Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

04-24-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken! Looks like life is good for you.

Mornin' Nick!

Its the big day for the Seneca lake, Ontario, and Western.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/24/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph S

Today High: 78 Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

wmap1.jpg

I'll have French toast today.

french-toast.jpg

I'd like the roundhouse over-there, trestle bridge there, loco service next to the shed there......[/quote]

Lotta talk, little plan. Seems like you have a lot of time, living rent free and all. Maybe the XtrkCAD need a little fresh air.

Morning Gents,

Hit the ground ruining today. It's nice out, but I won't see it until it is dark--except for my coffee break. Ahhhh, nice.

Afternoon all
Ray,,, your going to sail through the inspection, no problem, i have every confidence in you:D
Ken Myou'll need an extension to put the TV in, very nice.

how about this :D wish i could go:(

Age of steam revivied
20 April 2007

GISBORNE: The first steam train to carry passengers on the East Coast in six years will chug its way into Gisborne this weekend.

One hundred and eighty passengers will travel on Mainline Steam Tours’ special scenic excursion aboard the J1211, through the Hawke’s Bay region spending the night in Gisborne.

The line had been closed to passenger traffic since 2001 it was only at Easter that Ontrack decided to reopen the line.

To mark the occasion, the vintage locomotive will stop to give way to Gisborne’s vintage Tiger Moth.

The 1940 DH82a Tiger Moth was built in England and once flew for the RAF. It was brought to New Zealand for topdressing duties during the 1950s. When it was retired, a syndicate was formed to restore it and keep it in Gisborne.

Gisborne is the only place in the world where trains give way to planes, because it is the only airport where a main trunk line runs across a runway.

- NZPA

Afternoon all
Ray,,, your going to sail through the inspection, no problem, i have every confidence in you:D

Thank You Steve! I am proud to announce that The Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western Model Railroad has just passed all the requirements to become a "Golden Spike" recipient. All that is left to do is the paperwork........ (Get the signature of the regional AP Chairman and he will send it off to National). When the gentleman got here and started to look at the layout, his first comment was, "Your backdrop clouds are better than mine". I then realized he was the person that I learned the technique from at a Lakeshores Division Fall Meet a couple of years ago. He seemed to really like everything he saw. We talked model railroading for quite a while and then he invited me to get a ride in a cab of a locomotive at a museum where he volunteers..... All in all, a very enjoyable day!!!

Meeting with the landscape guy on Thursday to layout the plans for the yard.
'Freidian slip' there, Ken?:D

Ray - congrats on the Golden Spike, knew it all along you'd get it

On the DCC front, I learned consisting today. But for the life of me, I can't sync the speeds of my two locos - I have to make sure I run the faster one as the lead unit. I tried posting a question about it here and on the digitrax forum. No nibbles yet. If I don't hear something soon I'll have to post it on the (*gasp*) MR forum!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Freidian slip' there, Ken?:D

Didn't realise what I typed:eek: I did mean the outdoor yard (grass trees, swing and slide for B, shed for me Vege's for Jan) and then thought maybe they could start a Garden RR for me:rolleyes:

Yes Chip all talk, I will one day get a plan together, to busy watching the tv.:D

Ken.

OK finally figured out the speed-matching puzzle, need to finnagle the settings on CV2, CV5 and CV6 till I get a nearly-perfect match. Making sure the lead unit is just a teensy bit faster than the trailing unit.

(Now back to our regular scheduled programmimg...)

G'nite!

OK finally figured out the speed-matching puzzle, need to finnagle the settings on CV2, CV5 and CV6 till I get a nearly-perfect match. Making sure the lead unit is just a teensy bit faster than the trailing unit.

(Now back to our regular scheduled programmimg...)

G'nite!

Gone mainline yet? Or you still driving in the comfort zone?

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/25/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 28mph S

Now through 08:00 AM CDT April 25, 2007

High: 78

A line of thunderstorms in southeast Texas from sam Rayburn dam to Fred to southeast of Liberty at 6 AM will move east 40 mph through 7 AM. The storms will move across Jasper County into Newton and northwest parts of both Orange and Jefferson counties by 7 AM. These storms will produce heavy rains to around an inch and a half...strong gusty winds and dangerous lightning. Scattered showers will occur ahead of the line over parts of west-central and central Louisiana. Over the coastal waters...scattered showers will occur from White Lake to Johnson bayou Louisiana out 60 nautical miles.

Today High: 78 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe with gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Cooler. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

The breakfast bar is open.

breakfastbar.jpg

Morning Bill, Ken, Jeffrey! Been laying down cork roadbed and I'm about 50% done, then it'll be time to lay the track down. I'm pumped! Well hope everyone is having a great day.

Good Morning everyone..... oops. Good afternoon everyone! I've been catching up on all the little errands and stuff that needs to be done around here today. Had to do some shopping, get my ears lowered, and stuff like that in between waiting on the cats (medication, food, etc.).

The National weather service said this morning that the Finger Lakes would have "some cloudiness" today. The cloudiness is falling out of the sky at a pretty good rate at the moment. This is three months in a row where the rainfall has been almost double the average. Droughts over! As soon as the flooding stops, I may have to mow my lawn. I have managed to be the last one in my neighborhood to mow my lawn again this year. Yes! The record still stands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back