Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all!!!!
Just a cup of coffee for me flo.
Not much going on here.......and I like it that way.:D

Goooooooood afternoon coffee shoppers! Went in and signed for a new Toyota Yaris at noon today. By the time I got home, had lunch, and turned on the computer, my Credit Union called to say they had gotten a call from the dealer a few minutes earlier and the loan had been approved........ Still waiting on the VIN to get all the paperwork done. Depends where the dealer has the car I want shipped from. Hopefully by Friday I will be driving a (much) more efficient car than the pickemup truck I have. Kept the truck for hauling stuff (like the 2 ton equipment trailer) when I need to. For the next 3 weeks I will have to drive to Canandaigua every day (30 mile round trip) to take care of my sister's cat and plants while she visits the "Very Far" again (Mexico this time). So I figure this car will save me over $100 in gas in 3 weeks. The loan will be paid for with the SS income that I didn't know I could get.

Afternoon yall!

Flo! Big cuppa coffee, please and don't skimp on the cup!:D

Takin' a break right now. Been doin' some model building and moving the club's layout around. Mcvane finished painting our room and now that the "Christmas Show" (Thanksgiving til two weeks ago), is finally finished, we'll be setting the layout back up in a very bright area. Got some wear and tear to repair! (Bet yall didn't know I was a poet!) You'd be surprised how much white on the walls will improve your lighting.:rolleyes:

Past week I've been feeling real good and got some strength back but still ain't as strong as I need to be. Only helped on the layout for about 4 hrs yesterday and then came home and went straight to bed, 1900 hrs! Slept until about an hour ago.:eek:

Have been goin' thru my unbuilt kits and building as many as I can.:) Past week I've built two Westerfield PRR gons, finished up my SRR caboose, built 4 Red Caboose kits! Working on getting my Bowser 2-10-2 mechanism debugged as well. Have ordered another set of side rods from them so I can articulate the rods between the wheels, just like the prototype.;)

I also need to paint 2 GM&O wood cabooses (1 Hallmark, 1 Samhongsa) and a CB&Q 60 ton centercab, plus 3 of what I built, and a couple I built a while back but never painted. I just gotta get my painting station put back together so I can.:p

Jim;

Glad the hands better! Clindamycin is a good antibiotic. I know that is still sore.

Had some cellulitis come up in my foot 10 years ago. After 14 surgeries and several central lines, they finally killed it. That was a very long summer!

Evening Carey, Ray
glad your getting back on your feet Carey, and Ray You won't go wrong with a Yaris, they are very reliable little cars. Jim hope your hands getting better sir, off to bed soon, been visiting nan's and uncles today, nans house was about 100f and it was 34f outside, it put me to sleep within five mins of arriving

Good evening folks

It was 25 F as I headed in this morning. Our high today was supposed to be 34 F. I am not sure we made it. It is 26 F right now and snowing. I just got back from taqking my daughter to her flute lesson. The snow is a fine dust. It is laying on the lawns and the streets are wet but no problems yet. We should be able to get our Cub Scout Den Meetings in this evening. The weather barkers are saying we will get icing overnight. Now they are also calling for up to three inches of snow on Friday.

My son went be back in school today with his finger wrapped. Knowing him he played up the sympathies with the teacher and secretaries. He is a master of flashing his baby blues in a sad way and make them feel sorry for him.

I continued sealing the trailers. I airbrushed weathered all the flat cars. Next is to complete the sealing process.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Hi, Guys. A very good evening or a very early good morning, depending on where you are.

Went back to the doc's today for a followup and everything is looking good. George, as I'm sure your wife told you, I have what civilians call "blood poisoning". I'm so used to writing in medicalese that I sometimes forget the audience I'm writing for. The infection is now localized to my hand, which is still about twice the size of normal. It's still pretty painful but a Vicodin every six hours is keeping it down to a dull roar. My doc says my hand should be back to normal in about two weeks but I plan to blame every crummy modeling job on it for the next two years. :D

CJ, Clindamycin has done a really good job. Not only did it stop the blood poisoning ffrom advancing but it's the first antibiotic I've ever taken that didn't give me GI problems. Translate that into extended sessions in the small room reading the Walthers Catalog from cover to cover. :) I've never had cellulitis but have treated patients with it and I know that's no fun either. Post a picture of that Southern caboose when you can. I need some inspiration to get started on my kit.

Tom, glad to hear it was only a sprain. That's what they usually turn out to be but it's always best to make sure.

