Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken: Just a thought but take a look at the Soundtraxx online (printable) manual on programming. As CV's are a NMRA driven beast they should be the same regardless of maker and the guide to Tsunami programming is extensive.

Fergie

GrandeMan: I'm thinking about an ARG at my Depot sometime in the latter half of May. The purpose of the session today was to find weaknesses before an ARG.

Sounds great Rex. I've really dropped the ball on ARG lately with all I've had going on. Ray and I were talking a short while back about doing another meet split between his place and ours. Maybe we could shoot for June or July.

Another beautiful day. Got the lawn mowed and half the garage done. I found I have muscles that I haven't used since summer. Kinda sun burnt, too. I'd like to take the day off and sit in the basement, but I made a mess yesterday.

I should have gone railfanning with Grande.

Afternoon everybody!

Just getting around to checking in today. I have to drive up to Canandaigua and then to Rochester Airport as My sister is hopping a flight to NYC and then to the "Very Far" (one of those places ending in "stan") for a Arts Trip. She does this a couple times a year and has pretty much traveled the entire globe at some time or other. I get the fun job of watching her cat while she is gone.....

afternoon all, weather finally turned today, rain and more rain, should make the vegtables grow at long last, the grounds solid as rock here, it is normally sodden at this time of year, April showers and all that.
Ray hope your sister has a good trip to "Stan", i send ton's of oilfield equipment to them thar places, mainley Kazakhstan though, keep's me busy.

Just won four more new ballast cars for the layout and a coal car, gotta sell more stuff to carry on the upgrade and re build.

Hi All ! Another beautiful day here sunny and 70 . Spent most of the day putting my awning down on my patio and then washed the car. Fergie, Irv retired back in the early nineties . He along with the sportscaster and weatherman formed what was the longest runnung news team in the US . Over 25 years together . They have all since retired but one thing you could look forward to was them doing their thing ! . Well gonna get going to do more yardwork so all have a nice rest of the day !!!!!

The Central Indiana Division of the NMRA hosted the Spring Midwest Regional Convention this weekend. I was unable to attend because of work Dang nabbed jobs anyhow. I was the Chair for the last Regional we hosted in 2001. It was a lot of work but very enjoyable. I had one of the best supporting cast ever so my part of the Convention was very easy. I heard they had 150 registrar which is 25 more than the last time. I did run trains for a good friend today as he had his layout open for the tour. We only had 18 come through but most of the attendees headed north after the Convention and he is located about 40 miles south of the convention site. He as pleased with the turnout and that is what counts. He is modeling the Illinois Central RR in the early 1950's along with the MONON RR. It was quite an enjoyable day for me to get to run trains. I hope to have my layout up to hosting a tour in the not to distant future.

Evening All: Well another new place. It looks pretty good. The light blue walls could use a few clouds.
Not much doing on the MRR front, unless you count the 7.5 inch gauge. I spent a couple of days out at my sons place working on putting in a couple of grade crossings. These are desinged to with stand a loaded hay truck and trailer. Both ahve concrete bases that we mixed on sight.
Today Mary Ann and I mowed the yard. She got the front and near back done except where the space is tight. I'll have to do that with the push mower. I did the close places and the railroad in the far back. We still have to finish the back tomorrow if it dosen't rain.
Well it's getting late. I'll say Good Night.

Like the new place! Hope the food's better. Had a full day of HD's (Hunniedo's) and then had to go to my sisters for BBQ ribs. What's even worse, I hadda cookem! Wasn't to bad though, slow smoked them jewels for about 5 hours (boneless beef) and man it was just like eatin' a fine cooked steak. They were so tender and juicy I believe I could've eatem them without my dentures!
Topped it off with BBQ baked beans, potato salad, and homemade apple cobbler! I could just HEAR them arteries closin' down! Boy it sure was good!

As Rex said, had a real fun time at his place last night, and I put some pix over in the WPF.

Eric, ya shudda come!

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

04-23-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Guten Morgen und guten Tag zu Ihnen.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/23/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Now through 06:15 AM CDT April 23, 2007

High: 82

Through 6 AM...isolated showers will affect portions of central and southern Louisiana...generally along and east of a line from deridder to pecan island. Only a trace of rainfall is expected with these showers as they move off to the north at 30 mph.

