Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray My condolences to your familly, i remember the picture, and to make a 72nd anniversary like they did was an amazing acheivment.

Evening All: ray my condolences to you and yours.
I've been out of contact for the last 3 days thanks to Peoplepc. Every time I tryed to get on Internet Explorer They dropped the connection. I'm going to get Verison wireless broadband. It's more expensive but we'll save a bunch on telephone bills since I have to pay for extended service. Besides it will be fast.
Not much on the MRR front. I've been busy even thou I'm retired. Actually I think that I'm working harder now.
It's time to head for bed so I'll say Good Night.

Good morning
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif

Mornin everybody -

If you go to the Weather Channel and look at the East Coast on the radar map, you'll see alot of yellow and red. Tells you what the weather is like here. You might be thinking "Hey that's a perfect excuse for doing some [classification] yard work" but I've been having another attack of the mrr 'blahs', plus I had to dole out an unexpected $500 in emergency plumber fees.:mad: That had a negative effect on the mrr budget. I did however, spend some time on XtrkCAD plotting a new single ended staging yard for my pike - the turnout is already in place [permanently closed position] so once I clear some space on the shelf, I can start laying the track. Assuming I find the energy to get back to it.

Carey that pan shot is excellent, I'll probably need something like that myself when I do a "virtual layout tour" ; but first I need to get all the newly-accumulated junk out of the garage where my model rr lives.

Ray - condolences to your MIL's family. I remember the photo too.

Steve - A girlfriend at age 7, man you sure got off to an early start!:D

TX Paul - haven't seen you in awhile, I was concerned because of all the severe weather that's been happening in your state. Glad you'll be getting a robust 'net connection.

Mornin' Luc!

Thank you to all for your care and concern for my in-laws. As well as my MIL passing, today would have been my 41st. (well really still is) wedding anniversary. Yep got hitched on Income Tax day.

We are now getting some liquid sunshine here in the Finger Lakes which is supposed to switch back over to the white stuff later today. They are now predicting up to 15 inches of heavy, wet "partly cloudy" before the storm moves out of the area. We had a beautiful spring here, it was on a Tuesday!

Today is "recover from doing the W thing" this weekend. Got a lot to get caught up on and some more "yard" work to finish and then get some photos to share in the WPF thread. See you all later.....

Hi All ! Just stopped in to see what is what . Storm heading up the coast . We're just far west enough we just catch the very edge of anything . Hope everyone stays safe and has a nice Sunday !

Afternoon
Paul, Ray, Rex, Ken
Say Flo,,, that's a more fitting dress you got on today,,, the BP should be lower now, the old heart was a thumping yesterday, must have been the sunshine.

We took out the rubber dingy today and had a great time on the river Yarrow, it's only 3ft at it's deepest now and is nice clean reservoir water, i got the rough end of the deal, walking up the river towing the boat, they aren't very good rowers yet
P4150069.jpg

and looking for trout
P4150072.jpg

Instead of the usual weather report, I'm offering this little item. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