Ray, good for you, everything I've read and hear about the Yaris is that it's a really great car. As I remember, you owe my a P2K engine as your SS adviser. :) Just kidding, of course, I'm just happy to that someone got the Social Security I should have gotten. They paid me back though November but said too bad about the rest of the two years I should have been getting it. They admitted they should have notified me but it's too bad for me that I didn't making a habit of cruising the SS web pages seeing if they owed me something when I was 60. I could probably fight them but I've had enough fights with them when my late wife was alive and I'm grateful just be getting a little more extra income than I thought I would.

Willis, a 2005 is almost a new car and think of the depreciation you saved. Boy, I hope you don't find your layout frozen in a block of ice March 1.

Paul, I still think you secretly like shoveling snow.

George, $32.00 for off-season greens fees? Things really have gotten expensive since the last time I played golf.

It was a real nice day down here with a high of 72 and nice view of the lunar eclipse. Might get a few showers tomorrow but shouldn't be a big deal. Friday and Friday night are still looking a little dicey in terms of severe storms but it looks like the threat is moving further south. Everyone here is a little nervous, as you might imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
02-21-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
Buffet.png

:eek:
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Good Morning Bill ! It's a nit cold but not as cold Fargo , North Dakota ,I guess ot hit -31 there , I'll take our bamly 12 degrees and be happy . Happy to hear about your new car Ray . I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla and have had good service with it . Nice on gas and the wallet . Carey glad to hear your getting better I have had my bouts with illness and it is not fun. See that you fellows down in the South are finally gonna get some rain. Guess you need it . Finally I have some bad news in my family . My bed ridden Mother-In-law past away yesterday . She has been in bed for the past four years and just wanted to be with God and her husband. She was a special woman in my life and I will truly miss her . May God take her in his arms now that her journey is over !!!. Hope everyone has a good day !

Good morning folks

It was 19 F as I headed out onto the salt covered roads this morning. It was like driving in a dust storm this morning from all the leftover salt and anti-skid. I guess after the ice storm they decided to be extra careful and put it down heavy last night. High toady will be 33 F. Tomorrow civilization as we know it will end according the weather hype-it mis-forecasters. We are in for 1 to 3 inches of snow with sleet and freezing rain starting tonight and going through tomorrow. By noon there should be a full scale bread and milk panic in the Delaware Valley.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Den Meetings.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Get well soon

Jim She said, it was blood poisoning and not a good thing to have. So I hope your better soon.

NYC_George

Mornin' Jim! If the car is as good as everyone who owns a Toyota keeps saying, it should serve me very well. A very dear freaind from church got a 4 runner 20 (used) close to 20 years ago. He still has it and uses it to plow snow in his driveway. The vehicle has close to 300,000 miles on it not counting the many hours it sat on high idle at fire calls when he was Fire Chief of a local Volunteer Company. Still on original engine and transmission, doesn't burn oil, and has never refused to start. He bought a newer one two years ago because the old one was starting to rattle a bit and he was afraid a fender would fall off on the way to a fire call........ BTW, again thanks for the heads up on SS. I asked about retroactive payments for the year plus I missed could have gotten them and was told "Too bad" as well. The nice thing for me is I will be able to postpone getting my own for a couple more years and will have a larger payment then.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Paul! Very sorry to hear about your Mother in law. She is in a better place now........ My Mother in law was also bed ridden for the last several years of her life, had bone cancer, and finally had to deal with strokes before one took her. She too was a very special lady who I miss very much. Her 94 year old husband is still hanging in there, goes out to a coffee shop for breakfast several times a week, smokes cigars, and rides his motor scooter all over the nursing home. The term character doesn't begin to describe him.

Mornin' Tom! Sounds like a nice day there.... I try to stay out of the grocery store on Thursdays. That's one of the days they bring those ladies to the store in buses. You know the ones who put their carts crossways in the aisle and stand and stare at the can goods........ I have had them see me coming down the aisle and immediately move their cart so that I can't get by and then read the labels on all the cans (same brand....). Don't touch their cart so you can go by.... You will get the "look!" In a Big M a couple years ago one stopped me in the potato chip section and said, "I can't believe they don't carry my favorite brand of potato chips here!" I asked which brand she was looking for. She said, "Well I always get Tops brand"! I told that it was probably because this was a Big M. All I got was the blank stare.....