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

The breakfast bar is open!

breakfastbar.jpg

Morning everyone!! Had an awesome weekend, got a bunch of yardwork and chores done. Went to the train show, it was kind of on the small side but I did pick up my cork for the roadbed. I need to take some more pictures of my layout and post them, I have the sub-roadbed work done now it's on to laying the cork and track. Hope everyone has a great day.

Mornin' crew, afternoon Steve

Another interesting adventure on Sunday evening - gather 'round, and I'll tell ya all about it.

Sarah [my eldest daughter] called me at ~9:00pm to tell me the Honda's brakes were barely working, so I told her to get the h*** off the road immediately and I'd come out to pick her up. She told me the name of the street she was on but I wasn't exactly sure how to get there, so shortly after I left I tried calling her on her cell phone for directions. No answer, left a voicemail. I tried again a few minutes later - still no answer. Several more tries with same result.

Now I got worried, because young women stranded on the road at night are highly vulnerable. It was the longest 30-minute drive I have ever made. But I finally got to the street where she was at, and she was OK. She hadn't heard me trying to call because her ringer was on 'silent' mode :rolleyes: . Anyhow, I climbed into the Honda and noticed the parking brake lever was up [on]. I asked her if she used it when the regular brakes failed and she didn't know what I was talking about. [Hmmmmm....] I released the parking brake, drove ~20ft, then pressed the brake pedal. Stopped like normal. IOW, Sarah had been driving with the parking brake on (she's a blonde, remember)!

I didn't get mad at her though, since she did what she was supposed to do in an emergency situation. Just a slightly painful learning experience for her!

Ken: Just a thought but take a look at the Soundtraxx online (printable) manual on programming. As CV's are a NMRA driven beast they should be the same regardless of maker...
Thanks Fergie, but I think those standards only apply to motor and light control settings. The CV's I've seen for controlling sound are different for QSI and Digitrax, and they're in the range of CV112 thru CV256, which [according to the NMRA standards page for CVs] are "reserved for manufacturer use." Dang I wish they'd release the Diseasle Tsunami...!

Ken,

Driving 30 minutes to teach your child about the parking brakes is a lot cheaper than replacing brakes. (Don't ya just love Hondas?)

As an aside, I was sitting at a stop sign in a Honda Accordion when I was hit at 40 mph from behind by a brand new Ford 250. Shot me like a pool ball 150 feet. I had a car seat in the back seat--the car was crushed flat right to the passenger compartment. The baby seat was untouched.

Morning Gents,

Nother beautiful one here. Yesterday, I cleaned the gargage and had a bonfire. Toasted marshmallows to parts of the old layout.

Mornin' Bill!

Jeffrey, Danke and a good day to you to! Breakfast bar looks good but I have to be good. Get to have a blood test next week and I don't want to push it.

Mornin' everyone! Hope it is great day wherever you are!

Tomorrow is the big day for the layout. I think I am all set to be "inspected". Just got to tidy up, vacuum, and make sure everything works.

Hi All ! Another nice day except for the wind, Could use a windmill and probably run electricity to the whole house for a week. But alas wind means bad weather heading this way. Chip accidents are never good. A! was in a twelve car accident bac when seatbelts where put in as a second thought. Woke up with the steering wheel in my hands and my head out the passenger side window. All I had was a bad headache and broken glasses. Oh well gonna try to get a litlle yardwork in before the storm arrives . take care all !

Afternoon all,
ARGERS sound like you had a fun night, Carey i'm drooling!!!

Ken Better safe than sorry eh, she'll learn in time, you gotta start somewhere.

josh just waiting for my password reminder e-mail to come through

Last edited by a moderator:
hey fellas, boy what a week so far way, too busy for me, everybody's appliances breaking down at the same time. Time for a wee drinkie and sit back watch the telly ON THIS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...?proxybuster=QAAWKFU2MSOK5J0RMRCSHQVHKFSESI5P

Wow what a picture:D :eek: And a good discount too;)

House progress is good, wiring all in place (some extra wires here and there, home theatre, computers, trains etc;) ;) ) insulation is in and the gibboard (drywall??) is going up. Meeting with the landscape guy on Thursday to layout the plans for the yard.

I'd like the roundhouse over-there, trestle bridge there, loco service next to the shed there......

TTFN, Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back