Coffee Shop Part III

Yep, Paul, just in time for the weekend. That's upstate New York weather...:D My snowblower has been ready for over a month. Lawnmower is put away. May have to get it back out and mow one more time. Crazy year!

I actually did get down cellar and got a couple turnouts installed this afternoon. I'm adding an escape track in the new yard. Decided to make the arrival/departure track different from what I originally planned.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

12-01-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Hello all,

Just a quick check-in.

Ray and Paul, that same storm system will be blasting thru Maryland this afternoon, I think we're ready for it, but my only concern is the possibility of tornadoes :eek:

Rex, I agree with you on the Arizona property. I'm totally clueless about what makes that region so attractive to homebuyers, could it be the ultra-clean air quality? Many people with breathing problems move out there...

Steve, looks like your mind is made up about moving to Ken M's neighborhood - best of luck with that, hope Nicki 'warms up' to the idea.

Jos - you can even tell the shade of blue your sky is at? Your "arteeste" side is showing!:D

Not much modeling in the near-term future for me. I have to rent a tree limb shredder this weekend to clear some dead branches out of my backyard, plus join the crowds at the shopping malls (that time of year again!)

Since it's December 1st i decided to put up the christmas lights outside the house before i get told to put them up, anyhow time for a nice hot drink and a piece of cake

Mornin' Everyone! Good to see everyone here today.

Ken L, there is a possibility of tornadoes way up here in NY this afternoon! That is a rarity but.........??? I need to get some banking and some shopping done before the worst of the storm hits. See you all later!

Tornado/ storm

Good evening all,

Ray: Hope it will pass by on a great distance...
Here at "my place" we hadn't any storm this time of the year and that is also very rare. Only the north of my country had some but here in the "south"none till now...The temperature is also at new record hights since they wrote it down starting in the 17 th century. Outside it is like spring!!

Jos

Jos the Dafodill bulbs are coming through allready, they are in for a shock, even some tree's are showing spring growth, just goes to show that nature is very confused by it all

Take a look at the IRM U30C 5383 in it's shiny new green paint job, very nice http://www.irm.org/gallery/5383painting?page=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry...

Steve B: don't worry about the daffodils, It is not unusual at this time of the year, that they show their "noses" above the surface becuase the "mecanism" of growing depends on how much light the leaves will get.So the ground/soil is still "warm" but the light above the surface isn't enough and of course also the temperature, to let the leaves grow further/higher....
That is what they teached me for 20 years:rolleyes:
Climate is chanching deffenitly:eek: May be no more snow before and after Christmas:mad: Cannot imagine that!!

Jos

The storm Blew through Indiana today and I do mean blew. Constant 30MPH winds with gusts to 60MPH and rain all morning that came in sidways. When the rain quit the winds continued for a while and all the while the tempatures were dropping. Above 40 when I headed to work at 8AM and in the mid 20's at 3PM on the trip home. Some pretty big trees bowled over by the winds and the lights out here at home for over an hour. We on;y lost a few limbs from the big walnut tree in the back yard. The winds have now died but the temps are expected to stay cool for the next week or so.

Hi all The winds are blowing trough as I type I mean big time it blew my wife's santa flag away so i have to venture out to find it. Lights flikered a little just hope the power stays on .Feel sorry for you mid-westerners It left quite a mess your way. Well time to really batten down the hatches !!!!!

Hi all! I guess almost all of us in the States are in a big chill right now. The front came through here last night, but other than an F1 tornado 40mi. south of here didn't amount to much except.......Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Well, many of you can welcome me to the 'Polar Express' club. I finally watched in on TV tonight. Yes, I did enjoy it and it stirred many emotions and brought back fond memories of my childhood Christmas excitement. (I think that I can hear the bell again!;) :D )

Another outstanding movie I watched this past Sunday was "March of the Penguins" on the Hallmark channel. What an incredible animal they are!

Carey and Jimmy came over today and helped me get some final preps made before the ARG meet next Saturday. We had a lot of fun just talking and working. I wish that I had an operations plan going for this meet, but I will just have to hope everyone enjoys running trains to many different points and are careful about pasture sidings:D .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

All you ARG folks out there, have a fun filled day with the trains! I too, wish I could be there.

Sorry for the err in my post, but the ARG is next Saturday.

Hope all are doing well and my Northern brothers haven't been inundated by snow drifts or other bad weather. But what the hey, its almost officially winter.:rolleyes:

Hope all are doing well and my Northern brothers haven't been inundated by snow drifts or other bad weather. But what the hey, its almost officially winter.:rolleyes:

Everything is fine here in the Finger Lakes! A much more seasonable 36° today. Got a little rain yesterday though.....:eek:

RainWater1a.png

:D

Back