Today High: 88 Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

P1010003-8.jpg

Good Morning ! Boy I have a tremendous headache and it's called the Buffalo Bills. That's what you get for staying up and watching them loose again in the final second and to Dallas yet .Oh well gotta get going and enjoy this last day of warmth supoose to really cool off after this so better get out and smell the last of the roses . Have a wonderful day all !!!

Good morning folks

We are still in the soup: hot and humid weather. Last night at 8 PM it was still 80 F. Yesterday we set a record at 89 F. The air just feels so heavy like a wet blanket. It was 75 F on the way to work. Today could be another record at 87 F. Football practice for my son is going to be ugly with the heat. The weather guessers are saying that relief is on the way with the possibility of thunderstorms tonight.

No modeling yesterday. I thought I was going to get some done but every time I started some crisis erupted.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning all!

Finally cooling down around here!

TODAY: A stray shower will last into the morning followed by at least partial clearing and a much, much cooler high temperature in the mid-70s. But much cooler air is on the way!

ANOTHER ALL-TIME RECORD HIGH FOR OCTOBER! Monday at 2pm the temperature climbed to 91 degrees this is a record for this date and the warmest temperature ever recorded during the month of October. On Sunday, we hit 90 that was the 1st 90 degree reading during the month since early October 1954 and 1951. Records in Indianapolis date back to 1871.

Right about now it's pretty nice out there!

temps.jpg

Well, I'm starting to see the winds of change I think. It looks like I may be in for a career change in the next year or so. I can see things starting to happen. One thing I know for sure.....whatever it is, if I keep my focus on God, He'll guide my paths.

So whats going on with all of you today?

Mornin' Bill, mornin' Luc, Mornin'........... OK. Hey Flo! Are there any empty seats. Just the one with Tom, Jeffrey, and Paul? Hey that's OK I get along good with all of them (Hope they don't mind company.....).

Finally a seasonable day here in the Finger Lakes. Hi in the low 70's and low 50's overnight. Some showers this morning with a bit of sun this afternoon. Maybe this afternoon I can get the rest of the wood split and clean up the driveway before the neighbors get upset.

I got some more of the Caboose interior done last night. When I added the hand made grab iron to the cupola stand front I decided to use the old hot soldering iron approach. Of course I needed more than 3 hands to be able to get everything in place and do the job and at the last second dropped the grab iron on the floor. While putting the soldering iron down on the bench so that I could pick up the grab iron, my hand slipped and my finger found it was holding onto the (very) hot side of the iron.......... (Expletive deleted from here!) I have a nice 2nd degree burn on my left index finger. Haven't done anything really stupid in a while so I guess I was due...

Hope you all have a great day!

REx - are you talking about Granny Clampet's rumatism medecine? If so I'll take 5 gallons

Luc
The stuff she made out by the "Seement Pond"?
If that's what Flo is spiking our coffee with, I'll take a Double.

Carey:
Med troubles can be exasperating at best, I'm in that boat myself. My dear old Grandmother (rip) would refuse to go the the Doctor, saying that they were only practicing medicine and she wouldn't go until they were done and had it right. She was an old farm lady from Montana and would slather me down in what she called "Liniment" for any ailment I had.

Scoot

Well I am off the rest of the afternoon....I will take a half and half of Monster and Stoli Vodka. Thauldo for me...

I got some catching up to do on posting some pics on some of these threads...gonna work on my GP60 Lease unit first. Got my prime mover in on Saturday. So it time for the install. My unit started out as one of them dummy units but came from one of them special edition Athearns (in pairs) with nice details. So that will be posted soon.

Now for my go go juice.....

Afternoon all,,, Rex, Carey could you post some of that sunshine here for a while,,, and slip a bottle of the "potion" in there as well.
Carey take it easy sir, and Rex, don't be a slave driver,,, not yet anyway,,,
Ken L Welcome back Ken, sounds like a good trip you had.
Ken M Your B-I-l sounds,,, a bit of a mmmm can't say in here

We saw some friends last night who are off on there winter travels in november, funny thinking we may not see them again unless they come to NZ, you could say the farewells have started allready

Afternoon everyone,

Like Alco, I'm off for the rest of the day too. Except I'm battling a migraine at the moment, probably brought on by the thought that I might have to spend a fortune on repairing the brakes in my Durango. Normally this wouldn't bother me, except that I just learned that my electricity bill is going to increase from $286 to $450 per month :eek: That [rate hike] is triple the size of my monthly mrr budget! (The increase was announced a year ago, but it didn't take effect until now.)

Steve - thanks, I got to see an interesting train when I was there. Two NS dash-9's pulling a string of 8 coil cars and a dozen scrap-loaded gondolas, short enough to fit on my layout! :cool: Must have been a 'local'

Carey, I think a Dremel with a Flexi-shaft would do the job more effectively :rolleyes:

Later y'all, I have to head over to the mechanic's and learn just how bad off my Durango's brakes are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back