Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
House update!!:D

Me standing in the Kitchen, Jan and Brigette measuring the space for the dining suite

and from the back yard.

Ken.

Looking good Ken looking good,,, how about a round the house railroad, nows the time to get the benchwork in mate

Looking good Ken looking good,,, how about a round the house railroad, nows the time to get the benchwork in mate

...Yeah, you can also put openings in the walls for your mainline to run between the various rooms, just cut the sheetrock panels accordingly! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking place you've got there Ken!

Man, these last few days have worn me out. I switched to working swing shift again, and then two days in a row I get classes at 7AM! 8 hours of overtime though, which is nice.

Ken, Ken L, Nick, and Steve, Thank You very much! Getting the layout to this point was a big milestone for me and has me pumped about working on the AP Certificates. Having a MMR be so complimentary of my work felt very good. For those of you that are not familiar, the "Golden Spike" just means that you are knowledgeable and have some idea what you are doing in the hobby. It is the "entry level" award and is general in scope. You have to display at least 6 units of rolling stock (scratchbuilt, craftsman kits, or highly detailed commercial kits), Contruct a minimum of 8 square feet of scenery including five structures (scratchbuilt, craftsman kits, or highly detailed commercial kits). In addition you have to show at least 3 types of trackage properly ballasted and installed on roadbed. Track must be properly wired for DC or DCC and be able to run at least 2 trains at the same time. You have to also have wire and be able to operate one other electrical feature.

I would recommend to all of you who are NMRA members to go for this award if you don't already have it.

Good Job Ray!

To think I knew him when.

I just might enter for that award. Let's see. That's right. All I need is a layout.

Nice going RAY! From your photos, I didn't think you would have a problem. ;) Like you, I wish more would support the NMRA and participate in the certificate program. I know many want more tangible benefits for their money, but they should consider all the work the NMRA is doing for our hobby and where we would be without them.

I've been just a little bit busy today.

cross1.jpg

cross2.jpg

cross3.jpg

I agree with you Rex. I get sick and tired of folks complaining about the NMRA and how it is a good ole boys club. There are still places where that mentality still holds but not in the majority anymore. Here in the Central Indiana Division (CID) we do a lot of things differently than most. When we hold a CID meet we usually have two or three clinics. many dealer tables and the NMRA judging contests. We do not give out a first, second and third place awards. Instead we give our Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates. These are awarded on a point system and if enough points are gained our Division AP Manager processes the paperwork toward the AP certificate. This gives the entrants a chance to see where they can improve their modeling skills and tips on how to make them more life like. Since we implemented this system our contest entry's have risen and the quality their greatly improved. Our membership has been steadily increasing and our membership retention has greatly improved. So we must be doing something right. The CID just hosted a very successful Midwest Regional Convention this past weekend. Attendance was up by 25 or so attendees from our last hosted Regional in 2001. I was unable to attend this year do to my new job but all the people I have talked to said it was one the of best they had ever attended. I really missed out on a good time dang it.

Last edited:

Ah yeah that would be great, but where would I sleep..... Oh I know out with the dog:D Her indoors would be :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks guys we're getting there!! 5 weeks 2 go.

Ken.

Hi guys,

In one hour, I'm going to be interviewed on the area's most popular radio show. I'm going to talk about my EFT practice and frankly it will be very good exposure.

But I've never been on the radio or interviewed and well, I'm more nervous than I want to admit.

Wish me luck.

Tick-tock Tick-tock tick-tock

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/26/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Now through 08:00 AM CDT April 26, 2007

High: 80

Through 7 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur over the coastal waters southeast of a line from from the lower Atchafalaya River to 60 nautical miles south of the east end of Marsh Island. The storms will move northeast 20 knots.

Today High: 80 Sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs around 80. West winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Bacon and eggs today.

bacon.jpg

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mouse, I'm sure you will do great with the interview. Just be yourself and you can't miss!

Larry, our NMRA division has recently had a "changing of the guard". Many of the people who have been the backbone of the division are now getting to age where they aren't able to do many of the things they once did. We just hosted the Niagra Frontier Meet a few weeks ago in Rochester, NY. I wasn't able to go but have heard some good comments about it. We stepped in and hosted the meet a year early as the division that was scheduled wasn't able to do this year. I do hope the new folks haven't burned out already......

hello
Ray
Jeffery
Spacemouse Were pulling for you, it'll be easy not like talking to a big audiance,,, well there will be an audiance but you won't see em.

Just decided that rather than go watching any more steam trains go flying by, i am going on one for a change, there's a trip on monday the 28th May going up the cumbrian coast so i booked a familly ticket, should be a fun day out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve - you lucky dawg! :D

Chip - Too late for me to wish you luck now, but I'm sure you did great on the radio interview.

Larry/Ray/Rex - my NMRA division (Mt. Clare, in Baltimore) ceased to exist due to lack of commitment. The interest was there, but nobody wanted to be "in charge".

Afternoon All ! Chip belated good luck on the radio, Steve hope you have a nice flight . Another nice day here warm and a bit of ths sun. Hope all have a real nice day !

Thanks guys,

My wife gave me 85 out of 100 on the interview. She said I bricked one time when I said my website was EFT.com instead of ChipEFT.com, but it was once out of the three times I got it mentioned.

As for the audience thing, I'm cool in front of audiences. 7 years of being a teacher and acting on stage pretty much killed that fear. It's just I had no idea what to expect on live radio. Everything else I've done, even my daily "Health Reports" have been recorded and edited.

I was to give the DJ questions and he immediately went off book, so I got only about 40% of my agenda out. But overall, it was okay.

Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back