Mornin' George!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning.
it's 60 degrees here under heavy cloud cover with thunderstorms approaching. Expecting a high in the mid 70's with more thunderstorms this afternoon. If you need rain, come and get it. We have plenty.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/21/2008

Wind Chill: 59°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 60°F
Rain: 0.56"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph E

Today High: 75 Rain and scattered thunderstorms early in the morning...then rain likely and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Rain may be heavy at times. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 58 Showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then scattered showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall and small hail in the evening. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 10 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Jim;

Be more than happy to take some pix of the caboose for you. Until then how about this one. Its the PFM brass version of the caboose. When it was new, I got it for $50. One just sold on E-bay for over $200!:eek:

I like this version, but I'm not gonna pay the prices being asked for it. I'd rather build the kit.

Hey all!

So check this out! Last night we had to report my sons pizza sales (fund raiser) to the basketball team coach. So we added it all up, and that kid sold 70 (!) pizzas in a week! I don't know if he sold the most, but that's a TON of pizza! Now we have to go make them Saturday morning and deliver them! Should prove to be interesting!

Oh, and about the "fun" weather here in Indiana..........yeah, I could pass on it truthfully. Well, here's the latest:

It looks like snow will spread into central Indiana early this afternoon. We could get a quick shot of an inch or two by the evening rush hour. Allow extra time if heading out later today. After the initial burst of snow, sleet and freezing rain will mix in during the overnight hours. A winter weather advisory remains in effect tonight through Friday. After getting a quick inch or two of snow, sleet and freezing rain will mix in this evening. I think we could see an additional inch of snow and sleet overnight here in the city with higher amounts north of Indy. The morning commute could be a real mess. At least it should only get up to about the low twenties at the highest......before wind chill. Yeah, it's going to be a party!

Good Afternoon, all. It's cold, gloomy, and rainy day down here...but no tornados at least. :)

Paul, very sorry to hear about your motner-in-law but it sounds like God finally took mercy on her and took her to a better place.

George, blood poisoning is definitely not a good thing to have. I'm lucky that they have oral antibitics that can usually bring it under control or I'd be in the hospital on IV's.

Ray, a Toyota dealer donated a 4Runer to the Bay Area Mountain Rescue Team in something like 1984 and it was still doing its job in 2005, when I left California. No one really knew how many miles it had on since to the odometer had broken years ago but the general consensus was somewhere around half a million, still on the original engine. Those thngs did last forever. I'm glad both of us got at least part of what we were owed by Social Security, the rats. :( We get the those shopping cart blockages here at Walmart (well, when we had a Walmart) but it's people visiting with one another, a favorite activity in the South. The difference is that everyone here is very nice and polite and move out of your way when you come by.

Jeffrey, I hope thunderstorms are all you get. That's the weather system that has me a little worried about tomorrow night here.

CJ, I have the Wrightrax verson of the bay window kit. That cost me as much as your brass model. :eek: You got a great deal on that and a tidy profit on e-bay. I don't think I would have bid $200 but I would have placed a more reasonable bid to try and snag that model.

Phillip, the radar does look like you guys in Indiana and Ohio are in for it in terms of ice and snow. I hope it doesn't get too bad, especially since you have to cook and deliver 70(!) pizzas on Saturday.

It's windy here with this cold front passing through. My daughter called from school and said all her hysterical high school friends are hearing reports of tornados all over the place. There's not a severe storm within 200 miles but everyone here is nervous. I picked up up a set of GMRS/FRS two way radios with weather alert for both my daughter to take to school and work so they know what's really going on. If the worst happens, they will at least have a radio that they can use to call for help and there's a good chance someone will be monitoring one of the frequencies. I may be a bit too far away to talk to them but I'm going to test them tomorrow to see what kind of range I can get if I'm on top of a big hill not far from us.

CJ, I have the Wrightrax verson of the bay window kit. That cost me as much as your brass model. :eek:

Yeah but mine was $50 in 1977.;) Kitwise, I'll stay with my F&C, Westerfields and an occassional odd/old brand picked up at a show or some other sale.:)
Gary makes good stuff, but its way too modern for me, (and IMHO, really more expensive than necessary)!:D

I think I jinxed myself today, see were to get a messy snow storm tonight into saturday. so i had my mind set on not working tommorow. i mean like really set on it. i even cut out early today to hit the home depot to pick up supplies to work on the basement. so thats where my mind is. BUT I bet I wake up at 6am tommorow morn and there wont be a flake of snow to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!! I EVEN CUT / SLIT AND CARRIED in FIREWOOD!!! AAARGGHGHGHHH

Sounds like you are prepared for it with or without the snow although you are definitely leaning towards hoping there is lots of snow. :D Hope it all works out for ya. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back