You know, I went to somethin' one time what looked a lot like a bunch of guys havin' a big fight! D**ndest thing I ever seen, with guys runnin' around all over a cow pasture chasin' after some dumb over-dressed meathead who's clutchin' a weird lookin' thing that looks like a pointy watermelon that's been painted brown or dipped in something I don't wanna touch! You know, he just will not give that thing up until the others get him down on the ground and beat the stuffin' out of him!? Most of the time, the first guy gets it gives it to one of his buddies and then the others go beat up on him! There's these beautiful girls out along the side of the pasture jumpin' up and down and hollerin'. Man, they're wearin' nothin' but a tight shirt and a mini-skirt! Once in a while one or two of the guys runs out to the side of the pasture and knocks one or two of them down! Why don't she just jump up and wallop him one?. After a while, some guy dressed in zebra stripes shoots a gun into the air and says it's half-time. The guys run off to oppisite ends of the pasture to these big out-houses they got down there. There's music, bands, parades and the like, but I wanna see the guys get back out there and beat each other up again. While I wait, I go to the snack stand and get me one of those big orange soda gully washers and a couple of hotdogs. Bout the time I gets back to my seat, the guys are running out of them big out-houses an' back out into the pasture. Mr. zebra stripes blows a whistle and they go at it agian. One guy chucks the pointy thing to another guy who stands it up on end and a third guy kicks it as far down the pasture as he can. A guy down at the other end catches it and starts runnin back toward the guy what kicked it and some of his buddies run with him. The guys at the other end, they run toward him and knock him down just as fast as they can and they all pile up on him. After a while, Mr. zebra stripes shoots his gun again and says the games over. This was a game? Gee! I gotta tel the guys back in Widow's Hollow bout this. You know, somebody did a real good job cleanin' that cow pasture. I didn't see nary a cow chip nowhere which was good for the guys, cause they didn't have to worry none bout runnin' down that pasture an' steppin' in somethin'.

dumb.gif

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Nick!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Yep! The object of that "game" seems to be to get that pointy thing from one end of that cow pasture to the other without either gettin' knocked down, or steppin' in sumpin'....

Jeffery,

Once I took my blonde mistress to a football game. I got some great seats two rows back on the fifty yard line. It was a good game wit a win in the final seconds with a field goal.

So I asked my mistress what she thought.

"Well, it was nice sitting behind the team like that, couple of the them had pretty cute butts, but I just didn't get the game. "

"I mean they throw a coin in the air. Then someone yells get the quarter back. Then these two teams beat each other up for 3 hours."

"Hellllooooo. It's only 25 cents."

Morning gents.

Jeffery,

Once I took my blonde mistress to a football game. I got some great seats two rows back on the fifty yard line. It was a good game wit a win in the final seconds with a field goal.

So I asked my mistress what she thought.

"Well, it was nice sitting behind the team like that, couple of the them had pretty cute butts, but I just didn't get the game. "

"I mean they throw a coin in the air. Then someone yells get the quarter back. Then these two teams beat each other up for 3 hours."

"Hellllooooo. It's only 25 cents."

Morning gents.
That's priceless! I laughed so hard my sides are hurting.

Hello again!

I forgot the weather forecast for today. They say one picture is worth a thousand words. So...... in the interest of saving bandwidth, the weather forecast for today in the Finger lakes is:

SpringDay07w.png

I call it "Another Lovely Spring Day in the Finger Lakes"....:rolleyes: :D

Hi all,

I'm entering into another 'first' learning experience: installing a sound decoder & speaker. Seems like you need to be a mechanical engineer to figure out how to pry the shell and fuel tank off a Kato SD38-2. Took me most of Sunday afternoon to get past that hurdle. Now somebody across the street is saying that the Sountraxx decoder I plan to install is junk, and I'd better get a Digitrax to avoid certain heartburn!

Chip, that is a pretty good blonde joke, but I sqirmed uncomfortably while I was reading it. Y'see, my oldest daughter [the one who just got her license] exhibits some of these jokeworthy traits. Like 10 days ago, she called at 10pm to ask me how to use the pump at a self-service gas station (no, really!)

Ray, I don't envy your snowfall there in the Fingerlakes, but at least you can simply shovel it off. The people I really feel sorry for are those who are getting hit with tornadoes and floods!:eek:

Hi all,

I'm entering into another 'first' learning experience: installing a sound decoder & speaker. Seems like you need to be a mechanical engineer to figure out how to pry the shell and fuel tank off a Kato SD38-2. Took me most of Sunday afternoon to get past that hurdle. Now somebody across the street is saying that the Sountraxx decoder I plan to install is junk, and I'd better get a Digitrax to avoid certain heartburn!
Ask a hundred people what the best decoder is and you'll get a myriad of answers, maybe even 50 different answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back